uPVC door lock mechanism broken!

Options

Comments

• Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is it still under the 10yr warranty? If so, call it in.
  • Locknut
    Locknut Posts: 436 Forumite
    Options
    Unfortunatly most guarantees class worn out locking systems as normal wear and tear.
  • kenito
    Options
    My upvc front door is hard to open with the kids really struggling its as if the door catch does not retract far enough any ideas ?
  • Locknut
    Options
    Your door sounds like it needs lining up. a locksmith or upvc company should be able to help.
  • Frantic_Locks
    Options
    Hi there everyone with lock trouble! I'm a female locksmith who runs a company across the North of England. I have guys from Hull to Blackpool, and from north Yorkshire/Lancashire to Staffordshire/Derbyshire.

If you have any problems or questions - please call me direct on 07949287440, we offer a free call out and assessment.

Thanks Fran
  • My uPVC door handle has been coming out of the door when I shut it, I thought that I needed a new handle but I've tightened something up and managed to fix it. The thing that's bothering me is that I was told that to change the door handle I would have to unscrew the handle via the two screws above and below the handle on the inside and simply take it off, this was impossible... the screws are impossible to move... if my tools were cheap I'd have snapped the handle off the screwdriver

Can anyone tell me why?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,323 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi there everyone with lock trouble! I'm a female locksmith who runs a company across the North of England. I have guys from Hull to Blackpool, and from north Yorkshire/Lancashire to Staffordshire/Derbyshire.

If you have any problems or questions - please call me direct on 07949287440, we offer a free call out and assessment.

Thanks Fran

I phoned Fran as I am in a bit of a difficult situation because my ex has walked off with all keys and he's not an overly predictable person so I was in a bit of a pickle with being unable to lock my doors. She was terribly helpful, giving me all the information I needed to buy replacement cylinders myself (telling me how to measure them and what I need to look for at the local DIY shop) and even offered to talk me thru how to remove the original cylinder as I am a bit short of cash at the moment. I just can't say thank u enough.
  • gizmouk_2
    Options
    Hello

I recently changed my Euro lock for a CISA Astral anti-bump/snap cylinder.
    Everything went well but now the latch on my door stays retracted all the time, not a big problem as the main bolts still operate correctly but an irritation nevertheless.
    Have I done something daft in the installation of the new cylinder??

:(

Chris
  • Locknut
    Options
    It depends on how you did it? how many screws did you take out?
  • bren1916
    Options
    Hi,

I have a Roto deadbolt & latch system in my upvc door and recently the latch is sticking when trying to close the door ie. not making contact with the strike plate/receiver.
    I removed the latch (just one screw involved) and replaced and worked fine a couple of times but same problem is back.
    Question is - do I need to replace the entire unit here?
    Bolt is similar to the Roto DoorSafe H510
    except it has 4 x smaller dead bolts bolts instead of v-cams and hooks.
    Thanks in advance...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport