Freecle / freecycle and balloons on sticks

Options
1319320321322323325»

Comments

• ladymarmalade222
    Options
    This sob story has just appeared on our group.

How have the mods let this one through? I cannot imagine an xbox one finding it's way into landfill :)

Wanted: Xbox One

My son has Aspergers Syndrome and finds it hard to form friendship's with his peer's, therefore he has no friend's. He never goes out and the only communication he has with anyone apart from his family is when he's playing on his xbox live. He's computer game mad and is good at it. He comes alive when conversing with others on online gaming. I have had to give up my job to be there for him, and his Dad has just been diagnosed with PTSD after serving in 3 war zones. Money is tight and would love to be able to give him the present he desires. Would be truly grateful if anyone could help. Many regards Michelle ☺
  • kingfisherblue
    Options
    Some of our local groups don't allow posts for games consoles, mobile phones, laptops, tablets, e-readers, plasma TVs, or similar items at this time of year. They are deleted by the mods.
  • SpammyTheSpammer
    Options
    Fascinated to see how many of those who are continuously wanting things have NO EMAILS as their email setting.

I queried one such member about this and their reply was on the lines of:-

"I do not want to be pestered by emails but need to be able to post my WANTED ads at will".

They just did not seem to see the hypocrisy in this, also claiming that they never wanted white goods, consoles etc only to immediately attempt to post a WANTED for a Fridge/Freezer.
    They are on permanent moderation.....
    I am a cow so cannot speak Bullshine but I do recognise its smell when I come upon it.
  • torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Some of our local groups don't allow posts for games consoles, mobile phones, laptops, tablets, e-readers, plasma TVs, or similar items at this time of year. They are deleted by the mods.

We allow them on our group but we get wanteds for those items all year anyway, I doubt if many of them get filled.
  • Towser
    Towser Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    Options
    I don't mind the WANTERS so much because the sky is the limit. If you don't ask you don't get. I can always dismiss the mails.

It's the non collectors that annoy me. I am usually getting rid of something to make the house feel nicer and if it is still here in the way it's annoying. If they are one of the first to reply why does it take them so long to collect? Sometimes it can up to a week to get rid of something especially if there is a series on non collections. It would have been easier to take it to tip.

There is one guy who also sells everything on that annoys me too.

Greedy people have ruined our Freecycle but I still do it because it is free if I can get anything I want.
  • thepedestrian
    Options
    Norwich Freecycle just now

"Double Spring mattress. Does have sweat stains but hasn't been weed on
    or anything. Thought I would check on here in case someone can make
    use of it!"

:T
    As Martin says - please be nice - there is no such thing as a stupid question ! ;)
  • barbiedoll
    barbiedoll Posts: 5,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    This sob story has just appeared on our group.

How have the mods let this one through? I cannot imagine an xbox one finding it's way into landfill :)

Wanted: Xbox One

My son has Aspergers Syndrome and finds it hard to form friendship's with his peer's, therefore he has no friend's. He never goes out and the only communication he has with anyone apart from his family is when he's playing on his xbox live. He's computer game mad and is good at it. He comes alive when conversing with others on online gaming. I have had to give up my job to be there for him, and his Dad has just been diagnosed with PTSD after serving in 3 war zones. Money is tight and would love to be able to give him the present he desires. Would be truly grateful if anyone could help. Many regards Michelle ☺

I don't get this. Surely he already has an XBox? Does she just want a free upgrade? Still, there's no harm in asking, I'm sure there are loads of people just throwing out their "old" Xbox One consoles (current RRP: around £230) :rotfl::rotfl:
    "I may be many things but not being indiscreet isn't one of them"
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Interesting description on our local facebook selling page today.
    I think the marks on the back are the least of the problems :)

iPad 32gb 3rd generation.
    Works perfectly bar the broken screen....
    It has a few age related marks on the back, but overall its in great condition.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure