BT broadband Haggling thread

Options

Comments

• Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    spud17 wrote: »
    Thanks Stompa for doing the groundwork, saves me. :)

I'm in exactly the same position as you. Today I received the exact same BT letter, don't forget, you need to factor in router delivery and also the set up charge if you go for FTTC.

I'm considering moving to fibre and as I've written before, I'm tempted by Origin, but they do not publish their addon prices on their website, and none of their fans on here seem inclined to let us know either.

Stompa don't forget there is also an unlimited Infinity 1 package.

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband-packages#fibre

I figured it might be worth calling the number on the letter to see if they were able to vary the deals offered to include unlimited BB. No luck though, he just offered me £26 for unlimited fibre infinity 1 & anytime calls, or £19 for unlimited ADSL and anytime calls (+ £18.99 line rental). He then passed me on to another department that could offer better deals. They offered me:

£18.99 line rental
    £8.50 anytime calls
    £9 unlimited fibre infinity 1 or £5 unlimited ADSL
    on a 12 month contract

so £2pm worse then their offer of two days ago. Groan!
    Stompa
  • ossie
    ossie Posts: 354 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you looked at Vodafone Fibre with Calls
    £26 Fibre & Line rental
    £8 anytime Calls
    £24 Setup Charge
    Do it through Quidco and get £80 cashback!
    https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband
  • Stompa
    Options
    ossie wrote: »
    Have you looked at Vodafone Fibre with Calls
    £26 Fibre & Line rental
    £8 anytime Calls
    £24 Setup Charge
    Do it through Quidco and get £80 cashback!
    https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband

Yes, I checked it out a couple of days ago, but it looks like the Quidco deal has ended.
    Stompa
  • ossie
    edited 10 January 2017 at 8:21PM
    Options
    Stompa wrote: »
    Yes, I checked it out a couple of days ago, but it looks like the Quidco deal has ended.

Nope Vodafone Broadband still there!
    http://www.quidco.com/vodafone-broadband/?st=voda&tr=1729&fn=index&fr=related&si=5875341e19ce7&sv=4-MS
  • Stompa
    Options
    ossie wrote: »

Ah thanks. Oddly though, they're not listed under 'Broadband retailers' on the Quidco site (Telecoms > Broadband). Do you actually use them? I'm somewhat concerned that they appear to have a very poor reputation re broadband.
    Stompa
  • ossie
    Options
    Stompa wrote: »
    Ah thanks. Oddly though, they're not listed under 'Broadband retailers' on the Quidco site (Telecoms > Broadband). Do you actually use them? I'm somewhat concerned that they appear to have a very poor reputation re broadband.

My son has transferred to Vodafone from Sky without a hitch or complaint. He went for the Unlimited 76 Mbs package as it was only £5 extra.
  • Gary.S
    Options
    I phoned BT to inquire what deal they could offer since I was out of contract (im currently paying £51.99 bt fibre 2 with phone line rental) they could only offer a 50 pence price INCREASE LOL even after the usual ill be leaving for anonther provider speach.

I decided to try phoning again, this time I was offered £45 per month, I explained that was still expensive compared to talktalk, 1 minute of holding im now paying £36.99 per month 12 month contract bt fibre infinity 2 and line retal :beer::beer:
  • smallblueplanet
    Options
    Line Rental £18.99
    Unlimited Anytime Calls add-on £5.50 Includes anytime calls to UK landlines and discounts to UK mobiles
    Broadband and Calls £20.00 (Unlimited Broadband)
    Special offer discount £-15.00 Your special offer discount lasts for 12 months
    BT Sport Pack £6.00
    BT Sport HD Pack £5.00
    BT Sport HD Pack Discount £-5.00 Twelve months free BT Sport HD Pack

Negotiated on 28th Dec. But I paid line rental in advance for 12 months, so £17.09.

So: monthly costs of
    £17.09 LR
    £5.50 Anytime calls
    £5.00 BB
    £6.00 BT Sport HD on Sky

= £34.59/month for 12 months
  • glitter123
    Options
    Can someone please give me a number to call at BT to haggle a deal. My OH spent 2 hours on the phone being shunted from one call centre to another.
  • spam9823
    Options
    glitter123 wrote: »
    Can someone please give me a number to call at BT to haggle a deal. My OH spent 2 hours on the phone being shunted from one call centre to another.

0800 783 1401. Took about 5 mins to get through, the person was very friendly but they really couldn't offer me much of a discount, even after 5+ mins of being on hold while he spoke to a colleague. The 18 month fibre deal with Sky (available through this site) was worked out almost half as cheap compared to what BT were offering.

As others have said, I find their retention offers are not very good and that phone number (and option chosen when you phone) specifically is for customers to cancel on so in theory it should give the best deals.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure