Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Early start this morning as DH is doing some overtime whilst I take children swimming. We do make a good team!

In preparation for our christmas elf antics I have made a very simple under construction sign where the elf door was last year. Dd who is 6 was totally amazed by it this morning. :xmassmile

Need toNgo back through the account today as have a few bills that we need paying and need to make a note in my diary. Monday-Friday is so manic, things easily get missed.

I also need to make a list of what I have got the children for Christmas. I think they have pj's plus a set for their Christmas eve box, books, marker maker and a styling head for dd and some trains and a book for DS.

I need ideas for stockings really. Dd will be easy, bobbles etc. I could do with a crafty splurge without children in tow!
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    What is your elf going to get up to this year cath? I wish mine were younger and would appreciate an elf.
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »
    What is your elf going to get up to this year cath? I wish mine were younger and would appreciate an elf.
    I wish someone would 'do me' an elf :D.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • CathT
    edited 23 November 2014 at 2:54PM
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »

That's why I'm trying to make the most of these years Newgirly. I'm on a couple of groups of fb for elf ideas but need to make a proper plan! The elf will bring the advent books when he arrives and other ideas off the top of my head is to have a movie night and midnight feast, snow angels in icing sugar, snowball fight with other toys etc. should be good fun but I usually remember to set it up as I'm going up to bed!
    gallygirl wrote: »
    I wish someone would 'do me' an elf :D.

There's still time GG!
  • CathT
    edited 24 November 2014 at 9:49PM
    Options
    Evening all. As much as I love my job I do like getting Monday out of the way! :D

Looking back at the weekend it was really lovely, I did the activity stuff with the children which meant DH caught up with things at home, freeing up the time we spent together. :)

Had more payments due from TCB, £9.30 so managed to request £4.30. Also did a 53p Tilly tidy and the current account remains in credit

I think I've cracked it! :j
  • CathT
    Options
    whitesatin wrote: »
    I have the same situation with TCB, a small amount of money payable but being held for the fee. I think that happened this time last year. Can't complain though, really, I got about £250 back this year.

Thanks for popping in whitesastin. The no purchase offers possibly outweigh the fee. I think it's time for some more insurance quotes! :D
  • CathT
    Options
    80p Tilly tidy done.

I need to remember to pay nursery and N3xt bill this week. DH sent off forms to transfer his pension too so will check his account the end of the week.
    DH has done a small top up shop, bit vague whether he spent £4 or £5 so best err on the side of caution!

Spotted a very nice house on rightm0v3 last night. Jus a shame it's an area I don't want to live. House was a beautiful bargain though!
  • CathT
    edited 28 November 2014 at 7:32AM
    Options
    £4.30 TCB payment landed and sent to 0% card. I do hope these dribs and drabs are helping and new Dec figures look good! No TT as I am not in the black but DH gets paid tomorrow. Low food spend planned but have an electrician coming today so he will want paying I guess!

Sooo ready for the weekend, am shattered this week!
  • CathT
    Options
    Electrical job done and it's a really tidy job so no plastering or decorating needed :j have money put aside for original quote so hoping it comes in less and I can OP the difference.

Need petrol and have a Mr T discount receipt which will help. I will OP that difference too.
    Will have a few supermarket trips to do over weekend as DH surprised me by buying newspapers with free vouchers! Might use it as a chance to fill the freezer with meat and help out with Dec grocery spends. Have a £10 off £50 @ldi voucher so that will be spent next thurs on wine!! :beer:

I think November spends came in at £250 ish. Am really pleased with that as we do have a couple of glasses of wine on the weekend evenings.

Happy Friday everyone!
  • Mrs_E_3
    Mrs_E_3 Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    well done on keeping the supermarket spends low. I really need to bring ours lower, they seem to be creeping up a bit again.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback