Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,952 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You are not the only one with a messy house at the moment cath :o it's the last thing on my list as if it's the first thing I do the family mess it up again before I have done everything else!
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »
    You are not the only one with a messy house at the moment cath

Mine looks like Mr GG has been living on his own in every room for 6 months :eek: :rotfl:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 December 2014 at 11:30PM
    Options
    Mammoth clean planned for the morning. Got to find the perks of the whole house waking at 6am on a daily basis!

Busy but lovely weekend planned......

1) collect bought items for christmas eve (Santa key etc)
    2) go on trip out tomorrow
    3) swimming
    4) collect Christmas eve cakes for children
    5) go to pre-booked grotto
    6) birthday party
    7) pick up craft items

I was hoping DH would do swimming lessons so I could do a couple of hours solid cleaning but he has been offered overtime so that will be the plan. Forgot to add that I got stuck in the carpark after work tonight as my key battery must be going and I couldn't get my car to start. Not the best part of my day!
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • CathT
    edited 20 December 2014 at 8:51PM
    Options
    CathT wrote: »

Busy but lovely weekend planned......

1) collect bought items for christmas eve (Santa key etc) done
    2) go on trip out tomorrow done, was amazing!
    3) swimming
    4) collect Christmas eve cakes for children
    5) go to pre-booked grotto
    6) birthday party
    7) pick up craft items part collection, awaiting refund on others :mad:

!

Had a fantastic day and am shattered but in a good way! Have made some wonderful memories today. Done no housework but that is way down on the list of priorities!
  • CathT
    Options
    Everything done off the list and am now well and truly shattered. The weekend flew by so fast!

Payday tomorrow hopefully so money shuffle planned and a quick check of financial to see how the month is going.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Messy house here, too. Living room essentially ok, along with DS3 and DS1's rooms. Rest is trashed...... :(
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    Options
    My entire house looks like an episode from hoarders, I am at the point where it can only get better....and I have been saying that for two weeks.
  • CathT
    Options
    greent wrote: »
    Messy house here, too. Living room essentially ok, along with DS3 and DS1's rooms. Rest is trashed...... :(
    My entire house looks like an episode from hoarders, I am at the point where it can only get better....and I have been saying that for two weeks.

The 'big clean' hasn't happened! We need a major decluttering but unless I am really ruthless it's not going to happen. Might have to be a clever use of storage instead :D

I've been paid so all financials done and also planned ahead as DH should get paid tomorrow. Have been using t3sco card to stooze a bit for the points and all is paid up to date for that. :p I feel so much more positive now we seem to be getting straight financially.

Today's plan:

DS at nursery for a few hours
    Clean bathroom and utility
    Buy turkey crown (have a £5 mr M voucher)
    Buy green napkins (to make Christmas trees with dd)
    Make paper chains!
    Await refund which apparently will appear today (will overpay on receipt as doubt it will happen!)
    Item being collected later so OP that money

I did however take advantage of N3xt VIP sale last night but as DH and I haven't bought each other anything for Christmas that can be our treat. :)

Is it sad that I am looking forward to end of year financial totals and goal setting for 2015?
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    CathT wrote: »
    The 'big clean' hasn't happened!
    Big Clean's are not a good idea. In my experience they are just followed by a Big Dirty :D.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • CathT
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Big Clean's are not a good idea. In my experience they are just followed by a Big Dirty :D.

Gallygirl, I'm sure you must have one of your trademark emoticons to go with that! :D

Sound advice, I will not do too much. I have dusted the ceiling lights which is definitely a step too far.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback