Bulb Energy Reviews: Give your feedback on the energy supplier

Options

Comments

• Chin
    Chin Posts: 146 Forumite
    edited 29 August 2017 at 4:24PM
    Options
    thanks for that!

switch has been aborted (courtesy of their online chat).
    very good service i must say.

that was a close call ... i'll do it once my existing tariff ends then!

the chap on the web chat just told me that i need to let them know 21 days before my tariff ends...but your saying Hengus i have a bit more time than that??
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Chin wrote: »
    thanks for that!

switch has been aborted (courtesy of their online chat).
    very good service i must say.

that was a close call ... i'll do it once my existing tariff ends then!

the chap on the web chat just told me that i need to let them know 21 days before my tariff ends...but your saying Hengus i have a bit more time than that??

Be warned. If your new supplier notifies your old supplier after the contract end date, then you will switch to the SVT. Suppliers do not have a crystal ball. However, they are required to switch you back to your old tariff if notified in the required the period. The Standard Licence Condition that applies reads as follows:

Standard Licence Condition 22D.12

22D.12 Where paragraph 22D.13 applies, the licensee must ensure that a Domestic Customer will continue to be subject to the same Charges for the Supply of Gas and the same terms and conditions that applied to the Dead Tariff until they have changed their supplier.

22D.13 This paragraph applies where one of the following conditions is satisfied:

(a) no later than 20 Working Days after (but not including) the date on which the Dead Tariff is due to terminate or be changed in order for the Domestic Customer to become subject to the licensee’s Relevant Cheapest Evergreen Tariff, the licensee receives Notice under the Network Code by way of the Relevant Gas Shipper that another Gas Supplier will begin to supply the Domestic Customer’s Domestic Premises within a reasonable period of time; and

(b) another Gas Supplier begins to supply the Domestic Customer’s Domestic Premises within a reasonable period of time after the date on which the Notice referred to in sub-paragraph 22D.13(a) is given;
  • Misshooz
    Options
    I'm looking to swap energy providers before BG hit me with a massive bill and bulb come out on top for me. Reading reviews they seem most favourable and then reading that one customer received hotel chocolat chocs as a welcome gift swings it their way! I'm easily bought but I'm willing to give the newbies a shot against the big guns.
  • Tim_Fox
    Tim_Fox Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Hengus,

Does the 20 days also apply for electricity switching (only) or is it just gas? We don't have gas.

Many thanks.
  • paulb2008
    Options
    Hi - I'm thinking of moving to Bulb and have a couple of questions. Does anyone have any experience of charges by Bulb for moving a meter? We're having some building work done soon, and at least one of the meters will need to be moved - I've heard stories of large/hugely variable changes being made by energy companies for this, and wondered what Bulb's approach was?

The second one is whether Bulb do smart meters - we're in the NW, and not many companies seem to be rolling them out in a hurry. I'd quite like one, and wasn't sure what Bulb's plan was here.

Thanks in anticipation - any help appreciated.
  • ruth56_2
    Options
    Bulb are rolling out smart meters from 2018. Sorry cannot answer first question. Have you tried the bulb community forum? May get an accurate answer there.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @jagged pixel
    Please edit your post as it is against MSE Forum rules to post referral links in this forum. You are just spamming the forum.
    It clearly says not to post referrals in the opening post by the MSE staff.
  • Garf
    Garf Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for all the Feedback on here. I have just started my switch to Bulb from British Gas (MSE Collective October 2017)
    "Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"
  • PeakOwl
    PeakOwl Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    I switched from British Gas to Bulb earlier this week and it went perfectly. However, this morning the new 'improved' sign-in is not working. The 'email me a link' button is completely unresponsive. Internet connection is fine and tried to get a link on 2 different devices without success...

Anyone else got the problem?
  • bobstheboy
    Options
    PeakOwl wrote: »
    I switched from British Gas to Bulb earlier this week and it went perfectly. However, this morning the new 'improved' sign-in is not working. The 'email me a link' button is completely unresponsive. Internet connection is fine and tried to get a link on 2 different devices without success...

Anyone else got the problem?

Just worked for me.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport