IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NWCP Car Parks PCN - Over 28 days

Options

Comments

• manutd99
    manutd99 Posts: 482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In mine years back I was done in a "no parking at all, authorised vehicles only" area.

I argued in my (successful) appeal that there is no actual difference between an authorised and unauthorised vehicle, when it comes to loss!!

How does an authorised vehicle cause no loss, but an unauthorised one suddenly causes them loss, a parked vehicle either causes a loss or it does not regardless of permission.
    This proves that unathorised vehicles do not cause loss, and the charge is punative and a penalty and does not arise from any loss!!

Did yours go to court or once you submitted Defence they cancelled charge?

Unsure what my chances are. Will it go to court or not. Unsure
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You can refer to the sign but not attach pics at this stage. I would print off the final page and sign and date it and scan that copy to include as well as the PDF version, to show the court the defence is signed.

misterbarlow is talking about an old case from years ago but arguing 'no loss' is not an option now.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • manutd99
    Options
    Submitted defence this morning. As it was on the last day I rang to enquire and they have advised they have received. They have sent out the Directions Questionnaire.

Is it worth sending an email to the parking company and asking them if they will go to court or not? Could say please find attached my Defence Statement. Appreciate if you can cancel the PCN. Is it worth asking that or just leave as is?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Nope, leave it - in any case, that is too polite and they won't cancel right now. They will get the defence statement from the CCBC and you will later get another chance to push the matter of the defence, in your Witness Statement prior to any hearing. So leave it till a stage where you are responding with paperwork, to a court deadline.

All procedures are explained by bargepole in links in post #2 of the NEWBIES thread.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    manutd99 wrote: »
    Submitted defence this morning. As it was on the last day I rang to enquire and they have advised they have received. They have sent out the Directions Questionnaire.

Is it worth sending an email to the parking company and asking them if they will go to court or not? Could say please find attached my Defence Statement. Appreciate if you can cancel the PCN. Is it worth asking that or just leave as is?

Presumably you have a court date now, and a deadline to file your Witness Statement and evidence?

Did you see this, unless this was your case?

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/nw-car-park-golden-duck-in-first-court.html

:)
  • manutd99
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Presumably you have a court date now, and a deadline to file your Witness Statement and evidence?

Did you see this, unless this was your case?

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/nw-car-park-golden-duck-in-first-court.html

:)

Thanks. Just read. It wasn't my case. I received a letter from the court saying they had struck out the case as they had not submitted any paperwork. Have seen several of these with a same judge (Judge Anson) doing same letter for other cases. Have found copy of letter from parking prankster website (not my letter)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nhzp55x6viq8jkr/struck%20out.jpg?dl=0

They had until a certain date to submit the contract and explanation of how charges arose with statement and signature by end of June. It also said once they have submitted I will be given a chance to submit another defence

They provided the information within a couple of days with statement of truth and signature.

The documents included were pictures of car, letters sent to me asking for payment and copy of contract (post 23) I posted in one of earlier posts.

Their statement was a timeline of events, information and arguments related to my Defence.

Just a couple things I want to point out and want opinions on weather its relevant or not to help my case.

1) The statement of truth has a signature and besides the signature it says (on behalf of NW Car Parks LTD). Name of person who signed is not present. It is dated.

Is this something to go by? Is the name of person a requirement?

2) The contract (post 23) refers to land at the back of church street. There is no reference or outline of this land. The land could be any land.

3) If you check my post where I can posted the contract (post 23) it had 3 pages. Page 3 is clause 7. I have only just noticed page 3 was not included in the pack. I did not notice at the time therefore unsure if it has been mis-placed and have received. Guessing this is crucial. If they have not submitted the full contract and page 3 has not been submitted I presume this could go in my favour unless they bring to court. Please advise what this means to me. I could mention in an amended defence.

I am yet to receive any further correspondence therefore no court date and no correspondence asking for a new defence.

Going by the court case above it seems they will attend court. Yes they lost as they did not submit a witness statement. They will now be prepared so doubt they will make the same mistake again.

Was hoping and still hope it doesn't go to court as playing on my mind too much at present.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Great.

I would write to Judge Anson and ask if the case remains struck out, since:

1) The statement of truth has a signature and besides the signature it says (on behalf of NW Car Parks LTD). Name of person who signed is not presented, so the statement of truth has not been signed by a legal person.

2) The contract refers to land at the back of church street. There is no reference or outline of this land. The land could be any land and there is no evidence of where the car was parked, the vague photos showing no valid information giving rise to a claim in law.

3) It appears they have not submitted the full contract with the landowner.*

* be vague
  • manutd99
    Options
    Great.

I would write to Judge Anson and ask if the case remains struck out, since:

1) The statement of truth has a signature and besides the signature it says (on behalf of NW Car Parks LTD). Name of person who signed is not presented, so the statement of truth has not been signed by a legal person.

2) The contract refers to land at the back of church street. There is no reference or outline of this land. The land could be any land and there is no evidence of where the car was parked, the vague photos showing no valid information giving rise to a claim in law.

3) It appears they have not submitted the full contract with the landowner.*

* be vague

Do I just write a letter as I would write a letter to someone or will need it need to be in a particular/special/legal format?

Do I keep the letter simple as per above? You say vague. shall I write page 2 of the contract refers to clause 7 but I do not see a clause 7 as obviously I'm sure your referring to vague as not mentioning there is a page 3.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Just a normal letter with the claim number at the top and marked for the personal attention of DJ Anson.
    shall I write page 2 of the contract refers to clause 7 but I do not see a clause 7

Yes, that sounds reasonable.
  • manutd99
    Options
    Just a normal letter with the claim number at the top and marked for the personal attention of DJ Anson.

Yes, that sounds reasonable.

Completely forgot to write this letter. Just slipped my mind.

Received a letter from the court. Says the following edited to make it shorter

District Judge Anson has considered the statements of case and directions questionnaire filed and allocated the claim to the small claims track.

Unless the claimant does by 1st Sept pay the court fees (£25) or file a properly completed application (ie one which provides all the required information in the manner requested) the claim will be struck out with effect from 1st September without further order and, unless the court otherwise, you will also be liable for the costs which the defendant has incurred.

The hearing of the claim will take place on 29th September.

Can I still write letter above or have I left it too late? Presume they will pay fees and potentially have to go to court
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure