Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey B_M,

I've checked your Azimo UK claim - we sent you a message to say your claim was on ice and yesterday we sent one to explain it's now off ice and ready to submit.

With the email, you received can you forward me a copy to mse@topcashback.co.uk so I can take a closer look at that?

Many thanks,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hey B_M,

I've checked your Azimo UK claim - we sent you a message to say your claim was on ice and yesterday we sent one to explain it's now off ice and ready to submit.

With the email, you received can you forward me a copy to mse@topcashback.co.uk so I can take a closer look at that?

Many thanks,
    Matt

There shouldn't really be a claim and your guys should have noticed the tracking at £0.00 note.
    But, my ticket stated this-
    I have uplifted the cashback tracked to 0.01 so you will able to lodge a Highest Cashback claim for these now.

Thanks,
    Stella

So, basically, why was my claimed denied?
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,868 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bxboards wrote: »
    Ebay hasn't been tracking since September 20th and you have been displaying a warning.

I know you have said that these will all track when the issue is fixed, but this is going on 3 weeks now. I do not want to have to raise Claims a) as this is a systematic error this should be corrected on our behalf b) some are going back 3 weeks to finding the click record for the purchase will be nigh on impossible.

Can we have an update as to when this will be fixed - as they are supposed to be working "around the clock" with no progress they are either terrible at their jobs, or are more likely by the lack of progress, are actually doing nothing at all? Are we all going to have to raise claims?
    2 of mine from 24 & 25 Sep have now tracked. Still missing some from 2 Oct though.
    Options
    Hey everyone,

@B_M - I've located your support ticket and replied there. Sorry about that, I didn't realise you were talking about a Highest Cashback Guarantee rather than a normal claim :)

@molerat - They are playing catch up at the moment, transactions are tracking back to us now but they will be tracking transactions that are part of the backlog first. It does mean it may take a couple of weeks for your transactions to track at the moment.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • MrChips
    MrChips Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi - I've been using TCB for years and consider myself a relatively experienced user. I've very rarely had tracking issues, and when I have these have typically been resolved through the support ticket system.

I bought my family's summer holiday in early July through Expedia, using a TCB link. The expected cashback amount was around £150, but it never tracked. I submitted a missing cashback claim a few days later, and received a response today to state that TCB has not been identified as the last referral to the merchant’s site and this transaction - cashback declined.

For the sake of a few quid I'd normally let this go, but for £150 this is extremely frustrating. Is there any way this can be investigated further? Naturally I clicked through TCB and only TCB and completed the transaction in one go online.
    If I had a pound for every time I didn't play the lottery...
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    @B_M - I've located your support ticket and replied there. Sorry about that, I didn't realise you were talking about a Highest Cashback Guarantee rather than a normal claim :)

Thanks.
    There is an obvious issue with merchants tracking at £0.00 and trying to submit a HCG.
    BTW, as it tracks at £0.00, how long does Azimo normally take to uplift or even decline please?

@MrChips - I wouldn't touch Expedia or any of their other brands now with a barge-pole via cashback sites. They are well known for their 'issues' (putting it politely).
    Using an immediate point of sale discount code only.
    Even then, they have been known to cancel fully paid bookings with silly, silly reasons (also putting it politely).
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • kc052
    Options
    Good Evening and hope you can help me.
    Have been a topcashback member for many years and would not bother asking for further assistance but the claim is for just over £200. Purchased a TV from Currys on 26/Aug this year and after asking for it to be chased up, have been informed that my claim has been denied as your(topcashback)network has not been identified as the last referral to the merchants site. I only went through your site at the time which was confirmed when I asked for the investigation in September and was well aware at the time to ensure that there was only your site running due to the amount of the claim (10% ). Hope you can help?
  • MrChips
    MrChips Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Update on my Expedia case - I've had confirmation from TCB customer support that Expedia are claiming I clicked through to them directly, not via TCB??

This is in spite of TCB having a record of my clicking through a few minutes prior to the order confirmation.

Can I do anything to progress this?
    If I had a pound for every time I didn't play the lottery...
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    MrChips wrote: »
    Update on my Expedia case - I've had confirmation from TCB customer support that Expedia are claiming I clicked through to them directly, not via TCB??

This is in spite of TCB having a record of my clicking through a few minutes prior to the order confirmation.

Can I do anything to progress this?

You could give them a call and / or try Resolver.

https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/expedia-co-uk-complaints/contact-details

There will be a definite electronic trace to your purchase and easily traceable. This will show origin, time and date.

Best wishes, but this is Expedia!
    Options
    Hi everyone,

@MrChips – I am afraid when we’re not related back as the last referrer someone else’s cookie or a voucher code has got in the way and they will be paid. There’s nothing we can do to convince the tracking network otherwise. As much as we’d like to help you further, unfortunately, this is not something we can do.

@B_M – I wouldn’t say it’s an issue so to speak. It its something that perhaps we can change in the future but the reason your highest cashback claim was declined was due to these not being allowed for transactions that track at £0. We will still award the higher rate, this just needs to be done via customer support.

@kc052 – I do understand where your coming from an understand it’s frustrating. The issue is another cookie has been identified as the people who should be paid the commission. The cookie could have been added before clicking through us or it could have happened while you were on the merchant’s site (such as if you took part in a special promotion there).

Best wishes,
    Matt
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback