Can't keep burying my head in the sand!

Options

Comments

• quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 September 2017 at 11:27AM
    Options
    ok that's depressing I am slightly worse off! my total stands at £27754! which means I've added £74 to my debt. However I'm paying £400 off on tue. Sep totals should be better. Considering my car ended up costing nearly £1k and we did school uniforms I'm not too annoyed.

Total end august

£1242/£28996
    4.2% paid

Goals for Sep

Don't add any more to your debt!!!!!!
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • redofromstart
    Options
    I think that's something to be proud of, considering the car bill. If you hadn't been focussing then actually it would have gone up at least £1k.
  • quintwins
    Options
    I think that's something to be proud of, considering the car bill. If you hadn't been focussing then actually it would have gone up at least £1k.

Yeah I guess your right and it needed done. We still have one other thing that needs done to the car which will cost around £300 but it can wait a month or 2.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Options
    HI folks, I think I might be the worst person at keeping a dairy. I did post last time about not feeling to well and I'm still not well and we have been trying to randomly treat things but no one really knows why I keep being sick. This has meant that debt busting has been low down my list and I'd have felt bit of a fraud posting. But I'm feeling a bit better and I'm hoping to make some headway before the big fat guy in the suit visits.

Unfortunately that's easier said than done as right now we have no heating and I've just ran out of coal/logs so straight off the bat I'm spending money! I also have 2 of the kids birthdays next month and I am going to have to start gather up Santa presents. Even doing these on a shoe string is still spending money I don't have!

Anyway I wanted to do an end of month update, bear in mind I have been unwell tho so it"s not great :(

Outstanding debt 30th oct= £27733/£28996

Total paid to date £1263

So I've added £50 to my debt.

I can see NOV being a tight month and one of my bigger credit cards will start adding interest now this month swell as the few smaller ones that I've had to pay interest on so I'm going to aim for £300 paid off this month.

I really feel like I did so well that first month and now I can't seem to get any further with it.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Options
    Also slight vent, I've had a few of my credit limited upped this month. One being my Barclays card which is great because they keep offering new 0% deals. But another was my vanquis card which considering I phoned them awhile ago and said I was struggling seems like bad practice to me? Anyway I'm not taking that increase.

Paypal has also offered me an increase. I"m hoping this implies I should be able to get a 0% card when I have the 2 I'm trying to pay off now closed. I'm already paying way more than I'm happy with in interest :(
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Happierdays
    Options
    Aw keep going quintwins... this journey is definitely up and down for most of us I am sure! when things slip(and sometimes it happens despite best efforts!) I think the main thing is to get back on the horse (as you have done by coming back on here!) Try to remember how well you DID do the first month and you CAN/WILL do well again! All the best :)
  • DrSpendLittle
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • quintwins
    edited 31 October 2017 at 12:40PM
    Options
    Thank you.

Sometimes health, life and kids gets in the way and I know that I just feel bit stuck. I don't think I'll make much more than the basic payments between now and Christmas which should still see the totals come down abit but with interest it's not going to make a huge impact.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    edited 11 September 2019 at 7:59PM
    Options
    So I'm back again. I"m still very unwell unfortunately and that's not likely to ever change so I can't let that stop me sorting myself out. I have a new total and it's higher than before but I do also have a holiday booked for next year:eek: given how much we have already paid and the fact it will likely be our last one for a few years we have decided to go ahead and go, we will be on a tight cash only budget when we go.

My outgoing are pretty much my whole income at the moment and we are working on cutting stuff but there isn't much give is it's going to be all small things until a few finance agreements end and my tax credits go back up (I was working for a few months and now that I've stopped my income is still down £50 a week tax credits and we lost our free school meals and uniforms, so with £200 a month less and 4 pack lunches needed a day it has left us extremely short until April) On the plus side come April we will be £200 a ,month better off and then in July we will be £275 better off and then in September we should get free school meals again.

September goals

£150 on groceries.
    Have 15 NSD (4 so far)
    Pay £100 over the minimum payments on credit cards.
    Save £100 towards an emergency fund.
    Cook every day, only have a cheap takeaway on the last weekend of the month if I cook every other day.
    Don't use the tumble drier.
    STOP USING MY CREDITCARDS!
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Options
    Morning. I still have kids home sick so today will be NSD 5 for me. about to hang out a load of washing. dinner is burgers from the freezer, mash and beans.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family