PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2017 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Options

Comments

• Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well,it is over a week since I have been on this thread,and boy,have I lost my mojo :(.
    Sunday is my day to myself,to clean/declutter the house.I was away last weekend,so nothing got done.This week has been youngest daughter's birthday (now 8yo),so busy with that,and there is now more stuff in the house :o.
    Today,I really haven't been able to get motivated.
    Over the weeks, I have been getting sick of looking at the mountain of boxes in my front room,so today I have moved most of it back up to the loft,which I am also trying to declutter :eek::(tear.gif.Some of it was boxes of stuff that I had sorted to keep (so would be stored in the loft anyway),but others were the bits you find at the end of the declutter,and really don't know what to do with.Decisions for another day.And loft now refilled!
    Someone please give me a kick up the butt :o.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 January 2017 at 10:32PM
    Options
    somerandom wrote: »
    113-115 3x more rotting shelves to bin
    116. toy hovercraft - CS

117. Leather lacing - used to repair hamper
    118. dead headphones
    119. lipstick that I never use
    120. dead hanger
    121. Jar full of congealed sugar
    122. crystal - CS
    123. Writing set to friend
    124. dead kitchen bin
    125. OOD business cards - recycling
    126. selfie stick - CS
    127. Novel - CS
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • kscour
    kscour Posts: 665 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well,it is over a week since I have been on this thread,and boy,have I lost my mojo :(.
    Sunday is my day to myself,to clean/declutter the house.I was away last weekend,so nothing got done.This week has been youngest daughter's birthday (now 8yo),so busy with that,and there is now more stuff in the house :o.
    Today,I really haven't been able to get motivated.
    Over the weeks, I have been getting sick of looking at the mountain of boxes in my front room,so today I have moved most of it back up to the loft,which I am also trying to declutter :eek::(tear.gif.Some of it was boxes of stuff that I had sorted to keep (so would be stored in the loft anyway),but others were the bits you find at the end of the declutter,and really don't know what to do with.Decisions for another day.And loft now refilled!
    Someone please give me a kick up the butt :o.

baby steps Saver-upper!!! Any chance you could just pull down one box at a time? And don't be so hard on yourself it's all about what leaves the house not what stays in after all. So no kick up the butt from me just a well done for everything you've already achieved :T:T:T
  • Saver-upper
    Options
    kscour wrote: »
    baby steps Saver-upper!!! Any chance you could just pull down one box at a time? And don't be so hard on yourself it's all about what leaves the house not what stays in after all. So no kick up the butt from me just a well done for everything you've already achieved :T:T:T

Aww,thank you kscour,that is so kind of you.I am at a bit of a loss tonight.OH went out with kids from about noon til about 9.30pm.In that time,I would normally blitzt the (large) kitchen from top to bottom,do a few loads of washing (though have spread that over weekend,so no problem),dust and vac throughout,and declutter stuff.Today I have washed,hung washing,and put front room mountain of stuff in the loft or other hidey-holes :o.And that's it :eek:.
    I think I will do as you suggest-one box at a time.Thank you for the pep-talk hugs.gif.

• WJN222
    WJN222 Posts: 202 Forumite
    Options
    morning all, just baby steps for me this weekend
    31: finished candle - bin
    32: shoes - CS
    33-35: samples from decorating - recycled/bin
    36-37: two lots of (very) out of date cans - bin
    walk 2018 miles in 2018 - 781 of 2018
    Save £5 for every PR: 10 of 35
  • kscour
    kscour Posts: 665 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    317 - 334 old medicine, bottles etc from bathroom
  • babes21
    babes21 Posts: 1,665 Forumite
    Options
    Hubby went to the tip today and got rid of a car load of rubbish!!

Cleaning products and the food cupboard are next on the list, which shouldn't take too long.
  • Saver-upper
    edited 31 January 2017 at 12:52AM
    Options
    Feeling much more positive today :j.
    Did a lovely satisfying decluttering job as part of my work this morning,so once I got back home,I was inspired to tackle the loft again.
    Out of the house today:
    205-210:assorted bath toys,donated to school's nursery for water-play

Have also set aside some stuff to go to charity,which I will list when it leaves the house.

When I was in the loft a few weeks ago,I noted the amount of shoe boxes up there.Not that I buy alot of shoes (live in trainers,myself,and own one pair of "dress up" shoes.But over the years,buying shoes for 4 kids,boxes have addded up.).Part of the decluttering for work this morning included getting rid of many shoe boxes.I suggested she donate to our school's nursery.SO when we went to collect kids from school,she took them.I came along a few minutes later with the bath toys to donate,asked if they could use more shoe boxes,because I didn't want to donate if it was just going to clutter up their space.No,I was assured,between the 3 reception classes and nursery,they would be used.

So tonight I decluttered shoe boxes from the loft.They are in the car already,so I will count them now:

119-126:8 shoe boxes to go to nursery tomorrow
    127-130:4 assorted boxes recycled (too crushed to use)

Spending a bit of time in the loft tonight,I have re-arranged a few precariously balanced boxes so they take less space,are less likely to avalanche,and it means it is easier to get through to the end of the loft furthest from the hatch.I also means that the mountain of boxes is short enough that the loft light can actually make a difference when it is turned on :rotfl:.

• gemmajenkins0208
    gemmajenkins0208 Posts: 530 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 31 January 2017 at 10:47AM
    Options
    Forgot to post about it but I went through my wardrobe and the area around it again.

Moved the canvas storage box of my keepsakes into my weekend bag. The bag only had a few summer clothes in it(shorts, sandals etc) which are now in a smaller bag thus taking up less space. This has now freed up the storage box which has ended up on the sell pile.

Next to my wardrobe on the floor I had a tub of haircare things and a tub of skincare things and then another larger tub with shower gels and any duplicate products. The haircare tub is now on a shelf on the left hand side of my desk and the skincare tub is in a drawer on the right hand side. The larger tub of duplicates is still next to the wardrobe but I hope to use that stuff up so that I won't need that tub any more.

Sorted through my makeup brushes and threw out a small few that were dirty from when I had used them but that was the only time I had used them and I decided I didn't like them. They were all kabuki brushes of some form and I just can't get the whole holding so close to your face and swirling around - my hand starts to hurt too quickly :rotfl:

So now I just have traditional brushes which you hold normally, a little way down the handle and do normal stroking movements and such :o

Got this small tray in front of my vanity mirror on the desk and it has a few makeup tools on it, some jewellery and I've placed a hand and nail cream, a cuticle oil and a facial hydro mist on it to try and use them up :o

And as for the actual wardrobe itself - found a load of clothes I'm never going to wear(again). Workout clothes I bought just after Christmas, jeans that are too loose(that can only be a good thing! :rotfl: ) and tops I just don't like any more. All of this has been put on the sell pile. :D

So quite a few things left the wardrobe and one thing went in - my Superdry body warmer as it was getting flattened behind a plethora of other coats on the coat hooks downstairs :o
  • Fruittea
    Fruittea Posts: 956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    30 items of stationery - freegled
    Please with that - so I'm declaring 396 items for the month and will change my signature to show it.
    Well done everyone. Things are looking great.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure