The Ultimate February Challenge

Options

Comments

• Ninno820
    Ninno820 Posts: 765 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all - strictly was fab - its lovely to forget the grey dismal day with some glitz and glamour. I also managed to restrict today's spending to £12.71 plus £40.04 (aiming for £40!) so its a minor plus.

Oompa loompa - I use SW because I know that I need to answer to someone. However I have found a host of workouts on you tube - I am focussing on walking first but refuse to buya DVd that i will use once and then will gather dust!

I agree with adpoints o. l. - slow is not the word!

However I am now home and in the warm - its the remains of a Thai green curry for tea and I must remmebr to defrost something for lunch tomorrow. I have taken to buying a pack of plastic posts plus lids from Poundland and filling them with remains of dinner to make a "lunch pot". Tomorrow is liver and bacon casserole with mashed potato.

Keep going everyone - I only have one item with a bid that finishes tonight - and thats for £1.99 so not expecting much. xx
    44 day challenge

1. Pay £650 off overdraft (£ 288/ £650)
    2. Lose 12 lbs (4.5/ 12)
    3. Use YNAB everyday (6/44)
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Oh good grief the weekend is over already! Sorry about being AWOL for so long. It has been hectic with a capital H. I have ultimatly been making use of the NO-insertion fee on FLEA-bay and have lilsted as much tat as possible.. I think I am hitting the £250 at the moment but shall update properly tomorrow.

Right now I am up early again tomorrow, there is snow on the ground, a wasted £69 on a week of travel ( cheaper than daily and sods law says we get drifts of the stuff if I buy a daily ticket tomorrow ) so at least I can take my book on the train...

Bringing in more money than spending so I am chuffed with myself...;-).. However I will update more tomorrow as I want to list a few more things before the day is out...

Love and hugs... keep pushing ONwards and UPwards!!!!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • rosiecheeksblossom
    Options
    Evening all.
    I have to agree Walking is good for weightloss, I started walking and WW last feb and lost 2 stone in 5 months, and have kept it off. Although while the weather has been pants, i have to admit Ive not been out much, but am still keeping the weight off. Looking forward to the better weather so I can get out more and also helps with the old grey matter....
    Had a little sale on fleaby:), and will get some more bits on. Could of done with being on an early shift rather than a late today to get this sorted and watch the rugby, only saw about 5 mins:(.

Just wondering, what are people's thoughts on water meters??? Thinking of getting one as live alone in a 2 bed terrace. Current monthly DD is £23.79...

Off to my bed, night night xx
    Halifax CC All paid Mort £7669.99,Car loan 31 months to go
    Food 99.25/100 Petrol 133.12/150 presents 59.12/80 going out 73.75/150 toiletries 4.50/5 other 179.07/100 money made 480 SFD 11/20
  • Gretchen2012
    Options
    Gretchen - ( please tell me this is your real name I LOVE IT ).. you got me thinking there about petrol. My £150 for the month is EXcluding petrol which would take my total up to £350... I am loathed to pay this much for travel but have no choice. Even if I move it won't make any difference....Grr!

NSK I really wish it was my name. I heard it on one of those real housewife programs they have on in the afternoon so thought I would pinch it lol.

I can't believe how absent I have been but I'm trying very hard to stick to my budget. I haven't had as many SFD's this week as I would have liked but hopefully will make it up this week.

Have had a big sort out in the house this weekend and have a mountain of stuff to e-bay. It will probably take me a month to list it lol.

Going to update sig with details and go to bed. Didn't realise what time it was as have been catching up on here.

Note to self - Check in everyday :)

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!!
    TOTAL DEBT - £10866.22/£450.06 PAID O/S £10416.16
    CC - £174.69 - The rest is a family loan and other debts which are 0%
    August Grocery Challenge - £0.00/£250.00

• PurpleJay
    Options
    Good morning :)

A sprinkle of snow here today but nothing major. How about where you are? Grechen - I hope you got some sleep!

We were woke rather unpleasantly by the cat knocking a vase of the bedroom windowsill! By some miracle it didn't break. She has a thing about going behind the roman blind to look out of the window which obviously pushes it out and knocks things off the little blighter. She does it sometimes with the venetians in the lounge but less so now she has learned how to stick her head through the slats :D!!!

Ok, confession time... I bought a handbag. It is a new one from Debenhams and was 50% off and cheaper than the Radley ones I was looking at on Ebay (I have a thing about Radley). I also ordered a top which was about 70% off. Postage was free and I used Quidco and if I don't like them I can return them to the shop... I can't wait for them to arrive :D

It goes on... I also had a bit of a moment on Ebay and bought some grey cardi Ugg boots for £30 which it says have been worn twice. I have some black with gold threaded through - nicer than they sound and I love them. Soooo comfy. I have been after some in another colour for ages :) I also bought some jeans, black work trousers and a jacket which were all only 99p each (plus postage). I have used money in my paypal account to pay for these. Phew, confessions over.

I have made £12.20 on ebay this week. Not much but a bit more tat gone so it is all good. Hubby did good again with his bits and bobs.

Today I am going to reassess my bank accounts and see how that is going. I need to account for my Debenhams purchases - I have some money left in my clothing pot - about £20, which with the £16 found when I cleared out my handbags last week and the money I will get back from the Tesco returns which were not suitable, another £20 (I think) should just about cover it. I will report back.

This is all good though because a few months back, I would have just bought one without thinking how I was going to pay for it!

Had a nice day at home yesterday. We ate all our meals at the table and M didn't complain. He is often begging to eat in front of the TV but we are trying to cut this down and eat at the table more so we can chat. In fact, I don't think he watched any TV yesterday. We played some games and he did his homework and played on the ipad. He and hubby put the bed up in the spare room now the old one has been freecycle. He loves to help his dad :)

Last night, hubby and I watched The Hunger Games. It was good but I thought the book was much better. I loved all three books. They have toned down the film to get the 12 certificate. There is so much more detail though in the book too. Hubby said it was ok but a bit predictable. He hasn't read the books.

Righty oh, off to make another cuppa and then iron M's clothes for school. He is being picked up by a friend tonight as hubby will be at uni. I shall be so pleased when I can drive again. My knee feels loads better so I am hoping the Dr will have positive things to say on Wednesday when I go.

Today should be a SFD!
    'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'
  • thriftylass
    Options
    Good morning,

had a quiet weekend but got not much sleep as the wee one decided to wake up loads and early. But then he also got quite a bit of a cough, bless.

Listed another 19 items on ebay yesterday, so we'll see. I wouldn't buy any of it but then strange things happen on ebay.

I think I have to revise my budget. Although I've not been naughty I'm already over (food is still ok) as I chipped in some petrol money and other essentials a few times.

Got another next voucher for an early birthday present and found an M&S and a Spa voucher (also sell toiletries) that run out this month. So on my day off (Friday) I might go voucher shopping. Next for me, M&S probably food and the Spa voucher maybe presents/stocking fillers.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone, Just got back from taking DD1's dog a long walk and Im worn out:D I definitely need more exercise :rotfl:

Have DGD and dog for the next few days as DD1 and OH are having a few days up in York - quality time - always glad to help if Im off work, love having them (in short bursts:)) but they do wear me out:)

DD1 has given me £20 to go towards fuel as I live about 13-15 miles from DGD school, I dont think I will use that much so I will put some towards treats for her, so when I call in the shop I wont be calling it a spend day as its not my money - if thats OK with everyone?;)

Anyway onwards and upwards, I have an apple pie to make and some muffins before I pick DGD up so better get a move on, see you later
    Jxx
    PS I have started a chicken fund, so I may be able to afford a chouse in about 2 years:rotfl:I may even have a look on freecycle you never know
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• PurpleJay
    PurpleJay Posts: 526 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 February 2013 at 1:25PM
    Options
    Yay, overpayment on mortgage set up. Finally! It's only £25 per month but it all has to help. I hope to be able to overpay more but got to get my savings back up a bit first in case of emergency :)

Rosie - we have a water meter and pay £29.94 per month. We are a 2 adult, 1 child household. We live in a 4 bed detatched so we probably save a fortune by being on a meter. Not sure how you would fare on a meter but you might save a bit. Is there a cost involved though in having one put in? Someone else may be able to advise better.
    'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Hi all

Just been having a look at how I am doing. I am allowing £30 a week for odd bits of spending and spent £29.17 last week including £11 for a new bathroom door handle as the old one broke and resulted in DS1 being locked in there shouting for help for ages before we heard him!

I have managed 6 SFDs too so quite happy with that. I suspect that once the kids are on hols next week this will go pear shaped.

Sounds like everyone is really thinking before spending which is good. PJ hope the new bag is lovely! I wanted to wear a skirt last week and realised I had no tights so had to buy some but have got a Christmas voucher left which just about covered it.

On the downside its freezing here. Have given in and put the heating on and I am still cold!!! Hope it warms up soon.
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Good Afternoon all.. I have a little down time to confess at work and tell you all I stupidly went to Tescos the other night whilst hungry. What did I buy - rubbish thats what. Including milk, via the fresh pastry chocolate eclair aisle, frozen apple crumble ( currently munching now ) and other carp that added to £12.. that means I have very little until the end of the month although lots in the freezer.... **naughty me**.. I shall eb steering well clear from now I think...

I have made about £247 on eBay though.. and counting! Much more to spend and I am willing myself to get that £379 for my hotel without dipping into my wages!!!

Snowfall was substantial last night and was still coming down when I left the house. £69 for 7 days of travel - at least I can read my book I guess. Another night shift on Saturday night though so fingers crossed that I am able to get the bike out as public transport will take me a good 2.5 hours.. boo hiss!!

Hope you all aren't freezing and starving yourselves.. well done to those hitting over-payments on mortgages.. this is superb and just very MSE of you!!

I am still on the hunt for a new home. A girlfriend whom I may move in with is starting to panic and sent me on a wild goose chase to view a grubby little two bed yesterday with miniscule kitchen space and a tiny living area. All this in the pouring rain, I came home drenched and annoyed at her panicky nature. I ALWAYS manage to find somewhere so might look to do this on my own as she is apparently looking for a flat by herself as well... hmmmm your either in or you aren't I say!!!

I have not over-paid on anything this month as I am desperate now to raise money for my holidays.. and moving... I am re-calculating everything as I have it in my head that I would like to be in Australia on my next birthday via a few weeks travel around the world..? This will no doubt take a lot of money so I am thinking and re-thinking my plans!!!

I will keep you all posted...; -)

Onwards and Upwards!!!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure