The Ultimate February Challenge

Options

Comments

• NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    MORNING!!!!

I love reading all these updates from you all! Yes we are now just over 1/4 of the way there and I am doing ok. I have spent a little more than expected by now but my food budget is on track and I have nothing that I need to get in over the weekend. means I can stretch things into next week EASILY!!! :T

I realized the office I have been covering for this week have been a little cheeky. Offering 12 hours ( meaning 4 is overtime ) and not actually producing anything .. on one occasion sending me home at 1300. Which isn't bad but I couldn't go home as I had a meeting elsewhere at 1900. So wandering in London like a plum...

So I have ultimately killed myself this week getting up at 0400 everyday and effectively earned nothing, now a little ill with a cough as a result and nearly fell asleep at traffic lights yesterday on the way home. So no more. I am sticking to my weekend work for OT instead - which is a night shift tomorrow with Sunday off..

Been eBaying like a loon - I urge those who have never tried it to have a go. I have made £204 now since last week and am aiming for another £100 by the end of next! I am more determined about this than anything now...:T...been looking at my hotel... in Lake Garda in Northern Italy.. hasn't got a pool but is the prettiest of hotels in the area, with a nice garden, superb reviews and close to the rail station. Suits me fine..!!! However I am now thinking I want a real venetian mask and am eBaying for ideas.. best getting selling first I think!!!

My weekend shall be a festival of eBaying the following... ( need to list this to keep me on track otherwise I will faff about and waste time...NEVER good )..
    1. Black Fiorelli bag
    2. Loblan Cowboy Boots
    3. Unique wrap jacket.
    4. Novelty Apron ( Don't ask )
    5. Macaroon & Baking Book Bundle
    6. Tunics From Afghanisatn ( Present from ex )
    7. "Me to You" Bear ( Present from ex )
    8. Chunky Cardigan from River Island (possibly)
    9. Mini Deep Fat Fryer ( Weird I know but I'll never use it )
    10. Weleda Organic Skincare Sets
    11. Club-bells ( Present from ex - never used )
    12. To be decided.
    So we shall see where this goes.. I shall mark them off as I go along.. this is the best way to keep me on track - by confessing to you lot!!! :):):)

Right I have to move desks - AGAIN - and shall be getting home at a decent hour today.. hope everyone is happy and safe ( thank you for all your kings words by the way ) as we started the WEEKEND! WHOOP!

Onwards and Upwards..
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • poodlegal
    poodlegal Posts: 152 Forumite
    Options
    Haha thats it must get ebaying! There must be something worth selling in this house surely! I think i'll methodiacally work from room to room unearthing junk as I go. Last month I listed 12 books and only 1 sold (for 99p plus postage:mad:) so I dont think i'll repeat that mistake, I suppose smallish, lightish stuff is best.

Wish you could sell dog poo i'd be a millionaire :rotfl:

I have decided I need to become more dynamic- i'm generally proactive but I think a little thinking out of the box is needed. Been paying for advertising my business but I have set up a (free) Facebook page and i'm going to ask my existing customers to fill in a questionairre about what they like/dislike about my services and also to see if I can get reccommendations off them so I can put them on my website etc. All thats pretty much free advertising.

Sorry that was just a brain dump but it needed to come out!

So todays jobs-
    1. Scour the living room for ebay treasures (junk)
    2. Devise and print off questionairre.

Hugs to those who are not feeling dynamic that was me a couple of days ago!
  • PurpleJay
    PurpleJay Posts: 526 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have had a lovely day today. 2 friends have been round, one at 10.30 and one at 12.00 for coffee and cake. My coffee and walnut buns and plain buns with chocolate icing went down well. Just had a sandwich as I had no lunch what with all the cake :D

Hubby just been to post some eBay sales and now gone to pick up M who will be briefly back for tea and then off again to the school disco! He is 6!

Hubby did well with the auctions this week. 2 pallets of misc items bought for less than £60 included a kiddy guard brand new in packaging which sold almost instantly for £90 on eBay :) anything else is a bonus!

Another SFD today for me and yesterday too, I think that is 5 in total. Tea yesterday was quorn sausage, onion mash, froz roast potatoes and froz broccoli with gravy. Tonight will be pasta with a few mushrooms, courgette, tinned tomatoes, garlic, onion and pesto. Tomorrow, I am planning curry. I have everything in :) I am more or less sticking to my meal plan and it is going well.

Still not set up my overpayment. Wondering whether to do an extra £50 which I should be able to manage. I have put my Avon personal online brochure on Facebook (my own page and my slimming world group) which will hopefully generate a new customer or two. A friend has also asked if her sister in law can buy from me. Yes, please!

More later, off to make pasta sauce xx
    'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone, Ive had a spend day today - trying to keep spending to Fridays - and Ive only got £17.04 left:eek:and we still have 3 weeks left or another two spending days for me, so I hope I can do it, if not the £10 treat money may just mean my treat is food:(

Its gone really cold here and Ive put the heating on low, Im having my DGD to stay overnight - shes 8yrs - and Im airing her bedroom. Shes a good girl usually and no bother, my DD1 her mum, is working tomorrow am, so we have a bit of us time together:)

Anyway off feed Rosie and get tea ready
    Jxx
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen
    April - nothing
    May - 
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Ninno820 wrote: »
    Does anyone else look forward to the cc bills coming through. I am seeing a difference in totals / payments and love how my spreadsheet changes.

Me too! Bit of a change from the dark days when I felt sick and scared as I opened the envelopes.

Everything at went wrong with work today so instead of working until 12 I was still plugging away at the spreadsheets until 3pm. Felt a bit awful because my poorly DS slept until 1.30pm - I normally get him up before lunchtime! I have to juggle my little part time job with being a carer and I have learned not to be too hard on myself if it doesnt all go according to plan.

Right got to go, making spag bol for tea and everyone needs feeding early because its footie training tonight.
  • Ninno820
    Ninno820 Posts: 765 Forumite
    Options
    MORNING!!!!

...been looking at my hotel... in Lake Garda in Northern Italy.. hasn't got a pool but is the prettiest of hotels in the area, with a nice garden, superb reviews and close to the rail station. Suits me fine..!!! However I am now thinking I want a real venetian mask and am eBaying for ideas.. best getting selling first I think!!!

Hi Kat - I went to verona for my 50th three years ago and we spent a day at Lake Garda - its stunning and the ice creams mmmmmmmmmmm. The train was very reasonably priced and only 10 mins from verona. A second day we took the train to venice - it was jsut an hours journey - so this is a very round about way of saying - go to venice and get an authentic mask. The travel is easy, low cost and the view as you walk out of venice's train station just takes your breath away - enjoy!!

Back to the day job. Its the weekend :j:j:j:jand its been sfd number 4

Financially things are getting tight but I should have enough to get some petrol on sunday to travel to a pre booked strictly come dancing - yay! Tonight I am making a green chiili thai curry and pading out the two chilcken breasts to hopefully four portions. Tomorrow I will aim to list some more items on ebay - I'm not sure how Kat is doing so well but I am working on the slow but sure principle!

Keep posting everyone - this is keeping me going.xx
    44 day challenge

1. Pay £650 off overdraft (£ 288/ £650)
    2. Lose 12 lbs (4.5/ 12)
    3. Use YNAB everyday (6/44)
  • PurpleJay
    PurpleJay Posts: 526 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Kat

I have to second what Ninno820 says about going to Venice. It is my favourite city in the whole world. It is amazing. When you walk out of the train station it is like walking onto a film set! I have been a few times now. last time we went was about 3 years ago. We took M once I thought he was big enough not to fall in the canal :) We went in Feb and it was nice enough to eat outside with a jumper on. I have usually gone March time so out of season and not to busy. The first time we went to Venice was March. we flew to Verona Brecia and had a few days in Pesciera del Ggarda which is the south end of Lake Garda and visited Verona from there. We then went by train to venice for a few days. All good. I love Italy. I am quite jealous. When do you go? xx
    'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 9 February 2013 at 9:28PM
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!

Sorry I've been absent all week... have been working hard and just switched off when I got home most nights... Got in a day's overtime too as still loads on at work... looking forward to a restful two days!!!

Today = SFD number 5

I have updated my signature to reflect spending to date... All this talk of cheese, potato and onion bakes and egg fried rice is making me hungry too. Suddenly my frozen stew seems wholly unappealing!!! Will rifle through the cupboard and see if I can rustle one up! YUM!

Have masses of food in so planning on a spend free weekend.
    Have a great few days everyone!!!

:D
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • poodlegal
    poodlegal Posts: 152 Forumite
    Options
    Was wondering where you'd got to Abundant!
  • candylucy
    candylucy Posts: 125 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All - delurking to say you're doing a fab job! I'm going to cheerlead this month and join in with you in March if that's ok x
    January grocery challenge £96.46/£100
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport