Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone?

Options

Comments

• ex-dmp
    ex-dmp Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    Interesting read through this thread. Came across this thread after doing a search to find out more about Yodel after speaking to one of their call centres about becoming a self employed courier which was a result of getting a leaflet from my OH which she got with her (large) catalogue delivery, which was on time BTW.

Supposed to contacted in 2-3 weeks from a "manager", if I get offered the work and/or its worth doing, I'll decide then whether to do or not.

As a past user of various delivery companies for sending stuff out from various customer sites, I could tell you horror stories with any one of the main companies, even UPS.

The root cause of all this is, as we all know is ..... pay peanuts, you get monkeys :)
  • Beastface
    Options
    I had an interesting experience yesterday with Yodel! Ordered a £350 LED TV for the spare room from BHS and had the guy turn up, hand over the TV, wish me a good evening and wander off with not a hint of a signature or confirmation that I had received the TV.

If I were not of such an honest nature I could quite easily be sitting here with 2 TVs now!
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Beastface wrote: »
    I had an interesting experience yesterday with Yodel! Ordered a £350 LED TV for the spare room from BHS and had the guy turn up, hand over the TV, wish me a good evening and wander off with not a hint of a signature or confirmation that I had received the TV.

If I were not of such an honest nature I could quite easily be sitting here with 2 TVs now!

that would depend on the contract stipulation with BHS
  • ex-dmp
    ex-dmp Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    that would depend on the contract stipulation with BHS

I was thinking that, you beat me to it.

I awaiting some kit from BT to be delivered tomorrow. On the order with BT it states, don't worry about staying in the receive it, a signature is not required and will be left somewhere safe!
  • custardy
    Options
    ex-dmp wrote: »
    I was thinking that, you beat me to it.

I awaiting some kit from BT to be delivered tomorrow. On the order with BT it states, don't worry about staying in the receive it, a signature is not required and will be left somewhere safe!

that will be Royal Mail Tracked.
    BT has a contract with RM using that service.
    items are marked as "can be left safe,with neighbours etc"
    although its not always possible
  • Leedsok
    Options
    The royal mail, genius. I spotted a postman one day leaving a parcel in the a 'safe place', the person's bush. What if it rains? You have to request a safe place with the Royal Mail, they shouldn't just put it somewhere that they think is safe. I'd love to know how many failed delivery cards a postman puts through people's doors in a week. I bet 90% of them are collected by the person.
  • ThumbRemote
    Options
    Leedsok wrote: »
    I spotted a postman one day leaving a parcel in the a 'safe place', the person's bush.

Oo-er, now that is above and beyond the call of duty :D
  • username
    Options
    I've never had any major problems with Yodel thus far (touch wood). I ordered some stuff from Dabs who (now they've been swallowed up by BT) use Yodel as one of their couriers.

Was a bit surprised that they didn't want a signature for my motherboard, but it does get registered as delivered on their system. I guess that's what their little handheld PC thing they have with them is for.

I never seem to have any major problems with the couriers in my area. Apart from 'Special Mail Services' - but they're a completely different kettle of fish.
  • custardy
    Options
    Leedsok wrote: »
    The royal mail, genius. I spotted a postman one day leaving a parcel in the a 'safe place', the person's bush. What if it rains? You have to request a safe place with the Royal Mail, they shouldn't just put it somewhere that they think is safe. I'd love to know how many failed delivery cards a postman puts through people's doors in a week. I bet 90% of them are collected by the person.

no. tracked allows a customer to state on the address label where to leave the item
    And 90% is a laughable figure
    At 90% the DOs would be overflowing in days
  • Leedsok
    Options
    I actually wrote that 90% of carded deliveries are collected, NOT 90% of deliveries are carded. Can you argue with that?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure