The Fabulous February NSD Challenge!

Options

Comments

• squanderscouse
    Options
    Can only declare 2 NSDs so far. :(

Keeping fingers crossed that I get number 3 today - looking hopeful as brought own lunch to work - need to not give in to chocolate temptation though!!!!
    Bank Loan 8839/3761.16 Barclaycard4500/£1949.33 Overdraft 2000 /0
    Littlewoods 7000/107.68

July NSDs 14/15
  • ceb1995
    ceb1995 Posts: 388 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I know it's a bit late in the month, but may I join you?
    I'm generally okay with most parts of my spending but since we moved out of the city centre, i've been making too many little spends on lunches at work and other things since we dont live near a l*dl or a*di anymore it means using a more expensive Mr T express for any of the bits we run out of or that i forgot to put on our fornightly food shopping delivery (we don't have a car).
    So hopefully setting myself an NSD goal would make myself more accountable and thing more about those little spends, every penny counts after all.
    I think to start with I wont count any direct debits (syncing them just isnt doable as things are) or any wedding spending but will count everything else.
    So far this month I've only had two NSD, but I think I'll aim for ten this month and try to increase on that in march.
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Today was also not a NSD as we needed milk. I bought a B I G milk so hopefully I can clock up a few NSDs over the next few days.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • SkintTeacher
    Options
    5 today - no way I'll get 20 this month but may try for 15 instead! :A:A
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    You can be arrested for being in possession of an offensive lunch, you know. Or has Igor managed to bribe Inspector Swindle of the Yard to turn a blind eye?

Oooo,anyone would think that you didn't like the poor man.....after all the meals he's lovingly prepared,including tonight's dinner btw.

What's he done to deserve this,mmm?

'whispers' I am getting a bit tired of his vindaloo sprouts curry with anchovy infused rice...there's only so much vindaloo anything my poor insides can cope with.

I believe that our dear friend Inspector Swindle is still on sick leave,following a nasty case of food poisoning.
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    Florence_J wrote: »
    Hello, I know it is 8 days in but can I join?

I keep a comprehensive note of my spending and today (unless anything changes) is my 5th NSD of February.

I would like to aim for:

12 NSDs in Total

and

3 in a row

I don't count direct debits leaving my account, but I count everything else.
    Hello World!
    I'm new here, and would love to belatedly join you for the February Challenge!
    Was psyching myself up to doing something similar alone, but it'll be much more fun with you guys! My aim is not to spend Mon-Thurs. I'll be doing my weekly groceries - and cutting myself some slack - at the weekends. So that makes 12 NSDs, please.
    Thanks,
    We can do this!
    ceb1995 wrote: »
    I know it's a bit late in the month, but may I join you?
    I'm generally okay with most parts of my spending but since we moved out of the city centre, i've been making too many little spends on lunches at work and other things since we dont live near a l*dl or a*di anymore it means using a more expensive Mr T express for any of the bits we run out of or that i forgot to put on our fornightly food shopping delivery (we don't have a car).
    So hopefully setting myself an NSD goal would make myself more accountable and thing more about those little spends, every penny counts after all.
    I think to start with I wont count any direct debits (syncing them just isnt doable as things are) or any wedding spending but will count everything else.
    So far this month I've only had two NSD, but I think I'll aim for ten this month and try to increase on that in march.

Welcome all of you to this lovely challenge! :)

I hope that you enjoy it.Getting an nsd can become quite addictive you know.As addictive as spending money even! :D

You're all signed up.BTW please state your tally in big ie nsd #3 today.Makes it easier for my little brain.

Now,shall I be mother?Can someone get the biscuits please? :T
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    Bit lax of me at the moment, been spending money again....that's because we will be getting a new kitchen installed in the next few weeks, and are also expecting guests at the weekend, ......however, there are some NSDs lurking on the horizon soon, so better set the Narglehounds on the trail!

Ah,a new kitchen.nice!
    I hope you're not getting it installed through Igor's second cousin's great auntie's toyboy's FIL.He does kitchens but he also supplied us with last month's loo roll what come off the back of a lorry.Shockingly bad quality.
    4 today for me - finding it harder than January I must say

Some months are like that. :(

January's bad enough but I sometimes think that February is worse in a way.
    Kittencat wrote: »
    Number 4 today. I'm rocking it this week!!

Yay! :j:j
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    NSD no 5 today.

You're so good beanie. :money:
    Hello Marmiterulesok! I am that most changeable of beings - the primary school teacher (year 6 - 10/11 year olds).

I so admire teachers.I couldn't do it. That's quite an age range to deal with.What age is the most challenging,or is that impossible to say?
    Damn it. Totally thought I had another nsd under my belt yesterday, before I remembered that I bought two mouse traps from Amazon! Don't worry they're humane ones, poor little mousies.
    I still don't want them in my cupboards though!!
    Goes to show how easy it is to spend money online!
    Hoping for a nsd today as I am not leaving my house, lots of cleaning to do, one sick baby, and one nutty toddler. Hope you all are having a lovely day!

Ah,it happens to us all.WE can spend money 24/7 now,can't we?

Never mind.

Hope your baby is getting better.
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    5 today - no way I'll get 20 this month but may try for 15 instead! :A:A

I've changed your target on the front page.
    Florence_J wrote: »
    Today was also not a NSD as we needed milk. I bought a B I G milk so hopefully I can clock up a few NSDs over the next few days.

Some people don't count milk.Tempted?
    Can only declare 2 NSDs so far. :(

Keeping fingers crossed that I get number 3 today - looking hopeful as brought own lunch to work - need to not give in to chocolate temptation though!!!!

Why not have a treats fund for the month?That way,you can buy a magazine,chocolate,a nice coffee...and it's 'allowed'.

Once your treats money is gone,it's gone,but it gives you some leeway.

I'm only on #3 too BTW! :o
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    Have I missed anyone out?

Well,we are doing very well! :j:j:j

Hubert was kind enough to add up the numbers on the front page (it took him 37 minutes and he's now sprawled on the sofa with a wet flannel on his brow demanding cake)
    and we have reached a fabby total of 54nsds.With 17 active participants we have a cool average of 3nsds each!!!!!!!!!!

Well done folks. :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport