ATB'S Frugal Foray to Freedom

Options

Comments

• CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lovely holiday continues :) but I'm already getting sad at the thought of going home!

Looking forward to checking online banking tomorrow and seeing exactly where we are, how sad am I :rotfl:

Off for a walk on the beach now, bliss xx

I made a cc payment this morning and was annoyed it hadn't updated! Enjoy the rest of your holiday, hope you're getting some dry weather.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    It's clouded over now so we are on the sofa watching Shrek having lunch :)

My list of jobs for next week is whirling round in my head so here goes:

- Open Leeds BS 4 year fixed isa (1.45%, much better than our current rate)
    - Top savings pot up to £1750
    - chase up consultancy work
    - Achieve 4 NSDs
    - use up pork mince that has been in the freezer for ages :o
    - choose wallpaper for bedroom

Very random I know :rotfl:
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    CathT wrote: »
    I made a cc payment this morning and was annoyed it hadn't updated! Enjoy the rest of your holiday, hope you're getting some dry weather.

Thanks Cath - you're so close to the 70s!:j
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
  • Mortgagefreeby50
    Options
    Hello!

I have spent the last three days reading your diaries from start to finish!

You're doing so well and have maintained momentum for so long!

Having young children is so hard, big hug for you from me xx They don't tell you that bit before you have them! The sleep deprivation is one thing, but the constantly having to be something to someone is the most exhausting. I'm glad you manage to get away occasionally, I hope you find time for self care regularly xx

Anyways, back to the mortgage - are you 'atypical' or 'a typical'? Just so I know how to read it in my head!

I'm so inspired to declutter and sell sell sell!

I really admire yours and your DH's drive and determination and I have no doubt that it will pay off.
    Slow progress is better than no progress.
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for popping by Mortgagefreeby50 and wow, I can't believe you've read that much! Thank you for your lovely words and support, and it's 'a typical' on account of the fact that I can be quite ditzy sometimes & have long blonde hair :rotfl:

It's sunny here again, but forecast to cloud over. We are going to a local theme park today, picnics are permitted so I've made a big packed lunch for us.

Online banking has updated so I've done a money shuffle :T I'm going to take £80 cash out today which will be our spends for the rest of our break - we go home on Friday so should be plenty. Right I'm off to jump in the bath then cook a fry up before we set off.

Have fab days all xx
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,898 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Sounds like you're having a fab time and a well-deserved break! Enjoy the rest of the week!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• atypicalblonde
    Options
    Gorgeous day out :) kids loved it, DS was free entry and taking a packed lunch meant we saved £££££ :T

I'm now sat on the sofa drinking a chilled glass of cava :o and DH and the kids are playing Hot Wheels :cool:. Happy days xx
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Gorgeous day exploring local seaside town, including cheeky lunch out.

Home on Friday, and we've opted to go via Lidl so I can get all the weeks' food that we need at bargainous prices :money: much needed, especially as DD is eating a full punnet of raspberries & strawberries per day at the moment!

Southern fried chicken for dinner tonight, with HM sweet potato fries :T
  • genieuk
    genieuk Posts: 341 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi
    I have recently started buying some of my fruit & veg from Home Bargains, can't remember how many grams but raspberrries were 59p the other week. Grapes and apples cheap as well.
    Mortgage
    June 2011 £145,943.13
    Dec 16 £74,537; Feb
    Aug 17 £59,399.96
    Nov 19 £0.00
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Thanks genie I'll look there xx

The forecast is now dire here for the rest of the week so we've taken the decision to come home early. Not ideal but kids will be climbing the walls if we can't get out (as will we) and at least if it's rubbish weather at home we have all their toys, craft bits etc to use.

Have to admit I'm looking forward to them going back to school / Pre-school on Monday I've heard 'but Mummmmmeeeeeee' more times then I care to recount :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure