Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Options

Comments

• InVestor_2
    Options
    It can't, nor can your preferred measure which is income.

But I'm confused (not for the first time!) as you were the one who mentioned "even the odds" initially so you seem to be arguing with yourself.

Relax and enjoy the early January sunshine.

Yes, you are confused.

I post my income because that's what's most important to me, and I would suggest the vast majority.

I mentioned "even the odds" because that's how the 'O' began by 'the little one' oscargrouch.
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,869 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    InVestor wrote: »
    I'm baffled why people think the 'O' makes system comparison a 'level playing field'..
    They don't. But it does compensate for one of the largest variables. I'm not sure why you appear to have such a bee in your bonnet about it. FWIW I've largely stopped quoting them, as I assume most people are capable of dividing by 2 if they want to. And I find your money figures utterly meaningless for comparison purposes.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • The_Green_Hornet
    Options
    Yes, you are confused.

I post my income because that's what's most important to me, and I would suggest the vast majority.

I mentioned "even the odds" because that's how the 'O' began by 'the little one' oscargrouch.

Oh well each to their own. I wish you all the happiness in 2014 counting out your money.
  • tunnel
    tunnel Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, you are confused.

1)I post my income because that's what's most important to me, and I would suggest the vast majority.

2)I mentioned "even the odds" because that's how the 'O' began by 'the little one' oscargrouch.

1)Most of the posters on here probably did start off thinking of the income from their panels, who wouldn't? But i believe the majority on here are now more concerned with utilising the generation against the rising tide of ever increasing tariffs and taking the "gold plated" income as a bonus

2) think you'll find that Martyn "nicknamed the "O" after the Mr O.

Tunnel
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire17.7kWh Givenergy battery added(for the power hungry kids)
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 2 January 2014 at 6:04PM
    Options
    Managed to use 54% of 'my generation' in the house from Jan - Dec '13......:beer: :rotfl:

Jan-Dec2013_zps0ded012a.jpg

Better today....1.6 O's... Last time I saw a Hawaii + 0.64 was on the 2nd. April, '13...Wonder when the first one will show this year..smiley-think005.gifcoffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • tunnel
    tunnel Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    7.30 today, I'll not say of what denomination then no-one can moan about it:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire17.7kWh Givenergy battery added(for the power hungry kids)
  • jevban
    jevban Posts: 199 Forumite
    Options
    Just under 2KW - not '0's, despite good sunshine all day. Denominations don't come into it...pardon the grammar.

Jan
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    tunnel wrote: »
    7.30 today, I'll not say of what denomination then no-one can moan about it:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Wow, 47.5 kWh....huge-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

That must be pushing.....£22 squids.....:D
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,798 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tunnel wrote: »
    2) think you'll find that Martyn "nicknamed the "O" after the Mr O.

Yyyeeeeep! Just faster than typing (the industry standard) kWh/kWp each time. ;)

Got nowt yesterday, unless you count the rain all day, which probably came close to taking the tarmac off the roads.

But got a nice 2/3 of an O today, perhaps that's a 'U', and 0.8 of an O would be a 'C', and one and a bit might be a 'Q'. :D

Well, if nothing else, it gives people something to moan about! :rotfl:

MOrt.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • InVestor_2
    InVestor_2 Posts: 270 Forumite
    Options
    I'll just stick with what really counts

£5.83 today

And the house spring cleaned after the holidays, all for free electricity :p
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback