Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Options

Comments

• Vomityspice
    Options
    1.9 O's today..... Best day so far this month.
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,573 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Another full one today.....O that is. 1.05 O's:D
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • tunnel
    tunnel Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tunnel wrote: »
    3.6kWh(0.55 big ones) today for moi today,

Been having a dig at my numbers so far this month:-

WNW(rubbish at this time of year)15kWh +0.1
    SSW 49.6kWh- +9.7
    ESE 35.2kWh -0.46

Got 2 good days forecast so very hopefull of exceeding PVGIS estimates(at least on 2 systems anyway):D

And with the 2 good days am also hopefull the wife is gonna cane it and use up all the generation:T

Damn the rain, only 0.25 O's today, still 2 systems have broken their PVGIS estimates with a day to spare, if I get an hour of sun tomorrow the last will hopefully follow suit.
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire17.7kWh Givenergy battery added(for the power hungry kids)
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    A 'B' aweful day here 0.28 O's...:mad: Only a tad more than the 10th & 16th. of this month coffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • shafeeq
    shafeeq Posts: 973 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    0.32 O's :cool: today
  • legoman62
    Options
    Wet and windy here so only 0.2 O's today:D
    Even though I thought I was having a poor Dec, I'm still well up on Dec 2012:T
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • John_Pierpoint
    John_Pierpoint Posts: 8,391 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 31 December 2013 at 2:14AM
    Options
    jevban wrote: »
    Well mine continues to well under perform. Under 2 kWh today for nearly 5 hours of good sunshine. Not happy. PVGIS projections suggested 68 kWh for the month...I have only done 27.9 kWh since commissioning on 27/11. This isn't right and I don't care what the Owner says..I want big changes and have spoken with REAL/MCS..the more I read the more I realise the RECC code has not been followed...no mandated shade assessment, triple roof install with 6 of 14 panels on NNW roof and 1 x dual MPPT inverter, no consultation, no paperwork, have email copy of MCS cert and EPC now but nothing else. Wires in the roof/loft space trailing over insulation in the loft space...I'm told this should be secured or in conduit for safety reasons...Unhappy PVer who still wants this to work...sent recorded delivery letter to MD, despite his offer of Micros in the new year as the independent says I need to know what he will fit and take advice on it first, after getting a list of problems identified by the independent who says legal instruction would be needed for further in depth assessment...fair enough.

Livid and anxious

Just in case you missed it, and remembering that legal action tends to make lawyers rich, there is a little discussion here about the costs of improving existing installations.
    Hopefully some grist to the mill for you - as you try to tactfully explain the power of social media for good and ill, to your installer.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2955406&page=135

No criticism intended but I have hopefully corrected your readings, as when push comes to shove it helps to cross the Ts and dot the Is.

Good luck.
  • jevban
    jevban Posts: 199 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks John. Dot and cross to your hearts content. I dontbwant the legal route other than MCS or Real arbitration and conciliation if it gets to that...but I have written to the guy after emailing as I'm being told there needs to be a paper trail. I'll read the link now.

Many thanks

Jan
  • legoman62
    Options
    Only 0.15 O's today.

Total for Dec = 81.7kWh...much better than last Dec:D

3605 kWh for 2013 compared with 3496kWh last year:j

Hoping for a repeat performance in 2014:)

Happy New Year to you all:beer:
  • tunnel
    tunnel Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tunnel wrote: »

WNW(rubbish at this time of year)15kWh-need another 1.4 for month total 16.95kWh
    SSW 49.6kWh-need another 1.3 total 59.4kWh
    ESE 35.2 and need another 6 total 41kWh

A miserable day AGAIN with about 1kWh generated over my 3 systems. As shown above, December all in all was just above average, I'd love to hazard a guess as to how much my SSW had done had I not retro fitted the Solar Edge to it but i'll just sit quietly knowing its about 15% up.

Tunnel

Ps... Happy new year all and may the generation be with you!!!
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire17.7kWh Givenergy battery added(for the power hungry kids)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback