🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Options

Comments

• InVestor_2
    Options
    £5.19 yesterday (10.7 kWh)

4 washes and full dishwasher for free leccy :)

Today looks a cracker too, no more washing so leccy heater on in the middle of my home :p
  • InVestor_2
    Options
    £6.15 today (12.7 kWh)

Had leccy heater on all day to make most of it :p
  • mickyduck
    Options
    InVestor wrote: »
    £6.15 today (12.7 kWh)

Had leccy heater on all day to make most of it :p

Hi what size is your system......... I have had a perfect day here and generated 8.5 kWh
    Cheers
    3.995kWP SSW facing. Commissioned 7 July 2011. 24 degree pitch + Solar Immersion installed May 2013, after two Solar Immersion lasting just over the guarantee period replaced with Solic 200... no problems since
  • shafeeq
    shafeeq Posts: 973 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    1.37 O's today. .
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Classic case of oscargrouch having small man sysndrome :D

I sometimes have difficulty with spelling, but I guess, not uncommun.....smiley-think005.gif

Yesterday 1.96 O's....:)
    Today 2.00 O's.....coffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • InVestor_2
    Options
    I sometimes have difficulty with spelling, but I guess, not uncommun.....smiley-think005.gif

Yesterday 1.96 O's....:)
    Today 2.00 O's.....coffee.gif

More like finger error on my tablet, but well done..

At least I don't have to try and compensate for having a little one and failure to grasp simple maths with dull wit ;)
  • InVestor_2
    Options
    mickyduck wrote: »
    Hi what size is your system......... I have had a perfect day here and generated 8.5 kWh
    Cheers

4 kW

I have a steepish roof so it performs very well in winter, which is perfect for me.
  • mickyduck
    Options
    4 kW

I have a steepish roof so it performs very well in winter, which is perfect for me.

opposite to me then I have a very shallow roof... as it says in my sig 24
    3.995kWP SSW facing. Commissioned 7 July 2011. 24 degree pitch + Solar Immersion installed May 2013, after two Solar Immersion lasting just over the guarantee period replaced with Solic 200... no problems since
  • tunnel
    tunnel Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tunnel wrote: »
    3.6kWh(0.55 big ones) today for moi today,

Been having a dig at my numbers so far this month:-

WNW(rubbish at this time of year)15kWh-need another (1.4) 0.3 for month
    SSW 49.6kWh-need another (1.3) +8.9
    ESE 35.2 and need another (6) 0.8

Got 2 good days forecast so very hopefull of exceeding PVGIS estimates(at least on 2 systems anyway):D

And with the 2 good days am also hopefull the wife is gonna cane it and use up all the generation:T

1.18 O's today, again helped on by 4.6kWh from my SSW

Strangely, my WNW does better in light cloud than in full sunshine, managing just under half a kWh today yet 2 days ago did 0.85kWh in cloudier conditions:huh:

Ah well, I'm a lot more confident with 2 days to go of passing my PVGIS estimates for December for all my 3 systems:D
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire17.7kWh Givenergy battery added(for the power hungry kids)
  • jevban
    jevban Posts: 199 Forumite
    edited 30 December 2013 at 5:51PM
    Options
    Well mine continues to well underperform. Under 2kw today for nearly 5 hours of good sunshine. Not happy. PVGIS projections suggested 68Kw for the month...I have only done 27.9 KW since commissioning on 27/11. This isn't right and I don't care what the Owner says..I want big changes and have spoken with REAL/MCS..the more I read the more I realise the RECC code has not been followed...no mandated shade assessment, triple roof install with 6 of 14 panels on NNW roof and 1 x dual MPPT inverter, no consultation, no paperwork, have email copy of MCS cert and EPC now but nothing else. Wires in the roof/loft space trailing over insulation in the loft space...I'm told this should be secured or in conduit for safety reasons...Unhappy PVer who still wants this to work...sent recorded delivery letter to MD, despite his offer of Micros in the new year as the independent says I need to know what he will fit and take advice on it first, after getting a list of problems identified by the independent who says legal instruction would be needed for further in depth assessment...fair enough.

Livid and anxious
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport