Changing for good...a new start!

Options

Comments

• Happymac
    Happymac Posts: 215 Forumite
    Options
    You are doing really well. i am going for the slow and steady dds up payments to my cards too. It shows every penny makes a difference.

xx
    June 23.25/250 Monthly money making target
  • Baldybear
    Baldybear Posts: 1,657 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good afternoon :)

Another small ebay sale so another £1.60 to Sains CC, it will be gone soon :) Took down my old clothes that arent really ebayable today to cash for clothes - £4.40 in my pocket, better than in the bin :D

NSD lunch bought in and dinner from leftovers at the weekend.
  • DebtFree2012
    DebtFree2012 Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Options
    Well done BB - keep going x
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • Baldybear
    Options
    Good morning, yay its friday :D

So bad news first - have put some xmas shopping on my CC now stands at £43. I need to get a few more pressies and some food shopping before next payday, I have £52 in budget so will prob be putting another £30 odd onto the CC :(

I am pleased to say that 85% of my xmas shopping was not on credit so a huge step forwards and considering I have no money for savings etc am pleased with what I have.

So CC will prob be nearer £100 by next payday :(

So onto good news....I have another few ebay items selling so will be a few spare pounds to the CC.

I also have been informed we are getting an Xmas bonus :D

Now these are rough figures but in theory I should have enough to pay the following:-

:) my outstanding vet bill from when hossie had colic (waiting for vet to come back to me with figure)
    :) my car tax due end jan
    :) car mot and service due feb (unless anything major but fingers crossed it shouldn't)
    :) Get my Sains CC balance to 0
    :) Hopefully £100 odd left over

With the left over money I am going to put this towards a saddle for my hoss. I havent got one as she was still growing but early next year is the right time to get her one. I do have my old saddle so with my bonus money and what I can get for the old saddle hopefully should be enough. Be good then as feel my hard earned bonus hasnt all gone to bills, something nice has come out of it :D

These are all in theory figures as dont have the exact bonus figure yet, as am rubbish with working out tax and NI deductions but hopefully am not too far off.

We wait and watch this space :)
  • Baldybear
    Options
    Good morning :)

So my predictions are right re CC plus unfortunately a little bit more :( It stands at £130 and will be more probably by tomorrow. I have overspent this christmas, I didnt have any savings so I have put some on credit, yes its rubbish but hey ho hopefully by next year I will be in a better position. Will be worse by tomorrow as car died over the weekend, hopefully just a flat battery as recovery started it fine, so I think it just needs a replacement battery, its in the garage at the moment so we wait and see, fingers crossed.

I have had a few ebay sales so have managed to put a few pounds to my balance, one still to pay so another few pounds will be knocked off. I am still going to go to plan re my xmas bonus, even if it means nothing left over, least I will be Sains CC debt free and have money saved for the car next year.

One day I will be in a position with savings but hey one step at a time.

Saturday went shopping for last xmas pressies, sorted out my electric fence, chopped up wood so all in store now at correct lengths for fire. Got loads to last well over the winter :) Sunday didnt spend a penny, did some surveys, did some more sorting out of bits in house, slowly slowly getting things organised. Put up my xmas tree too :D

Still got shed loads to do before xmas in terms of work and getting house bits sorted but feel like I am making progress.

Bit of a rambled message but hope it makes sense :)
  • DebtFree2012
    DebtFree2012 Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Options
    You know where your money is going BB so don't kick yourself, you are spending and aware so it'll come good in the end :)
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • Baldybear
    Options
    Debtfree2012 thanks for dropping by, yep do know where going wrong so definitely a good start, just need to get better habits but slowly :)

Last ebayer paid so another £2.28 to the Sains CC.
  • Baldybear
    edited 9 December 2014 at 10:36AM
    Options
    Good morning :)

Cries re Sains CC - stupid car :( New battery and alternator, my cc now stands at £299.65 :( After all the hard work paying it off this year my lack of savings has put me back in debt again. I still havent had the vet bill either :(

I WILL pay the balance of with my Xmas bonus, my saddle has definitely gone out of the window but hey ho. I NEED/WANT to be debt free and I WILL make this happen, insert determined face.

So my Xmas bonus will be divided as follows:-

Pay my vet bill - still awaiting this
    Pay my Sains CC to 0
    Put money aside for car tax due end Jan
    Put any left over money aside for the MOT and service in Feb

Still not sure of exact figures yet but hope have enough to cover all of the above.

There prob wont be anymore ebay sales this side of Xmas. I have some survey money outstanding so will put this straight to the Sains CC so less to pay out of my bonus.

Next year I will fully focus on my Bcard CC.

Well why this is the time for confessions I also have an overdraft :( It is around £700, my budget is working and this is decreasing slowly each month, if I am uber careful with budget, my main account budget is less than my pay so decreasing slowly. My charges are very minimal £5 max a month but working on getting this clear too.

One good thing, sofa payment out so now only a few pennies over £300 so that is going down too :)

Its all an uphill battle but I will get this all sorted somehow :)
  • MissShoes
    MissShoes Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Keep chipping away at it....don't beat yourself up. Any plans re the lodger? Any ways to up your income....babysitting? Teaching horse riding? Cleaning? If you could manage to earn an extra £25 a week/£100 a month that would be a little savings buffer so you wouldn't feel your hard work is being undone (which I totally feel at the moment too!)

Roll on 2015 for a new start!
    • DFD 4th July 2015
    • MFD 1st October 2021
  • Baldybear
    Options
    Good news forgot about my expenses that will be due, not sure if I will get them paid this side of Xmas but is about £70 :) That can go to a debt, make up a shortfall of something so pleased with that.

MissShoes no plans for lodger until new year, need to look into other ideas. Plans this side of Xmas was to clear the house so in a half decent state if I do get a lodger and that is working so at least somewhere I am making progress :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure