My First Post - Hello , Debt, DMP & PPI claim be taken seriously

Options

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,507 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It was a mistake to phone back. They know your number is active.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • sickasachip13
    sickasachip13 Posts: 1,190 Forumite
    Options
    Paul, this thread is an inspiration to me to get bloody started!! I was in the same position as your regarding sick pay etc. I also had a loan and a mortgage a very long time ago with the Halifax and was categorically told, by the local branch I dealt with, on both of those, that the offer of the loan / mortgage would not be forthcoming without me taking up insurance. Unfortunately I have absolutely no paperwork for either of these, no account numbers either as these were not part of my DMP...what would you advise?
    SAAC
  • Tangerina
    Tangerina Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Paul
    What an inspiring thread. It's really good to hear of your success, as on this forum I often read a lot of negativity and even discouragement about putting in a complaint about ppi misselling.

You have given me the encouragement I need to start my journey, thank you. Tangerina
  • NewcastlePaul
    Options
    SAAC - Just be honest. Everyone's circumstances are different.
    I do work for a large company with offices nationwide. A bit of basic checking by creditors would have let them discover that sickness and benefits package was generous. Anyone self employed or working for relative or mate saying the same be not be so readily accepted.

Tangerina - Thank you for your kind words. Its just over 10 weeks that I sat with a bunch of phone numbers and decided to take the plunge. Everyone should try and reclaim their PPI / Charges providing they feel they have genuine cause.
    31st December 2004 - Debt was £128,596.72
    1st October 2016 - Debt Free
    12 years of Stepchange + PPI +F&F
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4862915
  • fozmcfc
    fozmcfc Posts: 3,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Just like to say, a big well done to you. :T

You've done really well to getting yourself on the road to a debt free life, which believe me, is a great way to live.

Also, getting over the gambling addiciton, something I can definitely relate to and have overcome myself.

Also well done on your PPI reclaims, I to ended up taking out loans and getting into debt between 2000 - 2009 (some gambling related, but mainly just spending money I didn't have on things I didn't really want/need.

I have managed to claim just under £10k (with one claim left). While I'm lucky enough to have already have cleared my debt, by living life like monk as they say for 4 years, it's still nice to get back some of the money the banks have had out of me for years.

I wish you all the best, in your quest for a debt free life. :beer:
  • NewcastlePaul
    Options
    Thank you very much.
    Very kind of you.
    Been amazed by the support and the well wishing on this site.
    Was very nervous about posting when I joined as basically I was very stupid and irresponsible and expected to be shot down in flames

This Site and the valuable information it has provided in helping me on my PPI journey has changed my life for the better
  • NewcastlePaul
    Options
    Also we have a new offer.
    Little one but it all adds up.
    Had a credit card with Capital One. Never had more than £200 on it and it was paid off. Been offered £28 compensation.

Adds to the total. Just Lloyds TSB credit card to go and then I can start making some F&F settlement offers
  • NewcastlePaul
    Options
    Current PPI Status as of 25th March 2014

£9,262 Cheque Received (Lloyds Tsb)
    £8,190 Cheque Received (Barclays)
    £5,708 Bank Transfer Received (NRAM)
    £1,122 Cheque Received (Barclaycard)
    £0,625 Cheque Received (MBNA)
    £0,206 Bank Transfer Received (NRAM)

£1,906 Offered - £1,700 against Balance - £206 Comp (NRAM)
    £0,563 Offered - All against Balance (Monument)
    £0,028 Offered - Comp as had paid card off (Capital)

Hitting A Brick Wall - (Goldfish x2)
    Been advised no PPI- (LLoyds TSB Credit Card)
    Refused A Refund - (Bank of Scotland)

£25,113 - Total Received So Far
    £02,497 - Total Offered
    £27,610 - Grand Total

Above means that I am currently going to be debt free
    5 Years !!!! earlier than when I first posted here !!!!
    After I make offers to creditors I will now have 6 years instead of 11 left on my DMP !!!
    Overall in the scheme of things I think I have had a successful journey on my PPI campaign

Have today had 2 notifications.
    The first a letter from Lloyds TSB Card services (the final creditor I was waiting to hear from) to say no PPI on the card.

I then later logged on to by online bank to find out that HSBC had sent a bank transfer for £5,708

So thats it it would appear. A PPI journey that begin with a day off work on Friday 3rd January, A list of account numbers and creditor phone numbers means I have received £25,113 with a further £2,497 promised

£27,610 pounds better off than I was the 3rd day of 2014.
    That is 5 years off my debt management plan even if I fail to get a single reduced F&F settlement.

I was 9 years ago a rather disgusting £108,000 in debt
    on the 1st of January it was £059,850
    On the 1st of May assuming rest received and with current Stepchange DMP payments I will a few pence under £30,000 in debt. I doubt there is anyone else on this planet happier to be 30k in debt.

Its been a slog and there is still a bit to go but blooming heck I can see the light at the end of the tunnel !!!

Thank you for all comments , advice and support.
    This forum helped change my life and I am a fan for life :)
  • maggy50
    maggy50 Posts: 783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done on all your complaints being up held .
    It has been a harder slog timewise for me but the results of my complaints are still coming in I have three offers that I am awaiting payment .

I still think you should put in your complaint re Goldfish you may have a lengthy wait through the FOS but depends of the value you paid in premiums I suppose you have an idea ?

:beer: Well done
    Light travels faster than sound.

This is why some people seem as bright until you hear them.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,507 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    well done :)
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure