MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• Bubblepops
    Bubblepops Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    I know, princess Kate. I kinda feel more sorry for the babies though! There was another absolute corker, but I just can't remember it!

Glad you had a lovely day-I'm with you on the baby proofing, OH is under strict orders that his 'man nest' around his computer has got to go!

I feel pretty lousy today, spent all afternoon in bed, and it feels like a right waste of a day. Takeaway and knitting in front of the darts tonight, methinks.

I must be overly hormonal., OH told me about Terry Pratchett when he got home, and I burst into tears for about 10 mins, and am resisting the urge to go and cuddle my discworld collection...

Hugs to all. Xx
    'By all means let's be open minded, but not so open minded that our brains drop out.'
  • Aunty-Pickle
    Aunty-Pickle Posts: 499 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 13 March 2015 at 7:31PM
    Options
    ***DUE DATE LIST***
    1. Bubblepops - 21 March :female:
    2. x_missymoo_x - 7 April ?
    3. Princess kate - 8 April ?
    4. millysg1 - 8 April ?
    5. Trixsie1989 - 14 April :female:
    6. Aunty-Pickle - 15 April ?
    7. gayleygoo - 22 April ?
    8. georgie262 - 22 April :female:
    9. Phoenix01 - 25 April :female:
    10. alsomething - 1 May ?
    11. Downhillfast's OH - 3 May ?
    12. Angelmommy - 6 May ?
    13. Janed9388 - 17 May :male:
    14. hippihaz - 2 June :male:
    15. krustylouise - 5 June :female:
    16. ashtray heart - 6 June :female:
    17. wendz86 - 8 June :female:
    18. weesmiler - 16 June ?

When you see this post do your pelvic floor exercises

Hospital Bag List here
    Supplement List and Dosage here

***BIRTH LIST*** - Within the last month or so
    :male: lotti1982 - Noah born 2 February (7lb 8)
    :male: fuzzipeg - Nathaniel Joseph born 5 February (7lb 11)
    :male: sulphate - Cameron born 10 February (6lb 2)
    :male: Mrs_T_M - Eli Gabriel born 19 February (7lb 3)
    :female: Nicky Noo Na - Isabella Louise born 20 February (7lb 13)
    :female::female: Carrot34 - Sofia and Ella (twins) born 4 March
    Tilly_dreams - 28 March :female:
    Always_alone - 27 March :male:

PROBABLY GIVEN BIRTH BUT TOO WORN OUT TO LOG ON TO LIST
    [Allow 2 weeks after EDD before transferring to this list (Max 6 weeks)]

CONTRACTION MASTER TIMER

Please post your birth stories here when you have time/energy

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • Aunty-Pickle
    Options
    just thought I would post the list again - anyone heard from Tilly_dreams?
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    I won't do full announcements but both Tilly dreams and Always alone have delivered! Bubblepops that makes you top of the list....and i'm 3rd, yikes!

Bp was much better this morning at home so the midwife was happy. Had another listen in to the heartbeat & I recorded it so OH can hear it. They do miss out on these things. Went out to M&S with my aunty & she bought a few baby things, they have quite a good sale on at the mo, we're restricted by being team yellow which is probably a good thing really! We had some lunch too & I bought some yummy food for the weekend. Going to try & talk hubby into ripping up the bedroom carpet tonight so we can take it to the tip in the morning. He's decorating the bedroom this weekend as the new carpet is being laid monday morning! Nothing like leaving it all to the last minute! He did say he was expecting nesting to involve some decorating so I think he's ok with it.
  • Aunty-Pickle
    Aunty-Pickle Posts: 499 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 13 March 2015 at 7:31PM
    Options
    Thanks Princess Kate, I will just alter the list slightly rather than post it again for the time being....
  • jediquigley
    jediquigley Posts: 601 Forumite
    Options
    Jedi- can I ask why you wanted vitamin k given by drops instead of injection? Was this linked to your delivery. Sorry I might have got muddled, easily done these days!

I thought it to be less invasive than an injection, that's all.
    :jMarried 16/07/2010, ds1 born 11/08/12, baby due 08/05/2015
  • jediquigley
    jediquigley Posts: 601 Forumite
    Options
    Scan this morning was good, placenta has moved. Made it clear to sonograher that didn't want to know the sex and she asked us to turn away while she measured a limb.

No swelling here, I only experienced swelling after the birth of my first my feet were huge.

Attended mummy natal class thurs evening it was good, did breathing, some ball plus floor exercises and meditation. I was the only one there so was great to have a one on one lesson. Will try and do some ball exercises everyday to help with core stability and hopefully my back.
    :jMarried 16/07/2010, ds1 born 11/08/12, baby due 08/05/2015
  • Bubblepops
    Bubblepops Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    Bubblepops that makes you top of the list....and i'm 3rd, yikes!

I keep telling her to put in an appearance, princess kate but she won't listen to me!! :rotfl: I'm glad your BP was better today-must be the stress of going to the dr's!

Great news on the scan, jedi! And 1:1 session? Not bad!

I am having lots of grumblings and twinges, so you never know, she may be starting to move. Hope everyone is ok.
    'By all means let's be open minded, but not so open minded that our brains drop out.'
  • Aunty-Pickle
    Options
    Jedi - have you done any research into the pros/cons and differences between Vit K being given orally and by injection? What I personally concluded is that the injection is far more effective - it's a one off dose and gives immediate protection. The oral doses can be problematic - one can be missed, the baby can be ill and the efficacy itself is less than the injection form.

Here are some links for further information:
    http://www.nct.org.uk/parenting/vitamin-k
    http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/separating-fact-from-fiction-in-the-not-so-normal-newborn-nursery-vitamin-k-shots/

(Apologies if this comes across as being offensive or anything - trying to be informative rather than argumentative)
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    I work in Haematology so all things blood related are really important to me & I'm hyper aware of them & the problems that can occur. I'll be requesting the injection of vitamin k for my baby as then I know they have had a full, correct dose & there will be nothing to worry about. If a baby is taken to SCBU or the neonatal ward they're automatically given an injection of vitamin k as the last thing they would need is another problem caused by malabsorption of the oral vitamin k drops. Obviously it's everyone's choice but I think the second of discomfort from an injection outweighs the potential problems.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure