John Lewis mattress-cheaper equivalent????

Options

Comments

• rabialiones
    Options
    also looking at latex topped mattresses , any suggestions welcome
    thanks
    Nice to save.
  • passion_flower
    Options
    Rabaliones I have pm ed you the link not sure if I am allowed to post here, however realised it was £379.99.
  • Pinkypants
    Options
    £379.99 is a very good price.

I've sold it for at least £599 in the past! The power of the internet huh, soon to kill off all retailers. Sob Sob. :(
    Helping the country to sleep better....ZZZzzzzzzz
  • passion_flower
    passion_flower Posts: 127 Forumite
    edited 18 September 2014 at 12:13AM
    Options
    I have to say I was shocked at the price, but then I found at least 6 different price points for up to £800 for the same product.
    I will update re comfort and first thoughts on Wednesday. We are not in the new house till Monday, mattress gets del on Tuesday.
  • Pattrickk
    Options
    Hey, could you send me a link for that price too! Would love to hear how you find it!
  • passion_flower
    Options
    Pattrickk wrote: »
    Hey, could you send me a link for that price too! Would love to hear how you find it!

TIS done :)
  • iwanna
    iwanna Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you Iwanna can I please ask which one did you go for ?

Sorry i realise i'm late replying as you've already gone for one but i went for the Hypnos Firm Pocket 3 Mattress - can't remember the exact JL name but it was orthopedic sommat or other.
  • iwanna
    iwanna Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    BoxerfanUK wrote: »
    Do Crendon furniture have a showroom where you can actually try out mattresses?

Yes they have a store/showroom near Thame, oxfordshire
  • Clairabelle1972
    Options
    Hi there

This seems to be a great place to get some help choosing a new mattress. I have only joined today, but have read through old posts and just wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I have a bad lower back (old injury) and a bit of a dodgy neck. I have an aged pocket sprung mattress (about 800 pocket count I believe) and my back seems to be getting worse and I am rolling around trying to find a supportive place on the mattress all night and getting no rest. My husband has slept on the sofa all week and I am under strict instructions to get onto the new mattress thing.

I seem to get from your discussions that Dreams are not the place to go, although they have a good sale on at the mo. I can't have Memory Foam (allergic-weird I know but I wheeze with it) and don't want latex. I need a King size pocket sprung, and I want to be able to flip and turn it. (use both sides I mean) I don't really want to spend over £400.

I have been looking at Restus or Kozeeleep but am getting confused as I believe they are one and the same Company. Are Rest assured any good?

Please help, I thing 1200-1400 would be about right as I don't think super firm will be good for my back but I really have no idea
    Thank you

Clair
  • Pinkypants
    Options
    Restus and Kozeesleep are the same company, just different labels on the product. But they do make some very good value for money products. Even more so if you purchase online.

The number of springs in a mattress is just that. It doesn't equate to firmness in any way shape or form. The firmness is down to how thick the wire is that makes up the spring.

More springs will normally equal more support as the body is being held by more stuff, springs in this case.

You are correct in thinking that a super firm will NOT be good for a bad back. Proper support is only achieved when the mattress moulds around your natural body shape. Therefore larger people will need a firmer mattress then those of a lighter person.
    Helping the country to sleep better....ZZZzzzzzzz
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport