You know you're too stingy when.........

Options

Comments

• Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    It's funny you guys mentioned this. Earlier in the week, I had a meeting at a school and the students were told they could take some of the leftover food and drink home. Apparently one girl emptied about 100 tea bags into her bag! I bet her mum is so proud :D :rotfl:

Personally, I would never recycle old birthday presents and then charge my brother the full cost of them so that he can give them to his girlfriend :whistle:
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,749 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    OK confession time here. Yesterdays Metro (free paper) had a voucher for a Tesco in Birmingham. It was spend £30 and get £10 off the bill. I nabbed two papers so I have 4 vouchers (well they are valid for a few weeks). Then I went shopping and added up as I went round. Bill before discount £30.50, afer using voucher £20.50.
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
  • Cleosmum
    Cleosmum Posts: 2,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The bulb goes in your bathroom... and because you can't get the light fitting off it remains unchanged and you suffer without a light in the bathroom at night........ for 3 months... (and counting) :whistle:

Snap, OH broke the light fitting in the downstairs loo and its been without light for months, just leave the door open lol. Well, saves on leccy :o
  • bunzee
    bunzee Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    Cleosmum wrote: »
    Snap, OH broke the light fitting in the downstairs loo and its been without light for months, just leave the door open lol. Well, saves on leccy :o

Similar to my theory of only having one electric socket each to the living room and the bedroom being great as it means I can't have too much stuff on at once!
  • angelflower_2
    angelflower_2 Posts: 2,426 Forumite
    Options
    have to go now and no more internet access till Monday but look forward to ready lots more stingy stories then. Have a great w/end all!
    DFW 228 LONG H 68
    DFD 2017 :eek:
  • Bismarck
    Bismarck Posts: 2,598 Forumite
    Options
    Cleosmum wrote: »

for some reason the previous occupants had a wonderful candelabra in the dining room...it needs about 10 bulbs and they blow more often than they should....in true MSe style, there's only a maximum of 4 bulbs working at any one time.

also liked the Metro Tesco voucher story so will be sure to check them from now on! I look out for any barely read papers too and have been successful most days...
    For what I've done...I start again...And whatever pain may come ...Today this ends... I'm forgiving what I've done -AF since June 2007
  • meaniegreenie
    Options
    When I started to turn my pants inside out to wear another day to save washing them!:rolleyes:
  • Billy-no-Money
    Options
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

But also...
    D'OH! :doh:
    Managed to smash the first energy saving bulb in the sink.. lol.

Hope you disposed of it safely!! I suggest you go straight to Casualty and get yourself decontaminated ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7172662.stm
    Long-haul Supporters DFW 120
    Debt @ LBM (October 2007): £55187
    Debt Now (April 2014): £0
    Debt-free-date: [STRIKE]July[/STRIKE] April 2014 :j:j:j
  • SarahNeedle1872
    SarahNeedle1872 Posts: 6,166 Forumite
    Options
    ..... when you buy basics loo roll/shower gel/shampoo then decant it into the posh packaging, knowing full well that if OH doesn't see the packet, he will never know the difference!
    'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars' - Oscar Wilde
  • linniestorm
    linniestorm Posts: 347 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I'm too stingy to buy a proper make up mirror so just use photobooth on my mac to straighten my hair and do my makeup! It does require good lighting so not v. energy saving. I suppose that should go under you know you're too lazy when...!
    1st LBM (Pre-Career Change): 01 March 2006 Debt Free Date: 28 April 2008 | Worst Debt: £7244.36

2nd LBM: 10 December 2019 Current Debt £25,322 [April 2020] | Worst Debt: £27,444
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure