Best Sim Only Deals (MEGATHREAD)

Options

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 17 October 2015 at 10:20PM
    Options
    AFAIK, O2 is the only network allowing internal transferring of a number from an old contract to a new one. Failing that, you can do two-steps porting via another network PAYG sim.

Why does it have to be O2? If it's the signal, have you checked Tesco Mobile and Giffgaff (and, possibly, Lycamobile)?
  • Obviously_the_best
    Obviously_the_best Posts: 4,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    edited 17 October 2015 at 10:18PM
    Options
    Hello All,

I'm moving on from a sim only monthly contract with Three as their prices recently went up and they're not budging about giving me a better price or more data.

I'm currently getting 1GB data, 600mins and unlimited texts for £13 (its now gone up to £14) on a monthly contract.

But I need more data. The GiffGaff 2GB data, 500mins and unlimited texts for £12 seems good enough but I wonder if there is anything better out there??

I don't mind a 12 month contract if it's worth it...

Thanks for the help.
    If you can remember to claim the cashback, click here and you can get 2GB data, 1000 mins and 5000 texts for £3.50 per month, for 24 months. And you'll get a phone which you'll get £15+ for on eBay, meaning your first few months are paid for! And you can get £30 Quidco on that.

If however you don't think you'll remember to claim cashback / you can't be bothered, TPO 1 month contracts are pretty hard to beat! Click here for them.
  • lon_don
    lon_don Posts: 73 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    grumbler wrote: »
    AFAIK, O2 is the only network allowing internal transferring of a number from an old contract to a new one. Failing that, you can do two-steps porting via another network PAYG sim.

Why does it have to be O2? If it's the signal, have you checked Tesco Mobile and Giffgaff (and, possibly, Lycamobile)?

Well I want unlim mins unlim txts 2GB 4G, and Vodaf and O2 seem to have the best SIMO plan (£15.30 pm). EE, 3, Tesco, Giffgaff seem more expensive for equivalent service (none has unlim mins for £15 and I phone a lot). I would have gone for Vodaf (better cash back, identical SIMO plan) but I got scared after reading the numerous horror stories here on MSE! And I definitely can't afford to lose my phone number for weeks or months (like some people who have ported to Vodaf seem to have experienced).

So you think that I can do this with O2 ? I am a bit reluctant to port to a 3rd party/network SIM before porting back to O2, as I don't want any service interruption (for business reason).
  • wallofbeans
    wallofbeans Posts: 1,400 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    If you can remember to claim the cashback, click here and you can get 2GB data, 1000 mins and 5000 texts for £3.50 per month, for 24 months. And you'll get a phone which you'll get £15+ for on eBay, meaning your first few months are paid for! And you can get £30 Quidco on that.

If however you don't think you'll remember to claim cashback / you can't be bothered, TPO 1 month contracts are pretty hard to beat! Click here for them.

Do either of those offer 4G? Not that it seems to make much difference.. but wondered if that's why they are cheaper...?
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do either of those offer 4G? Not that it seems to make much difference.. but wondered if that's why they are cheaper...?

I'm wondering why this is so cheap too? I'm looking for a new sim only deal and this seems almost too good to be true??

Also can anyone recommend any deals which might not come up on comparison sites?
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,805 as of 04/24
  • alderpoint
    Options
    The EE 100GB/month for £10 offer continues, although it's now branded as a Christmas offer.

http://shop.ee.co.uk/campaigns/christmas-sim-from-ee
    My postings reflect my lifetime's experience and my opinion. You are quite welcome to respond with your experiences and option, whether similar or different.
  • Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Anything can match/beat this from Virgin? Their signal is pretty bad in my area, funnily if I use EE its a lot better on 3G so seems odd

£5/mo, 600 mins, 1gb data, unlim text
  • mchale
    mchale Posts: 1,886 Forumite
    Options
    Futuristic wrote: »
    Anything can match/beat this from Virgin? Their signal is pretty bad in my area, funnily if I use EE its a lot better on 3G so seems odd

£5/mo, 600 mins, 1gb data, unlim text

Can't match it pricewise, but for more minutes:

http://life-mobile.co.uk/
    ANURADHA KOIRALA ??? go on throw it in google.
  • Rev
    Rev Posts: 3,150 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Currently with tesco on sim only. I pay £10 and get 1000mins 5000sms and 1gb data but find myself low on data.

Called tesco and no loyalty deals or anything. So is ID mobile my best bet?

500mins unlimited text and 2gb for £10. 500 minutes is plenty for me.

Looking for a network that has 4g. If anyone knows of a better deal please let me know.
    Sigless
  • Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 28 October 2015 at 6:05PM
    Options
    Rev wrote: »
    Currently with tesco on sim only. I pay £10 and get 1000mins 5000sms and 1gb data but find myself low on data.

Called tesco and no loyalty deals or anything. So is ID mobile my best bet?

500mins unlimited text and 2gb for £10. 500 minutes is plenty for me.

Looking for a network that has 4g. If anyone knows of a better deal please let me know.

Perhaps giffgaff for £12/mo, o2 4g

I have a hard time trusting networks piggy backing of each other especially if they aren't established brands such as Virgin/BT who would be able to secure deals against other networks if their current agreement falls on renewal for example, Giffgaff is owned by o2 and Life mobile by EE so those are relatively safe

I'm not sure how mobilephonesdirect is or whether you can be bothered with redemption cash back but this works out as £7.99 after redemption
    EE - Unlimited Minutes, Unlimited Texts, 4 GB Data, 12 Month Contract
    http://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/sim-only-deals
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family