Small loan but want it gone!

Options

Comments

• dottydebts
    Options
    Dotty - I do it this way with some money as it means I have access to it if I've forgotten something important or something comes up but by not being in my current account I 'forget' about the money.... well I remember but I don't think of it when I'm deciding if I really 'need' that new top or throw etc.
    If something comes up, I can transfer it back and use it but if it doesn't, the debt comes down. :D

I think this is exactly what I need to be doing! I have a separate account which I am building up funds in to pay off the dreaded overdraft (I have learned the hard way just keeping it in my current account does not work) but sending extra to another account so I have the money there 'just in case' sounds like a fab idea :D
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Ah, bulldog bash. I went when it got really big and wasn't much of a fan but they have scaled it back quite a bit.
    Was nice to have a drag strip at a rally though!

Too true. She loves the sound of her own voice and tried to get right to manage on a block with flats and businesses which isn't possible though apparently she deals with management agencies and leasehold law a lot...

Yes that's right! Happy days :rotfl:
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Whoknowskt89
    Options
    Well, my mates tattoo was moved to yesterday and spent the day with her getting it done and I must say it is amazing and the lady is an amazing artist. So much so that I've booked mine in with her for March.
    Spent a tenner yesterday treating my mate to lunch and today I've got to take my kittens to the vets for microchipping but that's already paid for with my healthy pet plan.
    Really can't wait to get more ink now, it's been 9 years now! I know it's not very money saving but every now and then you need to treat yourself.
    Got it booked in for a day after what was a planned night out so does mean I'll spend less at the night out as won't be drinking alcohol.
  • Whoknowskt89
    Options
    I think today is a typical Monday.... Long and irritating!
    Forgot to defrost the quorn ham so had to buy lunch today but was out of change in my pocket so not counting this as a spend! My budgets go purely on account money and I only withdraw cash for specific nights out/when I'm going somewhere I know I can't use my card.
    I did manage to get a free bottle of cola with priority moments on my way home from work though. It didn't even tempt me to buy anything else :-) pay day tomorrow so I can pay off more of my loan.
    Got some confusion over what's going on with my flat as apparently I'm in the way of plans for the building but I've heard nothing from the actual owners (leasehold flat) or management agents!
    Never mind..

TV, cats and chocolate it is!
  • Whoknowskt89
    Options
    Payday!!!! :j
    Just transferred £100 to my loan so it's at £1549... Under a year and already over half gone!
    The interest will be added tomorrow though and my usual payment taken but that normally takes a few days to show up.
    Did get my supermarket delivery early (yesterday) as there was some offers on my usual bits that expired yesterday, though some didn't come off so called them up and getting £4.25 refunded :-D :j
  • Whoknowskt89
    Whoknowskt89 Posts: 262 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Newshound!
    edited 28 February 2017 at 6:26PM
    Options
    I got my (temporary) promotion!!!!!!!
  • Whoknowskt89
    Options
    Oo I've been quiet....

In this time...

Been approved for my 0% credit card
    Kittens been neutered
    Car passed mot after some fixes £200! Spent on the car today

No more sent to my loan but should have enough food except some fresh stuff for the rest of the month, got £120ish left unaccounted for and only got to get my mum something for mothers day.
    Do have my tattoo money as well but I feel I feel I deserve a little treat and should still come on budget this month and I have overpaid by £100 already.
    Going to move my loan to credit card, 4% fee but cheaper than the interest minorly.

Now to go make cake for friends visiting tomorrow!
  • Whoknowskt89
    Options
    Got my car insurance renewal through for £505 but managed to stick to my company for £410. All my quotes were coming out at £480ish online so I called them and said I had a quote for £420 from x unlinked company, they managed to match and then managed to get another £10 off! That's with £0 excess (online changing excess saved maybe a tenner a year!)
    My bike insurance renewal came through too for £390!!! As an incident was showing as open but managed to get that for £213.84!
    All in all, my insurances are £100 less than what I budgetted for, meaning my car repairs haven't eaten as much of my buffer money as I thought.

I've applied to get money transfer to settle my loan so fingers crossed that'll go through properly and then it'll be on 0%!

Did have a cheeky letter through from my new management agents asking for £253! Despite having an email from the last confirming I was paid up until end of June. One phone call and that was all sorted out and received in writing that I owe nothing.

Cakes and fajitas went down nicely for my friends, they helped me sort out some diy too so now I can retile the fixed leak area in my bathroom.

Everything just seems to be coming together this month :j
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I got my (temporary) promotion!!!!!!!

Congrats:T:T
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Whoknowskt89
    Options
    Thanks Bobarella.
    Well, ended up getting a surprise amount from Halifax as they never paid me my reward payment for my credit card!
    I've moved £1370 from my loan to 0% credit card so that's now £1424 due to the feed.
    The remaining money has just been paid and loan closed (£84.99) so no more loan!
    My friend was meant to go with me for my tattoo today but she has cancelled as she's too hang over apparently but never mind!
    Just so pleased things are getting so low loan wise.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure