Asda Complaint

Options

Comments

• ianac1
    Options
    d.edna wrote: »
    So you didn't listen to the doctor, I always go off what the doctor says

As do i but i think your missing the point i made earlier where i mentioned that all the doctor said was, "i'll give you a five day course."
    Usually i just get my prescription and follow the instructions written on the container.
    How would the doctor knows your going to the pharmacist? or when your going there? this is unlikely

I don't understand this response and if memory recalls i never mentioned that the doctor knew if or when i was visiting the pharmacist.

I dont see that this has any relevance to my situation anyway.
    or the doctor put the wrong instruction on the script (Which is most likely)

Just wondering why this is most likely? Personally i would have thought it more likely that the pharmacist mislabeled the medication and as i said the doctor had the chance to check what he had given me.
    I'm guessing that he can and did do that, and at that point could have said so if he had gotten it wrong or just said take 3 a day, admitted he had given me a shortage of pills and written a prescription to make up the difference.

As much as i love all this questioning, could anyone please give advice relating to my original questions?

What would you do in my shoes and what method of complaint would you use to receive a decent, prompt answer?
  • AJ73
    AJ73 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Re-hashing an old thread here but I have the exact same problem. Broken knee so used Asda for the second time to home deliver groceries. Lots of problems, half the items missing, driver could not care less. That was 2 weeks ago and now I am still chasing the refund. They only refunfed half the items!

And in this time of British jobs for British people, guess where the office is that you have to call for home delivery problems? South Africa!

I am able to accept mistakes happen, we all make mistakes but their customer service since then to resolve the mistake as been nothing but a catolougue of problem after problem.

I have gone back to Sainsbury's, 1 or 2 home deliveries per week since October when I broke my knee, and not one single mistake. They may be more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

My advice - avoid Asda.
  • stolt
    stolt Posts: 2,865 Forumite
    edited 17 May 2009 at 2:02PM
    Options
    problem with todays delivery. and fired off a email probably wont get a email returned. but going to try sainsburys because i'm fed up with asda

''
    afternoon, i feel rather disappointed with asda today regarding a mix up on a delivery we had expected today between 11-13.00hrs. It was running close to13.00hrs and i checked online to find the order we had made not showing. I phoned your customer services department and spoke to un helpful operator who had said the order was cancelled by the store because there was a issue with a payment. This operator was called Inshaff and iuts her careless attitude which has prompted me to write to you. She said a automated message was sent to us regarding the payment problem but we havent had a message. i've checked the voicemail and we had a similar problem a couple of years ago with asda and the same excuse was given. I feel really let down.

We spend on average £140.00 every two weeks with asda and to miss an order for the sake of a automated message is a joke. My daughter is ill and the home delivery service is a lifeline at the moment and makes shopping easier for us.

the next delivery date is tomorrow which we have chosen as we are desperate for this delivery, but this operator has suggested we phone the accounts to check out the problem with the card. ive just reordered it on line and chose another card! because the card will fail again wont it if the details are the same. I've phoned my credit card and they have no issues with my card.
    I'm not suggesting problem never happen but a automated phonecall is wrong and not very good business sense in my mind.

So me the customer has to ring and try to get through to an accounts section tomorrow before 1pm to ensure we get the delivery tomorrow (our other hildren at school so the earliest is 6pm to 8pm - aftr there teatime) Ive just gone online to change the card online to another that was registered as my point was missed completely by your operator inshaff that surely if the card has failed once then it will do tomorrow.

I was told by insaff that her supervisor (Brigitte) will try to speak to someone from accounts to ring me tomorrow. But she mentioned that she cant gaurantee it!!! (i wont hold me breath as she didnt sound very convincing.

i've lost all faith with asda i really am really dissappointed with the level of service from your customer services, in fact i wish i hadnt phoned at all.

I can honestly say that we have ben using asda for 8 years plus and have spent near on £500 a month with yourselves. But i think its time to see if a competitor is reliable

i dont want big money from asda to say sorry just a simple apology would be good so for that £500.00 a month goes to sainsburys and not asda. i'm sure it wont make a big diffeence to a company the size of asda but i make me happier that i wont give in to bad customer service.

thanks for taking the time to read the email, its turned into a rant now which is what i didnt want. previosuly your drivers have been realy helpful and when we had a missing item once the operator was great but this inshaff needs a lot of additional training if this is going to be her chosen caeer.

lastly i think you should in addtion to the phone call (automated) also email the customer aswell.

regards

''

edit. anyone got a proper email address for asda complaints...
    Listen to what people say, but watch what people what people do!!
  • yummy_mummy_cat
    yummy_mummy_cat Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    Options
    i placed an order with asda 2 weeks ago for our weekly shop and none of us drive and my mum is ill so makes it hard to get to town and back with weekly shopping for 4 people and a baby too.

asda canceled my order because of a so called problem with my card and told me also that they had left a message about this.
    LIERS!! my mum was in all day waiting for the shopping coming while i took baby to clinic and other bits n bobs

i was left with no food/drinks/milk/nappies anythingfor my family including my baby girl.
    i checked my credit card and they had taken the money for the delivery and also taken the whole price for shopping and deliver onto of that aswell so i payed an extra £5 and still no shopping

i have up with customer services when i ended up in tears explaining i had no money and needed that shoppin like now!

thankgod i have the best friends in the world that ordered me some shoppin to last a few days.

ASDA ARE A JOKE STAY AWAY
    im not allowed to say what i think so ner!:p
  • montyrebel
    montyrebel Posts: 646 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As an ex employee I can assure you that your complaint means nothing to them, especially the general manager of the store, you should contact the area manager for your area if you can and then they will give the manager some sh*t. Also in my store the people whose job it was to pick the home shopping orders were told to use items like dented tins first and items with a shorter shelf life so that they can get rid of them without having to reduce them
    mortui non mordent
  • leithhibby
    leithhibby Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    hmmm Asda eh well.... I recently placed an order online through one of those cashback sites and I have had no bother with any other retailer until now it said I was to recieve £5 cashback for online sign up and purchase, I did bought £50 odds of shopping and low and behold they have put it as £0 and it doesn't look like they're going to give me it a lot of people on the site also say keep away I like Asda in store but I reckon they're online shopping is just not up to scratch. Oh and also they charged £3.50 for delivery and my father gave the guy a £5 tip!!
  • Morglin
    Morglin Posts: 15,919 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Asda might be cheaper but their CS is crap - I don't bother to shop there any more or use their home delivery.

Lin :)
    You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset. ;)
  • WhydoIbother
    Options
    I wrote to ASDA to comment on what I considered was an unfair and illogical policy. They replied, ignoring most of the issues in my letter, saying that they HAD changed the policy concerned.
    Shortly after getting the reply I noted that they had not done anything. I approached one of my local store's managers, when I realised that their reply was not backed up by the provision of a service I had commented on. The local manager told me that the policy HAD changed and that what I had experienced was a regrettable error.
    I then wrote back to their Customer Services, in Leeds, to express my concerns, disbelief and scepticism. To date I have not received a reply. When they read my second letter they probably rolled about laughing for a while whilst thinking do we give a damn?

I dared to challenge / question what looked like a blatant effort, on their part, to put financial concerns above good levels of customer service and their silence, so far, speaks volumes.

It does feel as though as long as money keeps going into their pockets why should they worry about keeping their customers really happy? Their web site (under "contact us") says that they want to hear comments in order to improve. In my experience they will hear but that is where it stops!!! The reply I received clearly stated that their policy had been changed in my favour and it hasn't!!

That's one of the blessings of not being regulated - you have nobody (except your shareholders) to answer to. Their attitude to Customer Service appears to be one of "put up with it or shut up" & "if you don't like it tough" - we don't care!! Having read some of the comments on this site it looks as though I'm not alone in thinking this.

Prove me wrong ASDA deliver on your promise!!
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,895 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I do shop at Asda for "top-up" shopping as it's only 5 minute walk away, but for home delivery I use Tescos.

After reading some of the comments here I won't be using Asda home delivery.

Don't have any issues with Asda, other than their self-scan checkouts are C***P.
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 August 2009 at 1:43AM
    Options
    yeah the CS is poor service, not completely useless as they did some good stuff after I complained but certianly not keen on giving compensation.

My complaints were mostly based on poor use by date on bread and many items (usually ones on offer and cheap) saying not available on their site. My last complaint was I started to edit an order 1 minute before cutoff time and when I went to submit I had lost my order slot, I immediatly rang but they had no facility to overide the system and recover my order slot.
    On nearly all my complaints regarding order problems and unavailable items the excuse was "wait for our new website, its much better", The poor date on bread they had no answer, it was a case of pot luck on what you get. By poor date I mean I had less than 48 hours before use by date and the bread was noticebly hard when I got it.

Now I have the new website but its still littered with unavailable on various items. They usually get replaced by much more expensive items about a week after they go unavailable.

I considered using tesco, however my dad who uses tesco tells me they play the same games as sainsburies. The game I reffer to is they subsititute 2-3 items every week with more expensive ones. Funnily enough asda who have a policy to write off the cost of subsititutes that are more expensive very rarely replace products. Funny practices going on with these supermarkets on home deliveries.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure