I WILL get there!!

Options

Comments

• kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    It's just nice to have a break from the norm though isn't it Bob. Not sure if Lewisham roundabout counts though :rotfl:
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    Busy busy day ahead, including a couple of meetings I could do without.

Forgot to update that I lost 6.5lbs last week, so I'm on the right track. That's pretty much what I put on over Christmas so not too impressive, but I'll take it! This week I'm been doing a shake for breakfast and lunch and then a low cal dinner. Chicken and rice last night, no idea what tonights offering will be but OH is at his martial arts class so he won't be back until after 10 so it will be something quick and easy for me....probably chicken and rice again :rotfl:

Well I'll try and get back to update later, have a good day all!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    Well that was a terrible evening....had a long and bad day at work so had very naughty food....chips and bread, spent non budgeted money getting the stuff at the local shop and ruined my diet with carbs :mad:

No-one to blame but myself, I've got to stop letting my emotions affect my eating. Still no cigarettes though! One thing I'm managing to stick with at least.

I've got a big day of meetings tomorrow so it will be another long day, but I keep being told I should be grateful for being so busy so I just need to suck it up and do my best until I get another member of staff.

On the upside I'm creeping ever so slowly towards 40% paid. By the end of this year I should be at 58%, but I want to push myself to get to 60% by Christmas 2016. I know I can do it, it just means more ebaying and more saving as much as I can....will be difficult with such a busy year but I WILL do it!

OHs parents called us last night to let us know they are booking to come over in August so I have a little bit of time to prepare before they arrive ;) His dad is a character - we told him that I won't be able to take much time off while they are here because I've used a lot of my holiday time (well....all :o) and his dads response was 'but who will cook then'. I guess I know where OH gets being a cheeky git from :rotfl:

Right I'm off to bleach the kitchen and have a soak before OH gets home :D
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hope your day has been ok Kirsty. :D
    Don't beat yourself up about the eating. One step at a time, and if you're staying off the ciggies then that's all good.
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    It hasn't been too bad thanks ccl, hope you're feeling a little better today. I'm still not smoking so can't have been too bad :rotfl:

Had a big meeting a couple of hours away so I dressed up a bit more than I would normally for work, in a dress with short puff style sleeves straight out of the tumble dryer....went to a freiends for dinner, rubbed my arm and felt something strange. I pulled a sock out of the sleeve :rotfl: can't believe it's been there all day and I didn't notice! I'm blaming the puff sleeves!

Anyway, I feel absolutely exhausted today so I'm going to get a fairly early night.
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    kirtsypoos wrote: »
    It hasn't been too bad thanks ccl, hope you're feeling a little better today. I'm still not smoking so can't have been too bad :rotfl:

Had a big meeting a couple of hours away so I dressed up a bit more than I would normally for work, in a dress with short puff style sleeves straight out of the tumble dryer....went to a freiends for dinner, rubbed my arm and felt something strange. I pulled a sock out of the sleeve :rotfl: can't believe it's been there all day and I didn't notice! I'm blaming the puff sleeves!

Anyway, I feel absolutely exhausted today so I'm going to get a fairly early night.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: At least it wasn't yesterday's pants hanging out your trouser leg :D
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    That's true Ena, and at least I discovered it at my friends house rather than mid pre-contract meeting! That would have probably made them think I was absolutely batty. Which, of course, I am but they don't need to know that yet :rotfl:

I called my dearest mother for a bit of a catch up last night and she said something amazing...she gets quite a substantial payout from a savings fund towards the end of the year, and she wants to pay for my flight to New Zealand so that I can go with OH. I need to have a serious think about it, as I don't want to rely on our parents all the time. It's such a generous offer (which is basically my Mom to a T) but is it the best thing for her to do with her money.

She made it quite clear that she is helping me to get all of the things done that we would want to before starting a family so I think she is pretty much hurrying up Grandchildren :rotfl: she has never been desperate for grandchildren, but always desperate to see me fulfil my dreams and she knows that's the biggest one. Going to have a discussion with OH later and get his thoughts on it.

Happy almost Friday!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    :rotfl: That's the kind of thing I would do - go to work with a sock tucked in my sleeve.
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    It amused everyone around me ccl, even the littlest goddaughter was chuckling at how much everyone else was laughing!

I'm almost up to 30% paid on the mbna card, I'm desperate to hit it but I know I can't before payday....I've PADed every spare penny (apart from the allocated PADs for the next few days....but they are not going to be enough to tip me over that milestone) :( that's more of a grumpy face than a sad one but I can't find grumpy, only mad, and I think that's a bit of an exaggeration!

I'm still spending every spare minute looking at holidays....sometimes there are even within budget :rotfl: regardless of what I would prefer we will NOT be spending any more than budgeted for this holiday. It will not jeopardise my DFD. Once I'm debt free we can have a big blow out luxury holiday before concentrating on saving for (fingers crossed) maternity leave. That should give me 2 big things to aim for. Not that I feel like I need any further encouragement at the moment, I feel super motivated. Not sure why, but I'm not complaining!

So looking forward to some time with friends and family this weekend. I've got a bottle that we were given for Xmas to regift to my friend as a thank you for having us over tomorrow (cheeky but means I don't have to spend :)) my hair being coloured is my Christmas present from my sister and I think my mom will do dinner on Sunday so should be very much a low spend (if not no spend) weekend. I've budgeted £10 for incidentals just in case as we are out and about but hoping to put that in my money jar instead. Wish me luck :)
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think while we are planning you should fall pregnant on the lavish holiday :)
    When you find out your debt free day does it make you feel better or more determined to get there sooner? I need to do mine properly.
    Glad you have so many nice things plans and nice things to do with your family and to aim for with the house. I think it keeps you motivated x
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills