PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS ways and Poor Health

Options

Comments

• pollyanna_26
    Options
    Catching up . Hope Caronc and LW are feeling less stressed today .
    WCS what's the forecast for you over the next few days ? will it be another boats out of the water time ?

Two things Csarina I think my mention of a holiday further up the thread may have been me confusing yourself and Caterina - welcome to my world .
    I'm glad none of you could see my Homer Simpson doh moment re the washing soda . From childhood onwards washing soda , baking soda and vinegar were in mums and later my cupboards and were and still are in daily use . Heck I was part of an eco cooperative back in the eighties which sourced bulk supplies of them for sharing out . Used to get my ecover floor soap and washing up liquid direct from Germany the same way . It took many years for ecover to appear here and not that many years since it finally hit the supermarket shelves .
    In my defence M'Lud I can only think having a one year and a week old son and a brand new daughter had damaged my logic . I'd been trundling my laundry to mums to use her twin tub ( how I miss them now in hindsight ) We bought an automatic machine which was really expensive when compared to pay at the time and I think the fear of something breaking made me fall for the marketing of the then powder . I changed to the all in one tablet with joy still never thinking it through , I've actually moved the soda crystals every time I've reached for the tablets . So much money wasted since 1971 , someone smack me but thanks for nudging my brain cells Csarina .
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Prinzessilein
    Options
    Afternoon all!

Polyanna - yes the paint eventually arrived, and my kitchen is now duck egg and magnolia instead of scarlet and black!...there was a minor hiccup with the bathroom, the decorator painted all four walls in magnolia and forgot I had asked for two in duck egg, but no real problem!

It is such bliss to live on the ground floor now - no more being stranded when the lift breaks down!

Good news for Mum arrived today...the AA letter arrived - and she has been awarded the standard rate - which is what we were hoping for. We had no help with the forms, just filled them in as best and honestly as we could....The award is back-dated to mid-December so there will be a very useful back payment in her account. She has already decided to get herself a new walker - one with a seat.

I have the heating on at the moment (we pay a set amount for electric regardless of usage, so I never worry about keeping the flat warm!) and am having a quiet afternoon knitting. (I do OCC shoeboxes each year, and always include knitted hats and bags...and sometimes knit puppets too....this year I am looking for 'Barbie' type dolls and may include a couple of hand-knitted clothes for them.)...I like to get started as early as I can as there is never any guarantee that I won't get days, weeks or even months when my hands can't manage the needles.

Dinner tonight is a sort of risotto that I have taken from the freezer. ...nice and simple!

I think I read someone mention WFF...Mum used them for a couple of weeks last year when she came out of hospital...the meals were quite tasty- and the service was lovely, nice woman on phone took order and the delivery guy took everything into the kitchen for her (and offered to put them in the freezer....They were a little pricey, but they DO offer a nice range of mini-meals which was useful as she had a poor appetite at the time....She DOES prefer the M&S mini-meals but WWF has the real advantage of home delivery!

Special thanks for the support (here and PMs!) about the hair/wig issue...it is SO good to have people who understand!
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Glad mum award letter arrived should make a difference . I've read through but will reply later as I have some phone calls to make and a few jobs around the house . Enjoy your snug afternoon knitting .
    polly

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Many thanks for whoever it was that mentioned the WFF people, I hadn't heard of them and that looks brilliant for when you just cannot face cooking or eating :)
    WCS hope yur cosied in for tomorrow? Been a wee bit windy here but the main feature for us is heavy snow all day tomorrow, to get upwards of 20cms, plus drifting in the winds. Expect you will be the same?
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Mar it was Prinzess . Sounds like worth you giving it a try . Good job you went out you did . Assume the usual Fire , Cat ,Knitting what more could you want , well maybe a knock on the door from Peter seeking shelter from the storm . Take care and you too WCS .
    polly

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Peter's long gone. I swapped him for the cat :D
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Prinzess it sounds like things are really starting to come together for you - finally into a GF flat, and getting the walls done how you want them (not sure even I could live with scarlet and black!). And your Mum getting the AA award too - brilliant. :T
    When you've a moment, if you found any good wig websites, could you point me in the direction of them please? I continue to lose hair at a rate of knots, so it's something I'm going to have to go with eventually.

Not had a good day today I'm afraid; very shaky, and my heart has been pounding fit to burst - probably just reaction to all the stress of the last few days. Not to worry, hopefully tomorrow will be better.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening everyone
    Have been mainly horizontal today following a horrible vertigo attack first thing:(. I think the stress of yesterday and the change in weather pressure with the storm coming in triggered it. Still feeling a bit shaky round the edges but much better now so hopefully it's settled:). Tesco delivery dealt with and I'm for a quiet and early night.
    LW hope you feel more like yourself tomorrow
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You too, Caronc. Sounds like we both need to spend a quiet evening and try for a decent night's rest.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I too have spent most of the day in bed, I am more sure than ever its the increase in medication. I take it at night, so by this time in the evening the levels are lower. I am just feeling slightly better. Have to go to the Drs in the morning.

I slept in the sewing room last night, had a decent night. I have to get up in the morning to get to the Drs. I hope there is not a full surgery, I doubt I will be able to sit and wait for long.

Will report later in the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport