PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• Elfbert
    Elfbert Posts: 578 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good luck, Kirstypoos!

Onwards and upwards, GBR78 :(

Doing some last tidying and polishing before our viewers come around on Weds...and waiting for the estate agent to tell me which of them is coming around to conduct the viewings! I don't know what to do, either...we can go and sit in our local coffee shop for a bit, but it's quite a long viewing appointment - 5.15-7.30! Don't know what to do for the best!
    Mortgage - £[STRIKE]68,000 may 2014[/STRIKE] 45,680.
  • Cath_Ster
    Options
    Hello, mind if I join in?

We have been on the market for about a month now. Had maybe 6 viewings, one has resulted in an offer but they have not yet sold theirs so no go there for now! :(

We've seen a property we love so really hoping that we get an offer before that sells but it wouldn't be the first one we've seen, loved and watched it get sold!

Fingers crossed for your open day Elfbert.
  • tinkerbelle12
    Options
    Hi all,

What do people think about doing an open house, has anyone done it?
  • hannahbond37
    Options
    House went online on Wednesday, between then and now have had 14 viewings, absolutely no feedback from estate agents and no offers. Starting to panic as we need to sell for asking really to afford our next mortgage (this is in Bristol which is highly competitive).

Anyone else feel like the estate agents completely hype you up and then let you down, she was like 'if we don't get offers I should loose my job' 'we should have a bidding war' etc and so far nothing!

Loosing my mind....don't want to tidy anymore :'(
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Have you asked the estate agent to chase feedback for you hannah? We had to specifically request calls with feedback :mad:

We've had another offer, the buyer has increased by just under £1k so I think we will probably accept. Just a bit frustrating as we could do with the extra to proceed but we don't want to lose a buyer for the sake of £600.... time to think long and hard.
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • hmd1987
    hmd1987 Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    saturdays viewing seemed to go well and the chap said he wanted to bring his wife back for a second viewing....he was a "talk the talk" kind of person...

had a call from EA on sunday afternoon - they haven't been able to make contact with either of the viewers, surprise surprise
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    ARGH! I'm torn! We were about to accept the offer of just under 6K under asking but have had 3 calls for viewings in the last 30 minutes, why is this so difficult?!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • copperjar
    Options
    kirtsypoos wrote: »
    ARGH! I'm torn! We were about to accept the offer of just under 6K under asking but have had 3 calls for viewings in the last 30 minutes, why is this so difficult?!

You don't need to feel rushed. I panicked and accepted an offer because i was scared my buyers would walk away. But in hindsight, saying I needed to wait until after the weekend or even just not replying for a few days would have been more sensible. It might also push your buyers to up their offer a bit??

3 more viewers lined up would suggest to me you could wait. Just need to decide how you want to do that!
    [STRIKE]
    Total debt 1.11.10 £23,446
    [/STRIKE]
    Save £6k in 2015 #129 £6121.66/£6000
    Save £6k in 2016 #39 £6000/£6000
  • fudge7000
    fudge7000 Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    Bear in mind that they obviously want to buy your house as well and are probably scared of losing it... Waiting is probably your friend!
    First win (October) - Apple Ipod off a radio competition
    November - new nokia mobile phone, £250 electrical voucher (both radio comptitions)
    March - 2 cinema tickets to see 27 dresses (radio again!)

:beer: :beer: :beer:
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    Thanks copperjar and fudge, I took a deep breath and called the agent to say that unless they increased their offer to what we needed, we would be declining and continuing with other viewings.
    I was very aware that we've done quite well in terms of number of viewings but this is our first proper nibble and offer and we are buying a new build so need to get cracking!

They called back to say the buyer would increase to meet what we needed provided we cancelled the viewings we already had booked. Done and accepted. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure