Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Westie983 wrote: »
    Could've been easily done if reading from the old T&C"s especially as its only just dropped to 5%... Just a thought.

But she read out at the same time the information to ignore the 5% in the literature which sounded like it was all part of the prepared product info they read you so doesn't seem to me like a case of her just using an old set of T&C.
  • ratechaser
    ratechaser Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    Options
    Westie983 wrote: »
    It doesn't mature, its an ongoing account till they decide to pull it in favour of issue 4, 31st October is when the interest is paid, you continue to fund the account as normal, till otherwise told.

I have held issue 3 since February 2015.

Westie983

I've got the issue 3 - can I have an issue 4 as well? Wasn't previously high on my priority list at 2.3%, but right now it's starting to look a bit more attractive!
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    Options
    ratechaser wrote: »
    I've got the issue 3 - can I have an issue 4 as well? Wasn't previously high on my priority list at 2.3%, but right now it's starting to look a bit more attractive!

Yep I recently opened the 4 to add to my existing 3.
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

Yes you can, I opened 4 when it was launched, and now have both books running along each other, with Bucks as well, all the other regular savers are online only,

Looking forward to seeing this months interest.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    alternate wrote: »
    Does anyone have the details for making BACS deposits to Leeds Building Soc Regular Saver?

I am sure it has been asked and answered before but it is a long thread to check and the LBS site has nothing.

Thanks

40-27-15 with your account number as the reference.
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 19 October 2016 at 10:16AM
    Options
    My Saffron BS 3.5% regular matures 4th Nov but you are allowed early closure without penalty.

Therefore, I will close it next Monday and reopen a new one @ 3.5% in case they withdraw it or lower the interest at the end of this month. I will transfer £200 from the matured balance to the new a/c and pay the remainder into my 123.

Another bonus is that I will have a balance of £400 on 1st Nov.

Shame I can't do the same with my Nationwide Flexclusive Reg.
  • ratechaser
    ratechaser Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    Options
    Excellent, thank you both. I am lucky in that I'm nowhere near Leeds, but they just happen to have a branch nearby (same deal with the Nottingham).

Missed the Bucks one by the looks of it...
  • steve65e
    steve65e Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    Excellent, thank you both. I am lucky in that I'm nowhere near Leeds, but they just happen to have a branch nearby (same deal with the Nottingham).

Missed the Bucks one by the looks of it...

I also have both Leeds issues. Please note that the bonus periods are different.

Issue 3 runs 1 Nov to 31 Oct

Isuue 4 runs 1 Sep to 31 Aug
  • steve65e
    steve65e Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    To ss2

Norwich and Peterborough BS Monthly Regular Saver Account

Interest rate: 1.75% gross p.a. variable from 2nd September 2016
    Monthly payment: £0-£500
    Miss any payments: Yes, you can miss as many as you like
    Penalty-free withdrawals: Yes, one per year (based on anniversary of account opening date)
    Age of applicant: Not stated
    How to open account: Branch only
    Special conditions: This account runs for 2 years. Once opened, can be operated by post or electronic payment and "limited facilities are available online via internet banking". Steve65e reports in post 4102 that the N&P BS Monthly Regular Saver account can be opened in Yorkshire BS branches so it is possible that may apply to this account too.

To clarify...

You can open a YBS RS in a YBS branch or by post.

You can only open an N&P RS in an N&P branch, but not by post. If you open an N&P RS it will actually be a YBS account but branded N&P ie they are the same thing.

T t&cs here http://www.nandp.co.uk/PDFs/savings/monthly-regular-saver-account-factsheet
    seem to imply that you can't have both of them.

Phew.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 October 2016 at 6:18PM
    Options
    Speculator wrote: »
    My Saffron BS 3.5% regular matures 4th Nov but you are allowed early closure without penalty.

Therefore, I will close it next Monday and reopen a new one @ 3.5% in case they withdraw it or lower the interest at the end of this month. I will transfer £200 from the matured balance to the new a/c and pay the remainder into my 123.

Another bonus is that I will have a balance of £400 on 1st Nov.

Shame I can't do the same with my Nationwide Flexclusive Reg.

Great info.
    I have not read the T&C yet. Just wonder will you still get the advertised interest of 3.5% when you close it earlier ?? Any info on this will be very much appreciated ...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure