Flying solo

Options

Comments

• *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Hello Diary, :hello:

From reading round the diaries, am delighted to discover that the sun has arrived in the UK! :D
    Have made the most of it's absence - much easier to work in the garden when it's cloudy, though the first wave of thunderstorms missed us so am pressing on to get as much as possible done before it is wetted down.

Garden is starting to resemble the African Velt; short trimmed grass with occasional flowering bushes and patches of veg between the trees. PC would have loved the order that is emerging as I cut through the two years' worth of tangled undergrowth. :)
    Also finally planted the trees which have languished in pots for weeks; put them near the caravan to provide summer shade - again, PC would have approved. Took a long time to choose the spot but think I've got it right. :)

Everyone within a five mile radius heard the birthday party on Saturday night; by all accounts the revellers had a fantastic time as there was quite a lot for guests to do besides dance all night. :)
    The volume was about right for me listening at the Nest, so decided not to go down - my days of partying all night are over, lol. :rotfl:
  • HeadAboveWater
    HeadAboveWater Posts: 3,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    It's still here too!! :cool:

Glad you got the trees planted. And I'm sure you would have PCs full approval on the position :D
    *Robin* wrote: »
    The volume was about right for me listening at the Nest, so decided not to go down - my days of partying all night are over, lol. :rotfl:

Just a few hours instead then?! :rotfl:
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • *Robin*
    edited 29 May 2013 at 12:33AM
    Options
    Hello Diary and Faithful 'Net Friends, :hello:

Did everyone have a lovely time and avoid traffic jams over the bank holiday? Hope so! :D
    It's still here too!! :cool:

Great - please hang onto that big yellow ball if you can; am enjoying not being frazzled by it and able to get loads done in the garden! :D
    Glad you got the trees planted. And I'm sure you would have PCs full approval on the position :D

Yes, it was a relief to finally decide where they should be planted - both trees look great and are already putting out new shoots! :D
    Just a few hours instead then?! :rotfl:

Haha; it was one of those parties where the hosts are surprised by hungover revellers who emerge from the campo days later..
    Even a few hours of music at high volume would have been too much for me, alas, so am quite glad I didn't go. :)

Well, RTL has just visited us. He's been signed off as fit to work, has a new Doc who is continuing investigations but has already told him the likely diagnosis will be the one I was wondering about. :)

We're back with the other Docs this week; more blood tests for CD and hopefully Vet will agree to do a detailed scan of her neck, shoulders and right leg, which was missed last time due to her refusal to lie quietly on the table. :o [Maybe I should clear the dining table and practise lying upside-down with CD?**].
    The signs are still very, very subtle, but they are there.

Also managed to book the van into the garage, so it's going to be a spendy end to the month. Just hope they've got the parts in stock and can sort out the oil leak straight away, as it's a ruddy long walk home if they want to hang onto it. :p

** CD upside-down, not me! :rotfl:

**ETA: Chunk removed 'coz it's just too sad; sorry folks. :(
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Hi Robin :j

The sun has disappeared! (Hence why i'm sat in the front room with Tom & Jerry on (distract kids) and browsing the diaries :rotfl:)

So sorry to hear about the mis-diagnosis with your friend SJ how awful :( I'm very glad (touch wood) i've not had to deal with any major sicknesses yet in the family/ close friends, i'm not sure that I would keep badgering for another opinion as i'd be clueless myself. You seem very clued up on these things.

I hope the weather there is more bearable today :) It is too cold and wet here for my liking the damp plays havoc with my asthma I WANT THE SUN BACK (please) :D
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2 complete! EF total £1902! ~ NSD 7/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £462.76 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £97,285.47
  • HeadAboveWater
    HeadAboveWater Posts: 3,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    *Robin* wrote: »
    ** CD upside-down, not me! :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl:

Glad you cleared that up!!!! ;)
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • *Robin*
    edited 29 May 2013 at 12:30AM
    Options
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

^^^ Extended screech of alarm!

..Caused by a gert fat orange undulating centipede that wandered across the bathroom wall while I was having a shower! :eek:

Don't want to put anyone off their tea so will draw a veil over the subsequent couple of busy, wobbly dripping minutes which did not end happily for the unwelcome visitor.. :(

I hope the weather there is more bearable today :) It is too cold and wet here for my liking the damp plays havoc with my asthma I WANT THE SUN BACK (please)

Oh dear; sorry to hear you're feeling wheezy DFW. :(
    ..Unfortunately, can't help atm. It's getting very stormy here; fifty shades of cloud boiling overhead and cold, gusting wind tormenting the trees.
    Should be outside strimming before The Wet arrives - but somehow it's an uninviting idea. :o
  • *Robin*
    Options
    Good morning Diary, :hello:

Today has begun with a major frustration that left me in tears.. :(

Do wish people would stick to their plans! :mad:

..Feel as if I'm running a free cafe and drop-in hotel here, which is not good. :o
  • Mara_uk7
    Mara_uk7 Posts: 1,219 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hugs Robin, :grouphug:. Life would be so easy if it wasnt for other people sometimes. Hope your day improves .
    Its just a bad day, Not a bad life .. :cool:
  • missrlr
    missrlr Posts: 2,192 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Robin

Sorry been AWOL for a while. Glad you have managed to sort the LL issues out for a while at least.

We had some sun, then rain, now sun and I made the mistake of being convinced that the sun will stay with us today so wore only a summery top and a coat (have to put that back on in the office if it gets chilly won't I!)

Unwelcome visitors sometimes have to be dispatched ..... well done you for doing this, I usually revert to vacuum for such efforts! I have also been known to try the close my eyes I can't see you trick (fails every time, I end up with an Alice in Wonderland type thing going on where they grow in size as I shrink - makes the whole think much more traumatic.

Sorry to hear you are begin thwarted by others. If you are running a tea shop - stick a price list up! It may at least be a subtle hint!

Hope today improves for you.
    Start info Dec11 :eek:
    H@lifax [STRIKE]£13813.45[/STRIKE] paid Sep14 paid 23 months early :T
    Mortgage [STRIKE]£206400[/STRIKE] :eek: £199750 Mortgage £112500
    B@rclays £[STRIKE]25000[/STRIKE] paid 4 years 5 months early. S@ntander £[STRIKE]9300[/STRIKE] paid 2 years 2 months early
    2013 8lb lost 2014 need to lose 14lb. Lost 4 so far!;)
  • grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hugs dear Robin, hope whoever has turned up and spoilt your plans does a swift turn about and does one

Had to laugh at idea of you and CD upside down on the table together x
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure