🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Flying solo

Options

Comments

• *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Hello Diary and dear, optimistic friends, :hello:

Last night we were given a good opportunity to star-gaze, when all the villages for miles around were plunged into darkness by a power-cut. It was quite eerie without neighbours' lights twinkling across the hills - ha, easy to tell who's got solar panels though. :rotfl:
    As the waning Moon hadn't yet crested the mountains the stars were very bright; seemed almost close enough to touch.. :)
    Daft Dogs and I lay on the lawn watching, until someone flicked a switch and the 21st century returned. :cool:

This morning Clever Dog gave me a fright. Had opened the door for Fatty just after dawn then dozed, serenaded by wakening birds, until CD suddenly leaped up and dashed outside. A frantic scrabbling set off mental sirens which sent me tumbling after her, dreading what I might find..
    But CD wasn't fitting, she was staring intently at the water bowl. Then suddenly she dashed to the dog-bed, then back to the bowl before making a sudden leap at the strawberry plants. In front of the row of pots CD stopped, immobile - very strange!
    Suddenly understanding, it was with huge relief that I moved CD's front paws to reveal an angry little lizard, apparently unharmed but for missing his tail (which will grow back). Watching us intently, it had the sense to freeze until CD and I had gone inside, then there was a flash of movement as it vanished - phew. :p

That's enough excitement for me today. :rotfl:
    missrlr wrote: »
    I think the RTL issues has just caught up with you ..... Be kind and have a few days off mentally.

Hmm, you may be right - certainly been having problems with the ol' mental processes recently, so good idea to change direction; thank you. :smileyhea
    A list of the questions you want to answer will appear and you will find the answers

Thanks for the suggestion - now a work in progress. ;)
    Re Green Deal, I had just replacement the boiler done all insulation etc on both houses when this came up grrrrrr

Typical! :mad: These schemes annoy me a bit because of the restrictions; I wanted to use a thinner high-tech insulation in the loft which would fit under the boarding, but that wasn't allowed. They wanted to simply put another layer over the existing stuff which would have meant removing everything stored in the loft and taking up the boards - plain daft IMHO.
    Likewise, the new boiler I've chosen is not available under Green Deal. :cool:
    I also hope you found an alternative meal to your alternative stir fry

Confession time; pinched a couple of bits of Daft Dogs' chicken* which went down very well with a tomato salad (don't eat much meat any more but enjoyed that).
    * roasted in a herby mix as I didn't fancy their preference for raw. ;)
    Ate dinner sometime in the small hours; woke up to hear the oven pinging 'ready' - would probably cremate a lot of food if it didn't have a timer. :p

Thanks for the hugs, HAW - hope you're having a Happy Tuesday! :)
  • HeadAboveWater
    HeadAboveWater Posts: 3,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    *Robin* wrote: »
    This morning Clever Dog gave me a fright. Had opened the door for Fatty just after dawn then dozed, serenaded by wakening birds, until CD suddenly leaped up and dashed outside. A frantic scrabbling set off mental sirens which sent me tumbling after her, dreading what I might find..
    But CD wasn't fitting, she was staring intently at the water bowl. Then suddenly she dashed to the dog-bed, then back to the bowl before making a sudden leap at the strawberry plants. In front of the row of pots CD stopped, immobile - very strange!
    Suddenly understanding, it was with huge relief that I moved CD's front paws to reveal an angry little lizard, apparently unharmed but for missing his tail (which will grow back). Watching us intently, it had the sense to freeze until CD and I had gone inside, then there was a flash of movement as it vanished - phew. :p

:eek::rotfl:
    *Robin* wrote: »
    Thanks for the hugs, HAW - hope you're having a Happy Tuesday! :)

:) Twas going well til OH decided to annoy me. Gonna look at a 'singles' holiday me thinks ;)
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • *Robin*
    Options
    Hello Diary and Dear Friends, :hello:

Where is the time going? Still waiting for parts to fix the van which is becoming annoying because I'd really like to get CD back to the vet sooner rather than later. Have been offered another car (in lieu of debt repayment - but not until next month; wouldn't be the type of car I'd buy anyway so don't know what to do about that?).

Feeling pretty down about it all, not achieving a lot which isn't helping - wonder if a Doc would say am depressed? Every time that thought occurs I chide myself; have so much that many might envy, there really is no excuse.. :o

Memories of where we were a year ago cannot be banished - God what a precious time that was! :A

Finances are pretty stagnant, ha that's one benefit of not being able to use the van; clocking up loads of NSDs! But think the CC 0% deal expires this month and still haven't followed up the PPI - a huge envelope from the Ombudsman remains unopened nearly two weeks after it arrived. :(

Kick up the derrière time? :o
  • missrlr
    missrlr Posts: 2,192 Forumite
    Options
    Hum ok here you are:

BOOT UP YER BUM GET ON WITH IT!!!

you will feel better sorting that stuff out.

If the car doesn't suit your needs say no, it is only an offer. However if it hits needs but is different and you can drive it ok without issue .....

CD does make me smile , lizard torturing bless her!
    Start info Dec11 :eek:
    H@lifax [STRIKE]£13813.45[/STRIKE] paid Sep14 paid 23 months early :T
    Mortgage [STRIKE]£206400[/STRIKE] :eek: £199750 Mortgage £112500
    B@rclays £[STRIKE]25000[/STRIKE] paid 4 years 5 months early. S@ntander £[STRIKE]9300[/STRIKE] paid 2 years 2 months early
    2013 8lb lost 2014 need to lose 14lb. Lost 4 so far!;)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    How about a kick up the bum followed by a hug?! Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • *Robin*
    edited 8 June 2013 at 1:37AM
    Options
    Hello Diary and Late-Shift-Folks, ;)
    Hum ok here you are:

BOOT UP YER BUM GET ON WITH IT!!!
    How about a kick up the bum followed by a hug?!

Missrlr and Lucky, thank you both!

..Opened the Ombudsman's letter and read the forms. Wonder how long it will take to find m' PPI policy number? :rotfl:

Today [yesterday now] suddenly got very busy. And spendy. :o
    But van has been fixed, and CD had more tests at the vet's followed by a couple of jabs (for which she's just about forgiven me :o).

We are being serenaded by live music from a party in the [dry] riverbed - here beginneth the Summer! :D
  • *Robin*
    Options
    Today is my wedding anniversary. The treat I've been looking forward to should have happened this morning - thought maybe was planned for today on purpose? - but it's been postponed due to weather conditions being less than ideal.

Feel very flat now. Especially as it turns out no-one remembered that today is another particularly poignant 'first' for me. :(
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Happy anniversary Robin. It must be very tough for you and I'm sorry no one remembered. I hope your day has got better now. Hugs, hugs and more hugs! Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Piquant_2
    Piquant_2 Posts: 5,769 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Such a very difficult day for you, so many memories of time well spent, happiness and love. It won't be easy to get through but you will find the strength from somewhere deep within yourself.

My love to you.

Piq x
    Total debt at October 2008: £67,213.30
    Total debt today: £0
    - debt and mortgage free 29th November 2013 :T
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 14
    Save £12K in 2014 - £6,521.90/£6K member 138

• grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I hope you were able to spend some of yesterday with happy thoughts about the times you shared.

Depression - one of the signs is not being able to enjoy the good things in your life. Do not judge yourself, you cannot help feeling the way you do but can do something aboutit. Hugs from me x

Lizard story made me smile x

Hope you have a good day today

Granny x
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport