PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Toilet Roll

Options

Comments

• MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    FatVonD wrote: »
    Value baby wipes in our house though in the last 6 months they've gone up from 18p to 49p :eek: so I'm not sure if it is (or ever has been) more economical but I can't stand the idea of wiping my butt with a piece of paper. Seriously, if you got poo on your hand (changing a nappy for example) would you wipe it with a bit of dry tissue and think it was clean??!

I don't feel clean with paper anymore either.
  • mttylad
    mttylad Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Get a bidet then.

One with an air blower.
  • cleggie
    cleggie Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    edited 31 July 2011 at 11:28AM
    Options
    Dont know if its been mentioned already, but Farmfoods do brilliant quilted 3 ply toilet roll, 2 packs of 4 for £2. Someone told me about it on another money saving site, as i refused to buy anything except Andrex quilted and she swore it was just as good, just cheaper. She was right, its just the same!
  • SilverBird_2
    Options
    If you're buying the Nicky toilet rolls, make sure you buy the 3 ply ones. I buy these in Farmfoods, 9 rolls for £2.

(Bought some earlier in the year from another shop and didn't notice that they were only 2 ply.)
    #Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain #We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us #If you focus on what you have left behind, you will never see what lies ahead - Gusteau/RatatouilleGC 2022: £0/£2,500 total spend
  • anguk
    anguk Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    I buy mine in bulk from Makro when they've got it on special offer (at the moment they've got 36 rolls of Triple Velvet for about £9) but I also buy Tesco value baby wipes to use for number 2s. :D
    Dum Spiro Spero
  • MissShoes
    MissShoes Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Reduce how much you use and buy in bulk so the savings are bigger- that's my way. HTH.
    • DFD 4th July 2015
    • MFD 1st October 2021
  • Ben84
    Ben84 Posts: 3,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just don't see the point in reusable cloths. Our household of four adults uses about 3-4 rolls a week of co-op brand, which I always buy on offer. Rough calculation shows that's about £1 total cost a week. There are costs to using cloths, electric and washing powder, but even if my loo paper costs could totally vanish, I wouldn't swap. For about £1 a week I'd rather flush it and forget about it.
  • mathsmaster
    mathsmaster Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The bloke I used to work with always said 3 sheets per visit were sufficient - 1 to wipe up, 1 to wipe down and 1 to polish. I never knew if he was joking or not! :D
    "You're never beaten until you admit it."
  • sharloid
    sharloid Posts: 421 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know of any good offers at the moment? Last time I bought 36 rolls for about £8 in Asda, but not it's £7 for only 24! :(
  • gillypkk
    gillypkk Posts: 581 Forumite
    Options
    those who say they use baby wipes are aware that they are not flushable and dont degrade and will end up clogging the drains and leaving you and your neighbours with a very messy smelly problem which can be very very expensive to sort arent you?
    Countdown to Discharge Is On!

BSC Member 346 :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family