How Do You Know They Love You?

Options

Comments

• annie_d
    annie_d Posts: 933 Forumite
    Options
    Oh what a wonderful post!!!!!

I just mentioned it to D..he said....Cos i ask you to come on the settee with me every night and every night you say no. tell them that.

I dont know how i know. I had an 8 year marriage knowing i wasn't loved and i didn't love him. Horrendous. We tried "for the sake of the children" What a mistake.

I have been with this man 15 years now...married for 12....i dont know but i feel loved.
  • meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    Options
    zaxdog wrote: »
    Love it Meritaten!!!!!

Thing is we get loads of the "sold a garage in Chelsea and bought some land so now you are all my serfs" types. You know the ones, all kitted out in Barbour and Hunter wellies. They got very confused when our car turns up and the pony tailed Mr Zaxdog, the goth me and Rax the lurcher pile out with nary a twinset in site :D

When they hear my accent I can see their wee brains start to implode :rotfl:

and when you say 'Pleased to meet you - I am Lady Zaxdog' it must feel sooooooooooooo GOOD!
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    DH always knows before I do when the trains are up the spout and texts me to tell me to leave work early :)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Brallaqueen
    Brallaqueen Posts: 1,355 Forumite
    edited 2 November 2014 at 11:23PM
    Options
    Many, many instances because I am a very lucky lady, but the one that stands out currently is:

He held my hand and told me how brave I was when the doctor inserted the Mirena coil.
    Emergency savings: 4600
    0% Credit card: 1965.00
  • spender
    spender Posts: 1,157 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just know, sounds stupid but I just know.............
    Even after numerous years I rather be in his company than anyone else's and above all the laughter over stupid things, the roll over and cuddle in the night....... wanting to tell each other our "news" whether stupid or minor or serious first. Teamwork without speaking, holding hands in public (much to the teenagers disgust), planning our outings together when the kids are grown up. Occasional nights away in an hotel so we can be husband and wife not mum, dad, brother, sister etc.
    Never being the non speaking couple in restaurants cos we always find something to speak about, healthy debate, the occasional disagreement, the occasional days when we both need our space, the more frequent days when we don't need our space and want to be together 24/7.... the list goes on and on.
    Above all the shared history, the ups (more frequent) the downs of marriage and a belief that things should be fixed instead of running to the divorce courts at the first hint of trouble (and yes I have been divorced before when it was right to do so for private reasons)
    No Matter what you do there will be critics.
  • fairy_lights
    Options
    I can say something really vague like "oh you know, the thing" and he will understand exactly what I'm talking about.
    If I've had a bad day he will bake me a cake.
    When my social anxiety flares up and I can't face being around people he doesn't bat an eyelid, other men might run a mile but he is always so supportive.
    And most importantly of all...he lets me pluck his eyebrows. He makes a lot of fuss but I don't think he would tolerate it at all unless he thought I was a keeper!
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My wife's a keeper.

almaparkzoo-primate-keeper-emma-morgan-6.jpg

A zoo keeper
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I think probably lifting me in and out of the shower when my back is really bad and when he washed my hair for me when I had a big dressing on my tummy that I couldn't get wet.
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • PenguinJim
    Options
    My wife's a keeper.

almaparkzoo-primate-keeper-emma-morgan-6.jpg

Which one is she?
    Q: What kind of discussions aren't allowed?
    A: It goes without saying that this site's about MoneySaving.

Q: Why are some Board Guides sometimes unpleasant?
    A: We very much hope this isn't the case. But if it is, please make sure you report this, as you would any other forum user's posts, to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
  • FBaby
    FBaby Posts: 18,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know my OH loves me when although pretending to be a tough boy, he is the most affectionate partner. He will text me totally randomly to tell me he loves me, he will come and find me in another room just to hug me and say he loves me, and if he stays overnight for work, he will leave me lovely notes by the pillow. He will take so much energy getting me birthday presents, start shopping weeks before.

All this of course without mentioning all the other things like telling me I am beautiful all the time, that he is proud of me, listening to my moan, and I could go on and on.... I am massively lucky to have him as my husband.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure