DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 10

Options

Comments

• sunnyskies2
    sunnyskies2 Posts: 160 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey Kate - if you're out there I hope the return to work was ok and you've settled back in nicely:)... If going back to work can be nice:/

Sarah
    LBM - 1 May 2014
  • Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    drhuxtable wrote: »
    Thanks puzz that's good advice also. Sc have 99% of the debts list but they need a couple of acc nums plus I haven't declared the amigo loan.
    I haven't signed yet but I have a client number. Going to take all this good info away and act.

Question with each auto payment off my debit card, to cancel do you have to inform the bank and each of the creditors? I think I know how to do wonga as I received an email the other day about how they are changing the way they take payments, believe there is an email address for this

Thanks you

You need to cancel CPA with both the bank and the creditor.

I think 3 months of token payments as suggested by Puzz would work perfectly to give you the breathing space to clear Amigo. You can use the SC reference number provided in your token payment letters and tell SC that you are not yet ready to start your DMP but can they keep your details on record for when you are. If you decide to go self managed, you can just tell them then.

Stick around on this thread for advice, help and support. Check out my signature for the mess we were in and you will see how much this works.

TTFTM x
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • TimeToDoIt
    TimeToDoIt Posts: 220 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi all

Looking for some advice please.

I'm meant to be starting my DMP journey on 1 July. Barclays (who I have a current account with a 250.00 overdraft) have been made aware by stepchange. StepchNge wrote to me to advise that despite the overdrawn account, Barclays would open a basic account for me and that this was safe.

Today I have received a "Termination Notice" from Barclays re the 250.00 overdrawn account demanding payment in full on 30 June otherwise they might pass it to collectors to take further action.

Should I be worried :-/
    ~~I am debt free~~
  • Sazzie23
    Sazzie23 Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Post of the Month
    Options
    drhuxtable wrote: »
    Thanks puzz that's good advice also. Sc have 99% of the debts list but they need a couple of acc nums plus I haven't declared the amigo loan.
    I haven't signed yet but I have a client number. Going to take all this good info away and act.

Question with each auto payment off my debit card, to cancel do you have to inform the bank and each of the creditors? I think I know how to do wonga as I received an email the other day about how they are changing the way they take payments, believe there is an email address for this

Thanks you
    Evening all,

Just a note which Dr H might find useful, have been on DMP for about 18 months now with SC. I have a loan which I did not declare to stepchange, mainly because I got confused and left it off. I have been fortunate enough to earn overtime each month and therefore been able to pay the repayments. It has never been queried by SC or anyone else. Obviously I still pay full interest on the loan but it was at a reasonable rate, in. Fact less than some of my CC are still charging. I know I could have back dated it to SC but it kinda gives me satisfaction that I am paying something off for myself. The loan repayment will complete long before the rest of the DMP.

I don't in any way want to encourage anyone to be less than truthful with SC or anyone else (and I think being honest with partners is a must really), but I just wanted to say it might be doable with amigo in some way. Obviously no guarantees it will work the same way for you though.

Hope it helps

This thread is hot stuff at the moment, thanks to all who contribute
    Debt -it's a fight that I'm winning, dealing with debt one day at a time.
    Estimated DFD August 2018 - 2031 - now 2027 :T

Guide dog Tess, missing Scotland 2 years

DMP support no438.
  • TimeToDoIt
    TimeToDoIt Posts: 220 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Also, has anyone ever had a creditor reject the DMP and petition for their bky instead?? I am so worried that this is going to happen now.

I really don't know if I'm doing the right thing :((
    ~~I am debt free~~
  • Heady_Tulip
    Heady_Tulip Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi
    I hope someone can help me here as I am now getting frantic. I started a DMP with One Debt Solution in 2006 paying in money every month. I've maintained these payments for years with them until, out of sheer frustration at what appeared to be their lack of activity on my account, I stopped making payments and threatened them with the financial ombudsman. At this point I had assurances from them to settle debts etc. I repeatedly requested details of my account, payments in and out and the fees they were applying. Receiving only partial information which appeared to change depending upon whom I spoke to. I finally seemed to get through to a Customer Manager who agree to sort things out and get back to me. Two weeks later I received a letter informing me that my account had been assigned to General Recoveries and a standard letter welcoming me to the company. I started the frustrating complaint all over again, but this time seemed to be getting more information from the Customer Relations Manager . They sent me details of the amounts I owed and the payments I had made (over £10K) but still had no action on the account despite agreeing that they would settle some of the debts immediately. After 4 weeks of chasing I rang their help line again two weeks ago only to hear a recorded message that General Recoveries had now been taken over by Kensington Finance and was then automatically passed through to them. The people at Kensington were very happy to take over the DMP but pointed out that they had no knowledge of the money already paid and that this was not part of their service. I am now stuck with a DMP that seems to be back at square one and am missing £10,000 I've tried contacting General Recoveries but all the numbers I have no longer work. I have written and emailed with no response. One Debt Solution have gone into Liquidation and I have no idea what has happend to my money.
    Please can anyone advise me what I should do, I can't believe that after all this time paying in the money is lost, I could scream!!!
  • Growurown
    Growurown Posts: 5,498 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi Heady Tulip, so sorry to hear about your situation. I don't know what to suggest really apart from getting some proper legal advice. Do you have any idea of what you owe and to whom? Can you contact the creditors individually to see what your balances are? I would also suggest that if you are paying Kensington fees to manage your DMP to move to one of the free providers so that all your money is going towards your debts from now on.

Sorry I can't be of more help, hopefully there will be someone else along soon who can give more advice.
    DMP Mutual Support Thread No. 421

Debt free date 25/11/2015 - Made It!
  • sunnyskies2
    sunnyskies2 Posts: 160 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Heady Tulip, very sorry to hear your predicament.

I'm afraid I am unable to offer any advice, apart from maybe re-post on the main debt free wannabe board as more 'passing traffic' and perhaps someone will have some advice there. Good luck.
    LBM - 1 May 2014
  • Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    Hi
    I hope someone can help me here as I am now getting frantic. I started a DMP with One Debt Solution in 2006 paying in money every month. I've maintained these payments for years with them until, out of sheer frustration at what appeared to be their lack of activity on my account, I stopped making payments and threatened them with the financial ombudsman. At this point I had assurances from them to settle debts etc. I repeatedly requested details of my account, payments in and out and the fees they were applying. Receiving only partial information which appeared to change depending upon whom I spoke to. I finally seemed to get through to a Customer Manager who agree to sort things out and get back to me. Two weeks later I received a letter informing me that my account had been assigned to General Recoveries and a standard letter welcoming me to the company. I started the frustrating complaint all over again, but this time seemed to be getting more information from the Customer Relations Manager . They sent me details of the amounts I owed and the payments I had made (over £10K) but still had no action on the account despite agreeing that they would settle some of the debts immediately. After 4 weeks of chasing I rang their help line again two weeks ago only to hear a recorded message that General Recoveries had now been taken over by Kensington Finance and was then automatically passed through to them. The people at Kensington were very happy to take over the DMP but pointed out that they had no knowledge of the money already paid and that this was not part of their service. I am now stuck with a DMP that seems to be back at square one and am missing £10,000 I've tried contacting General Recoveries but all the numbers I have no longer work. I have written and emailed with no response. One Debt Solution have gone into Liquidation and I have no idea what has happend to my money.
    Please can anyone advise me what I should do, I can't believe that after all this time paying in the money is lost, I could scream!!!

Am really sorry to hear about this and I think there has already been threadson the main DFW thread about this company. Check these out:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4359291&highlight=one+debt+solution

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4830809

It looks like they may have gone into liquidation in January :(
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • FuzzyDF
    FuzzyDF Posts: 147 Forumite
    Options
    TimeToDoIt wrote: »
    Also, has anyone ever had a creditor reject the DMP and petition for their bky instead?? I am so worried that this is going to happen now.

I really don't know if I'm doing the right thing :((

I was very worried about this too. Think I must have asked SC, ND and even The Samaritans at my lowest point. They all said that it was highly unlikely (my only asset is a £6K car which is depreciating rapidly).

I believe that SC have to add that "there is a small possibility" of this happening as they have to cover themselves.

These first few months might be bumpy for us as we're just starting out, but our new friends on this thread will be there to support us as they're lovely.

I'm just going to have to change my mind set from "what if such and such happens" to "so what if that happens". I won't allow the predators to make me ill and stressed again.

Hang on in there and give SC a ring for some further reassurance x
    LBM 2 June 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family