No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in January 2015

Options

Comments

• Sundaysgirl
    Sundaysgirl Posts: 1,096 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Welcome asajj! No need to do a list, or publish it (I do one but too ashamed to publish it!), whatever works for you.
    MFW 2017 #123 2018: £1,852.64/£39,200 (4.7%)
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Welcome asajj.
    A few INs today - I signed up to a beauty panel to test face wipes for fun. I thought I might get one or two wipes per brand but I've been sent whole packs. A nice win (as only 10 of us were successful) but it has added to my stash! Here they are:

Olay Essentials Wet Cleansing Wipes
    Tesco Cleansing Facial Wipes
    Pro Formula Hydrating Cleaning Wipes
    Simple Kind To Skin Radiance Brightening Wipes
    Nivea Daily Essentials Sensitive Cleansing Wipes

Would be interested in reading what you think of each of these and how they compare to each other. The only ones that I buy for Emma to use are the Simple Oil Balancing ones. I did use them when we were away last as I was being lazy at make up removal and found them really good. Was surprised that my face did not fall off as intimated by the beauty presenters on QVC!!
    dolly84 wrote: »

Repainted my nails last night in Essie Tea and Crumpets - what a fab name. It is a pearlescent champagne colour. I've started buffing my nails with one of those 3 way buffers and my polish seems to be staying on better, I just do it once a week when I do a proper manicure.

Have just googled that colour and it does look lovely. I don't particularly like pearlescent colours on my hands though - they just don't look right. Be careful not to buff too often as I really weakened my nails once by overbuffing.

Suidreams - take care and come back when you can. x
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • aintshesweet
    Options
    It might be the case for some shampoos, but I've been using the big Tresemme shampoo and conditioners for 3 or 4 years (with the occasional break i.e. when on holiday) and my hair has always been fine!

What are you currently using?

I rotate between Redken Scalp Relief shampoo, Body Shop Rainforest shampoo and conditioner, and the odd wash with John Frieda silver shampoo (I have some old highlights in my hair). I also need to use Nizoral a couple of times regardless because of my scalp problems.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Welcome asajj! No need to do a list, or publish it (I do one but too ashamed to publish it!), whatever works for you.

Thank you , after my first post I have had a look and decided I'm ashamed to publish such a list too :p
    ally.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome asaja

Just had a small UU a sample tube of lancome lip plumping balm, I seem to have had it forever!
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I have an IN to declare

Finally made it to Mr S, so now have a 100g tub of baby talc for my gym kit

Not very frugal as the 200g is the same price (or even 1p cheaper!) at most stores, but I wanted a small tub for lugging around. And it was £1 in Mr S, £1.10 in B00ts, and £1.20 in S/drugs - so I got it for the cheapest price I could find it at. When it's empty (at some point in the distant future) I plan to try prising the top off to refill it from the baby talc stocks I have (in large tubs).
    Cheryl
  • lankygirl20
    Options
    Still no INs so feeling pretty chuffed with myself :)
    two UUs though:

Lush Rub Rub Rub sample - WNBA. Too scrubby for me (I am a sensitive soul in this regard!)

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish 100ml - WDBA. love how easily this removes makeup and leaves my face feeling super soft. Got a few more of the smaller sizes left in my stash so will be busting those out once I've got rid of some of my more unfavourable face washes.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Decided to TA a product tonight:

Kiehls Ultra Facial Cleanser 75ml: I can't express how much I hate this product and wish I'd never bought it! Gloopy, thick and sticky consistency which I think has made me break out in spots. Tried my best to and use it up faster but I couldn't bare another application so out it went!
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Just realised I actually had TWO items to declare as INs today

the baby talc (declared a few posts back)
    and
    a tub of cold pressed coconut oil, which was recommended on another thread for helping with bad nails (growing after 40+ years of being bitten, but split as soon as they're showing a halfway decent white tip). Decided it had to be worth a try, and at least if I don't think it helps I can move it to my grocery stocks for cooking with ;)
    Cheryl
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    A UU. 200ml Avon Naturals Cranberry and Cinnamon Hand and Body Lotion.
    Can't buy this anymore - it was from 2012, I think, possibly early 2013. A really nice fruity, spicy scent that I enjoyed using. It's definitely a winter scent rather than a summer one.
    Still have the Aldi red Dove lookey likey to use up, - this is incredible value - and have the Dove shower cream to use with this too.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure