🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in January 2015

Options

Comments

• Willowbee
    Willowbee Posts: 713 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    cw18 wrote: »
    Just been to find the date on mine - and it doesn't appear to have one!

But I know I've not bought any in 8 years !!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • SmarterNotHarder
    Options
    Hello.

Sorry to hear Asset and Suidreams' unhappy news :(

I'm a bit late to the party this month, but I am in again and here reporting a UU

The Color Institute Foor lotion 156ml. I probably WNBA but I doubt I could aanyway. it was a bit too plastic for my liking.
  • purple-pixie
    Options
    First IN of the year:

Philosophy Pure Grace bath and shower cream.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    First IN of the year:

Philosophy Pure Grace bath and shower cream.

Ooooooh one of my favourites.

Dazedandconfused - one of the main ingredients of mouthwash is usually alcohol which is a preservative I think so should be OK, have a little taste first.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    One of me earlier posts about the discontinued but much loved (by me at least) Origins Bite Your Lips got me thinking about other beloved products which have fallen by the wayside. The main ones I still think about are:

New West Skinscent - I can't tell you how much I loved this and even 15+ years later I am still so sad I can't get it.

Rimmel Raspberry Nail Polish - no other ones have been as perfect as this was.

Boots Peppermint and Nutmeg Sleep Easy Bubble Bath - this one I will never get over.

Does anyone else have products that they know they can't get but never stop searching for?
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • MrsRogers
    MrsRogers Posts: 631 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi all

I seriously need to get my cosmetic purchasing craziness under control and start using up what I have.

Aside from core products ie toothpaste & deodorant I don't think I act need to buy any toiletries for years!!

Some of your lists are helping me realise I'm not the only one :rotfl: thank God!!!!!!

I am going to have a sort out... As one poster suggested I might even look up women's refuges near buy and donate. Do you know if the take opened items?
    Goal - We want to be mortgages free :j

I Quit Smoking March 2010 :T
  • ma-ri-ella
    Options
    So I ended up getting quite a few things in boots today (spent £47.56 over 3 transactions ,saved 33.06 on rrp and gained 1748 boots points)
    Got a few essentials that I needed like a 4 pack of toothbrush heads for 12.66 instead of the retail 18.99 and my aussie deep conditioner treatment was on 3 for 10 with 500 points back.
    non essentials
    soap and glory la la set
    ORANGEASM™ Body Wash 250ml
    • ORANGEASM™ Super Tonic Fragrance Spray 100ml
    • ORANGEASM™ Body Butter 50ml - I had a coupon but it didn't work so they reduced the product by the euro amount (instead of the pound amount) then the 1/2 price kicked in so I paid £2.50 :)
    soap and glory clean get away kit
    natural collection clear nailpolish
    sanctuary spa scrub bar

interestingly my 3 aussie,sanctuary spa scrub bar and nailpolish and an aussie satchet came to £10.38 altogether... the offers you load to your card seem to work well with vouchers they send through the post.not that I mean to enable but if your going to buy at all you may as well get it for a good price .
    £365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty?? who knows where I am
    20,000 step a day challenge
  • momobingu
    momobingu Posts: 234 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    MrsRogers wrote: »
    Hi all

I seriously need to get my cosmetic purchasing craziness under control and start using up what I have.

Aside from core products ie toothpaste & deodorant I don't think I act need to buy any toiletries for years!!

Some of your lists are helping me realise I'm not the only one :rotfl: thank God!!!!!!

I am going to have a sort out... As one poster suggested I might even look up women's refuges near buy and donate. Do you know if the take opened items?

try give and makeup, I've sent things to them before myself, lightly used items are ok.
    No buying toiletries challenge
    2015: 1348 UU's & GA's
    2016: 649
  • momobingu
    momobingu Posts: 234 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    One weekend UU:

Lush sweetie pie shower jelly - I loved the smell, but it kept slipping out of my hand, wnba
    No buying toiletries challenge
    2015: 1348 UU's & GA's
    2016: 649
  • lankygirl20
    Options
    momobingu wrote: »
    One weekend UU:

Lush sweetie pie shower jelly - I loved the smell, but it kept slipping out of my hand, wnba

Did you try using it with a shower puffy thing? either rubbing the shower puff along the top or the tub or by cutting it into tiny chunks and then squashing it in the puff?

Probably sound a little mad but it works so well like that. Better lather and no problem with it slipping out of your hands! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport