PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mhagster - thinking of your and your H, sending lots of positive vibes his way and hope that all goes well on Thursday xxxx
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mhagster - thinking of you and your family.

1. Finding some redbush tea in the cupboard and deciding to try it after all the comments on here and really enjoying it.

2. Easy tea from freezer made quickly as DS2 wanted takeaway pizza.

3. Walking my dog it was cold but lovely sunrise

4. Better day at work than I thought it would be, A collegue complained less than normal.

5. DS2 managing to put yoghurt pots in the bin without being asked!
  • Fervent37
    Fervent37 Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    mhagster wrote: »
    Hello, operation eve here!

1. Chat to sister when I was wide awake at 4.30am.
    2. Nice drive to work, saw my hot air balloons , a beautiful sunrise and my noisy parrots .
    3. Being given a beautiful bunch of crimson gerbera from 2 customers.
    4. I think we will have chilli con carne for tea.
    5. A sneaky one from yesterday , watched casualty.

There managed 5, not bad considering ... Keep me in your thoughts please, by the time you wake up on Thursday it should hopefully be well on the way to being over, 9 hours or so of surgery is required, so will be a long day. I pray for the medical team , for steady hand and stamina.

mhagster will be thinking about you and sending positive thoughts to all involved. Keep strong
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mhagster, your hubby and family are in my prayers x
  • hakeber
    hakeber Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    heres 5

1 Listening to my eldest read under a fleecy blanket with a cup of tea.
    2 Everything is green outside because of the rain.
    3 been walking a lot more.
    4 chocolate biscuits at church council meeting.
    5 have booked to go away with my parents without O.H so we can save his holiday dates for another time = extra holidays and saves us paying for another adult.
    bek
    :j
  • beachbaby_2
    beachbaby_2 Posts: 193 Forumite
    Options
    Just dropping by to wish you and your family all the very best Mhagster. You are in my thoughts. XX
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,189 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Best wishes to MHagster and family. I hope it all goes smoothly.
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,048 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MHagster: Thinking of you and your family.

Today has been odd on the job search front, the job I so wanted, phoned to say they have cut the rate by 50%, was I still interested, bearing in mind it’s also 3 hours travel I said no. I then had a call of a company directly that had seen my CV online, they have a permanent role that sounds interesting and when I got the details on email it looks a good match and not a bad salary, well I don’t think it is. They have said they will set something up for when I am back from holiday so who knows.

1.I got up early a strange pleasure but feels like I’ve achieved lots.
    2. Tidied up a vast amount, trying to make the place as clean as possible before we head off as it’s lovely to come back to a nice clean/tidyish place, is that daft?:o
    3.The mortgage company sent me a letter saying my interest rate is going down, but my payments are going up, yet another call to them to find out what farcical thing they are up to, they have been bought out by a bank I really dislike beginning with B. So my mortgage product has moved to them and the first thing they do is mess it up. All fixed now, paying £15 less per month, but I don’t trust them I am sure there will be something sneaky going on. Anyway it’s a pleasure saving £15.;)
    4. Ran some errands,with DH as taxi, but it worked well we didn’t need to stop and park.
    5. Looking forward to what I think might be the first food shop of April tonight, boy do we need it, but still hoping to keep it low £.:)
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Mhagster, praying for you all, keeping the candle burning

God bless
    Sparrer x
  • Chickenopolis
    Chickenopolis Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening all!

mhagster -you and your family are in my thoughts x

PK - enjoy your holiday , I hope the weather perks up for you, as you say at least you will have a tidy house when you get back :D No Caravan of Love this time then???

5 for today

1. OK ish day at work . Too busy to take my flexi leave though .

2. Positive phone call to another professional involved with the company that have I been visiting over the last two days . She will also visit and will keep the lines of communication open, as the company cannot afford to slip .

3.Realising that I get more managerial support and guidance from another separate team . I just "click" with this team - I need to work there I think , don't fancy doing a Masters though.

4.Just scoffed macaroni cheese - yum :)

5.Two of the hens limboed under the fenced off grass , I have no idea how they do it !

Have a good evening all!
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure