PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Preparedness for when

Options

Comments

• westcoastscot
    Options
    Bedsit_Bob wrote: »
    I trust everyone on this thread has a MANUAL tin opener? :)

is there any other sort?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    There most definitely is another sort.
    89c1f03d-0a1a-4d69-ac95-ede9f2c4f06f.jpg
    And you would feel a right pratt, trying to use one of those in a power cut. :p
  • ALIBOBSY
    ALIBOBSY Posts: 4,527 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ali, have you checked to see if you qualify for the warm home Discount?

I am no where near old enough lol.

Ali x
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

• armyknife
    armyknife Posts: 596 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Bedsit_Bob wrote: »
    I trust everyone on this thread has a MANUAL tin opener? :)

Yes, I have a man who drives around whenever I need help with particularly pesky cans; coincidentally his name is Manuel, but he hails from the Basque country.
  • westcoastscot
    Options
    Amazing what you can spend your money on eh?

shame on you armyknife I snorted my tea :-)
  • ALIBOBSY
    ALIBOBSY Posts: 4,527 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Didn't end up using my own heating as my asthma worsened and I ended up in the back of an ambulance and being keep warm at my local hospital :(.

After numerous heart tests/chest xrays/blood tests and a couple of nebulizers and oxygen ended up back home in the early hours.

Better than I was when the ambulance had to be called, but still feeling really rough and very shaky from the high dose steroids I am currently on. Hopefully won't get another really bad attack and the antibiotics will kick in.

Not had a bad attack like that for many years, so was a bit scary.

The younger 3 children have been at mum's for most of the day. They came home for their nighties at tea time then went back, the 10 and 5 yr old are having a "sleepover". The 3 yr old asked to stay at first, but I really can't see she will and last time in the summer she ended up crying and coming home at 11pm. But she wanted to have a bath with her big sisters and OH has gone to get her now, so hopefully she will drop straight off as its a late night for her.

Ali x
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

• COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    We got into the habbit of buying the coal from the garage, when we only had enough spare cash to buy one or two bags..

We only have the fire going now when its really cold.. as we find the house holds the heat for a day or two after the fire goes out. I think it will be the same up at the ranch ( the smallholding we are slowing doing up).
    Work to live= not live to work
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    Alibobsy.... that must have been frieghtening..
    Work to live= not live to work
  • bluebag
    bluebag Posts: 2,450 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    Our coal was up yesterday WCS , 50p a bag. Faster than the speed of light lol.
    I pay £20 a month for elect to Co-op Energy, but my coal bill is £72 a fortnight!

Good grief! I will never moan about my gas bill again. £72 !!! I haven't had a coal fire since I was a little, little girl, vague memories of my 3 bob a bag.
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know where I can get one of the curtain poles that move with the door?

I use my summer t-shirts as a layer in winter. Got thermals for OH for his work (£8 in Mr A's).
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure