PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Millie2008_2
    Millie2008_2 Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How are all the Dads doing today? Frith- is he more comfortable now he's in the hospital?

Luvvie, yes stay :D I am sorry to hear that you have been poorly xx I have been ill this past year or so with some sort of autoimmune inflammatory problem and it is a pain (literally!!)
    I have a little bit of a button "problem" - I don't sew, but I make jewellery and cards with them :)

Old Tractor- how is the pooter now? Missing your updates xx

Rubbish morning here, friend has let me down quite badly yet again. Not sure why I bother sometimes but I love her most of the time. Have had to walk away from my phone before I text something I will regret!!

Just finished another lot of marking (woop!) and have decided to leave it now over the weekend as I am feeling rather stale! So I just sat in the garden for 10 min with a cup of tea and watched the bunnies play and GSD watching "rabbit TV". Off to see the girls now, apparently they are filthy, so in a couple of hours time, they will be clean and I will be filthy. C'est la vie!

Billy Connolly tonight- I hope he doesn't have another of his strops and storm off stage!! :eek:

Hugs, as ever to anyone in need xx
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,187 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you, all Dad-watchers. I shall be visiting him from 7-8 this evening. Mum saw him this afternoon and says he is sitting up, eating etc but his temperature is very high. He has to have the antibiotics IV for 3 days then they'll see if he can handle just tablets and he can go home.

5 for today so far as I can imagine it descending into chaos later!

1) Not a bad sleep, considering.

2) Tidied the house.

3) Sainsburys run without children.

4) Have prepared a tasty tea - roast chicken (now cooling), pasta salad, green salad and some giraffe bread (formerly known as tiger bread).

5) OH and his sons coming for a sleepover.

6) OH babysitting all 4 boys while I go and see my Dad (Muhahahahaha!)
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,245 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    well it's now Saturday here, (still very early) I fell asleep reading this last night before I even posted!

Friday:
    1.Hurrah that it was Friday! Had a very busy working week but a very productive one. Felt like I'd done an honest days work everyday!
    2.Left on time! Came home & got tidied up a bit, cleaned bathrooms & kitchen.
    3.Good chat with DD2, she's had a problem with some girls in her class so she went to year head & spoke to her about it, so hopefully it will resolve. I admire her bravery x
    4.Going out on a hot date with my husband, he has been a bit poorly over the past month so was good to go out for a while & have a good catch up with each other (now I'm back to early starts)
    5.Home & watched Glee! I do love it!

For today , it's DD2's 12th birthday so I'm just about to get up & make her cake, she has friend's coming round(nice ones!) and they are going to the cinema this afternoon (with my reduced tickets!). All her gifts had been bought in the sales.....wee soul, every year they are bought in the post Christmas sales!

• Chickenopolis
    Chickenopolis Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening all !

Luvvie - Now we have you ,we won't let you leave this thread ! :)

Frith - Fingers crossed that your Dad's temperature goes down and that they will let him home.

Millie - I feel too young for M &S (taking care how I type these two letters:rotfl:)stuff even the bras are too grown up for me and I am nearly 43 :) Enjoy The Big Yin x

5 for today

1. Woke up thinking and feeling that my big toe was painful and infected and the weight of the duvet was excruciating, weird dream. It was fine :o just a vivid dream.

2. Day off :)

3. OH brought me some croissants in bed.

4. Went in to town and spent my M&S vouchers on food !! Rtc chinese take away box" and some fillet steak (Gem you are welcome!!). Got 10% off of Cha*el Blue aftershave just for turning my nose up at the price - I didn't even speak!

5. OH got a cash and carry card so went to Bookers and made a mental note of savings that can be made - like tubs of sweets :o . I ate so many today that my jaw hurts :)

Have a lovely evening all!
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • Ladyhawk
    Ladyhawk Posts: 2,064 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all,

Been to Dublin and back today... it was a very tiring trip but I think it was successful.

1) NSD... can I claim a NSD as well as I got a taxi to the airport, and a bus to to the office? All claimed back on expenses?

2) My irish colleague took me to a local Thai place for lunch

3) The flight back was very full and I ended up sitting next to a lovely young chat who works for M and S. We had a lovely chat and it turns out he doesn't live to far from me. I am toying with stalking him on linked in.

4) Had a glass of wine on the plane back which was surprisingly good

5) Its the WEEKEND!!!!

6) http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3826297 :rotfl:

Have a great weekend

L
    Man plans and God laughs...
    Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry. But by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it introduces the idea that if we try to understand each other, we may even become friends.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,920 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ladyhawk wrote: »

1) NSD... can I claim a NSD as well as I got a taxi to the airport, and a bus to to the office? All claimed back on expenses?
    [\QUOTE]
    defo. If it doesnt come out of personal money i count it as a NSD ditto SOs and DDs or i'd never get any :rotfl:
    Ladyhawk wrote: »
    2) My irish colleague took me to a local Thai place for lunch
    Was that the very narrow one where you sit on cushions? Went there years back with ex-colleague who gave me #3 below

1) said goodbye to friend from cambridge. We've had a fab 4 days
    2) teaching - i only do one morning a week but it's a real fillip
    3) when i got into work there was a bottle of wine waiting for me. Thank-you from ex colleague whose ceilidh band i did a charity gig with last week
    4) had unexpected long meeting straight after teaching :( but admin felt sorry for me and got a sarnie in (meeting rescheduled when i was on annual leave) -egg mayo, my fave:j
    5) DD2 and BF back from uni for w/e :beer:
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Love your No.6 Ladyhawk, I'm nodding in agreement with some of them that I've done once or twice myself :)

Frith - glad daddio's responding well and also very glad OH is over so hopefully you can chat about things once all the gazillion boys are in bed!

1. Received Qu1dco cashback money I've been waiting months for

2. Spent double the amount on a new vacuum cleaner that was half price at Arg0s

3. Unpacked more boxes and have more junk to ditch as I'm realising that cupboards are going to get full up with tut otherwise.....

4. Good if very busy day at work, I don't usually go in on a Friday, but am glad I did

5. Managed to change a few more subscription addresses to our new place

6. A lovely new neighbour popped over to introduce himself

7. DD and I 'made' (using readymade bases) pizza for dinner

8. My new cooker (left by the previous owner and I was told it was a bit rubbish) cooked the pizzas perfectly, hoorah as I can't afford a new one for a while!

9. Decided that we will be warm rather than our usual putting on jumpers etc, as (a) I've already paid for the oil in the tank so will use it :) and (b) I've got a horrible cold which I need to shift before Monday or I won't be allowed to have my operation!!!

10. Looking forward to an early night..........now!
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all

Been missing for a couple of nights, but back now.

1. Had an early start this morning and saw some beautiful scenery on the way to work, with wispy low lying fog.
    2. DS2 woke up unwell, but is on the mend now.
    3. Tinned tomatoes on toast for lunch. I'd forgotten how much I like them.
    4. Had a good day at work today and it's the weekend. :D
    5. Bed with kindle and music on youtube in a minute. DH is away for the weekend, so nobody sulking if I don't wait up.

Got a busy weekend ahead, so the 5-a-day shouldn't be a problem.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,920 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Kittikins wrote: »
    7. DD and I 'made' (using readymade bases) pizza for dinner

Just come across a site that calls that a fakeaway:D
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    NSD/NPD & WFH.
    Got through to the hosp and they love dad, ahh he’s doing ok, we still can’t visit as very lergied.
    All food today was from the freezer, yellow stickies.
    Got around to writing a few letters to sort stuff out.
    Catching up with DB on email as can’t talk to long with the lergy. Seriously considering a very hot curry as vitimins and painkillers don’t seem to be doing anything for either of us.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure