Options

Comments

• Pleut
    Pleut Posts: 535 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Thanks for replying anyway :)

UU - Lush – Honey Bee Bath Bomb
    Nice smell but probably WNBA as I feel that they're a waste of money when you only get one use out of them. I usually bash them against the bath to break them up a bit. Also: this one is yellow so you get a distinct feeling that you're bathing in a bath of wee. Not great!
    New to this money saving lark. Any tips greatly received.

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2018 - Not going well!!
  • wondercollie
    Options
    Tossed:

A Revlon photoready palette, had primer shadow and a sparkle coat. Well, I'm over 50 and this was just too much. It would have been great back in the '80s when I was a disco princess. The sparkle stuff seemed to just migrate all over. I gave it a good try but it wasn't working. I won't share eye products, so it was tossed.

A Dr. Perricone face cream. I'm ticked at this. It separated in the jar. Proof that stuff shouldn't be saved. I like his products and have decided if I ever have to purchase moisturizer again, I'm going to stick with his stuff and the Lancôme moisturizer that has a SPF in it.

Autumn is happening fast and there really is snow in the forecast.

I'm getting excited, I'll be in the UK on Friday!
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    wondercollie - there is certainly no snow forecast here, we are having gorgeous autumn weather at the moment.

I have some uu to report

Body Shop Chocomania Shower Gel 60ml, this was DD's shower gel and she liked it, we have a full size in the stash so no need to buy at the moment.

Elizabeth Arden Prevage Serum - this was a gwp size and it was very nice to apply but the sample was too small to see whether it did any good or not.

Molton Brown Relaxing Yuan Zhi Bath & Shower Gel 50ml - WNBA, not my favourite MB scent.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • FizzWhizz
    Options
    Hola Beauty Queens :wave:

Just a little bit of house keeping, my progress is slow this month but I am plugging away :)

UU Couture La La and Prada Candy perfume samples, WNB either of these, they weren't horrible but didn't do anything for me either.

TA Estee Lauder Wood Mystique sample; this is apparently a unisex fragrance but it smells like aftershave to me and a pretty manky one at that. Google tells me it smells strongly of oud, I don't even know what that is but it stinks :) DH baulked at using it up too so in the bin it goes. FLING!

I have also chucked a couple of eye shadows and a Maybelline colour tattoo which had dried up, but I don't count these in my totals.

My skin has calmed down a bit, the last of the massive spots I developed on hols is finally dying down but the grey stache and patches on my cheeks are still going strong :( Googling has turned up melasma, which could be hormone-based, so debating whether to make a doctor's appointment to have my levels checked. I'm having better luck in covering it with a slightly darker foundation, the concealer I had been using was too light and just made it look greyer and more obvious. So that's a small silver lining :)

My sister is coming to visit me this weekend :) I haven't seen her in a year so I'm VERY excited :D She's catching the train with my two nieces so to save space in their suitcases and the extra weight, they'll be using all my shampoo, condish, shower gels etc whilst they're here. Every little helps ;)
  • wondercollie
    Options
    FizzWhizz, it's good to share and will earn you points for when you have an accidental slip.

It's snowing as I type. I heard my first son say a few choice words at 0615 when he was getting ready for work and they weren't what a Mum wants to hear.

It's supposed to go back up to 17C by Friday, so I don't know.

Had a mini cull yesterday and tossed out a L'Oreal lip product that I just didn't like. One of those paint on the long lasting gloss and then use the moisture stick all day to keep it shiny. Dried out the lips no end.

Then tossed two lancome pencils, you know those tiny ones that come in the palettes they sell in duty frees. I just couldn't sharpen either one without the point falling off. Life is too short.

I've only two body washes left in the airing cupboard and having been chucking my son's forgotten about shampoos in the liquid soap dispensers. Turns out they like the smell of the new soaps!
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wondercollie, I had to smile about the "new soaps":D
    Which part(s) of the UK will you be staying in? I hope that you have a really good journey and a great time while you are here.:D

Fizzwhizz I hope that you have a great time with your family and that your skin continues to improve.

I need to start making some lists ready for my holiday starting next Sunday, food, clothes, toiletries, I am so looking forward visiting York:j
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • FizzWhizz
    Options
    FizzWhizz, it's good to share and will earn you points for when you have an accidental slip.

I'm :rotfl: at the notion my slips are "accidental", I just get fed up and think 's0d it' :D I'm very happy to share my spoils with the girls, both big and little, I have promised my sister some Rituals goodies as a belated birthday present if she likes the smell, it's quite potent so I didn't want to waste £30+ on a scrub and a body butter if she wasn't a fan. I can feel an "accidental" trip to HoF coming up ;)

Thank you maddiemay, we will have a great time together, no matter the weather, we will have buckets of cider, too many ciggies :o and chat to the wee small hours. My sister is ten years older than me (although she will stress it's actually closer to nine and a half years ;)) but we had our first children (both daughters) ten days apart so the girls are very happy to be spending the weekend together. My second niece is nestled between my two boys in age but she gets on so well with DS1, they'll have a ball. DH is taking DS2 to his first proper football game on Saturday afternoon so everyone is smiling :) I hope you have a fab time in York :) xx

DH turns 50 on Wednesday :eek: and has been a moody turd all evening. I think it weighing heavily on his mind.
  • rogueylawyer
    Options
    oh dear I have a lot of catch up on! Sticking my marker here whilst I run off to read!
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    FizzWhizz - sounds like you'll all have lots of fun.

maddiemay - I visit York quite a bit being local (ish), I love it.

I have a uu

Soap & Glory Face Soap & Clarity - This did a nice job on my skin but I hated the beads, they didn't do anything at all but they did stick to my skin and I would find the odd one hours later and for that reason I'm out.

I'm going to Boots to collect an online order this morning so I will declare it now:

In

6 x L'oreal Everpure Nourishing Hair Mask - I tried 3 different Boots, Superdrug and Sainsburys but couldn't get hold of this, they were on 3 for 2 so I am stocking up. My current pot has 2 uses left at a push, I only use it once a week but the results last several days, my hair is super shiny, really soft and frizz free but the curls stay defined and they hold too.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    ok Ive sorted out a PP list

7ml Urban Retreat Exfoliators
    7ml Clinique all about eyes eye cream
    40ml Philip Kingsley Elstizer
    50ml LE Skin repair moisturiser
    30ml Elemis PCMC
    200Ml Napa mango body butter
    200ml TBS cherry blossom body bbutter
    300ml Aussie Colour Mate shampoo
    300ml Aussie Beach mate conditioner
    118ml Laura Geller Spackle

1 down already. The Laura Geller Spackle is finished. I do love this product however I have a bottle of Make up for Professional primer to replace it. Am hoping it is as good as I remembered it being!! Since buying this in Vigo I've discovered that Amazon sell it (of course - I seem to forget that the World is a smaller place and so many US brands are easily obtainable on Amazon!) so when I need to replace this will have a little look and see which is cheaper.

Think the eye cream will be UUed later tonight too.
    maddiemay wrote: »
    I need to start making some lists ready for my holiday starting next Sunday, food, clothes, toiletries, I am so looking forward visiting York:j

Love love love York. Try and stop off at the Soap Shop while you are there. What have you got planned?
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family