IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

MINSTER PCN postal

So just to be clear this is not related to any other PCN threads i have.

MINSTER BAYWATCH - These are seriously gettng on my nerves thibking they can just go round issuing these tickets. As keeper have recieved a PCN via post. However, the strange thing is, this was not a windcreen ticket or via an ANPR camera system.

This was issued after someone(assuming a parking warden) has took pictures of the car and then issued the PCN and arrived by post. It has pictures of the car at the location it was parked,

They MINSTER have no dealing here at the location of parking and all of a sudden put some signs up recently about no parking etc. Are they allowed to do this issue a PCN this way taking photos of the car with a handheld camera device to then issue a postal PCN.?

See a copy of the letter recieved , it doesent state how long the driver was allegedly there for.
hxxps://www.dropbox.com/sh/i72y9pjn7i6wvni/AACOHcTM4O6zHeU0KITH-m0oa?dl=0

They are started to really get on my nerves and feel like hunting this warden down.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    yes they can use handheld cameras, a lot of companies using parking CEO`s do this and UKPC employees were found to be doctoring time stamps not that long ago

just appeal it same as the others you have had
  • azz007
    azz007 Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    so frustrating that they are taking away good parking areas, there are not even any yellows, single lines etc. Really annoying this. Now to avoid another PCN the driver cannot park there now!! how much appealing and fighting is one suppsoed to do.

and as it states on the letter ' vehicle parked longer than maximum period.'
    so has the driver breached their contract here?

on quick glimpse of the small measly signage it does say something about 30 minutes. this is no pay and display. this just some land near a nhs walking centre and a hairdressers where cars should be able to park.

No observation time, or issue time has been logged too. maybe i can add some further points to the BLUE appeal letter?
  • claxtome
    claxtome Posts: 628 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    They MINSTER have no dealing here at the location of parking and all of a sudden put some signs up recently about no parking etc. Are they allowed to do this issue a PCN this way taking photos of the car with a handheld camera device to then issue a postal PCN.?
    A PPC is allowed to issue a postal PCN. It is also the NTK. It is frustrating to be done in this way as potentially you could throw a crucial piece of evidence, the ticket, prior to receiving the PCN (NTK). POFA Schedule 4 2012 rules still apply but are slightly different in this scenario in terms of timings.

You say signs have recently gone up at the car park. Think I remember seeing that the BPA code of Practice mentions about changes/initial setup of signs.

NTK and PCN ->
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i72y9pjn7i6wvni/AACOHcTM4O6zHeU0KITH-m0oa?dl=0
  • Redx
    all land in this country is owned by somebody and there has been a major change in parking over the last 5 to 7 years , hence why its harder to find anywhere to park without payment or getting a ticket

its driver beware , and comply with the signage , whatever that may be

not all companies follow POFA2012, for some strange reason the "England and Wales" government did not make it mandatory , although perhaps they should have , nor did they bring in a CoP of their own or a regulatory body to oversee it either

if it fails POFA2012, then its better for the keeper as they can hide behind POFA and say , "not me m8 , FRO - no keeper liability"

but you must appeal it using the blue text template , same as the others , as KEEPER

they can issue one , ten , or ten thousand tickets, there are no limits and each ticket is a potential profit , profit drives these companies - it is what it is

this is why we ask people to complain to their local MP and get that MP to support the private members bill going through parliament , by Sir Greg Knight , late feb or early march 2018
  • azz007
    claxtome wrote: »
    A PPC is allowed to issue a postal PCN. It is also the NTK. It is frustrating to be done in this way as potentially you could throw a crucial piece of evidence, the ticket, prior to receiving the PCN (NTK). POFA Schedule 4 2012 rules still apply but are slightly different in this scenario in terms of timings.

im not exaclty sure what you mean by this part ? if you can elaborte of my scenario and their lette please?
  • azz007
    Redx wrote: »
    if it fails POFA2012, then its better for the keeper as they can hide behind POFA and say , "not me m8 , FRO - no keeper liability"

what are main POFA failure point by the PPC? and what is FRO?
    Redx wrote: »
    but you must appeal it using the blue text template , same as the others , as KEEPER

can i not add further points such no oberstaion/issue time. no yellows . Minster have no dealing here and issueing tickets for the purposeof issuing etc.
    if i snd the blue letter as is, as 100% they always get rejected or not even looked at.

If they can issue as many, moy worry is another might be in the post as the driver has parked there on few occasions. oh dear. this is soo bloody frustring... wish i could see this warden face to face and have some words.
  • Redx
    edited 6 December 2017 at 8:39PM
    you need to compare the NTK to the law named POFA2012 and check for compliance

if they fail compliance then as keeper you are not liable for the parking charge , if they adhere to pofa2012 then you can be held liable under the law named pofa2012

you can add to that template if you want to about any non-compliance but there is no guarantee they will read it whatever you write

the aim is to get a popla code and then use all the ammo you can at popla, the newbies sticky thread tells you all this

I will not be explaining FRO but you can use 2 fingers to guess what it means ;)

yellow lines mean something on public roads, they have no weight on private roads although a judge could deem its common sense and standard practice not to park on them

I would suggest that you get pictures of the signage so we can see what it says because the parking contract with the driver totally depends on them
  • azz007
    as claxtome has hyperlinked my URL of their letter see above- it does seem the POFA wording to be okay, saying the keeper will be liable if no dirver or address is idetified.

i was just trying to find out the main POFA points they need to comply with which the PPC usually fail on.

haha FRO - got ya

il get some pics tomorrow.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,528 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    azz007 wrote: »
    i was just trying to find out the main POFA points they need to comply with which the PPC usually fail on.

This is spelt out in post #1 of the NEWBIES sticky thread.
    Look for the bold text - Want to dig deeper?
  • azz007
    KeithP wrote: »
    This is spelt out in post #1 of the NEWBIES sticky thread.
    Look for the bold text - Want to dig deeper?

one thing ive noticed is that POFA states on PARA 9,2,f.

warn the keeper that if, after the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice is given—
    (i)the amount of the unpaid parking charges specified under paragraph (d) has not been paid in full, and
    (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver,the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid;

So why do the PPC stated if after days etc etc...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure