warm home discount scheme

Options

Comments

• minimad1970
    Options
    British Gas Warm home discount application is now open for 2017/18. I applied online and the application was refused so I phoned and it was ok :think:
    laudan wrote: »
    I have just tried for my Mam & it was refused, Not sure if I understood the criteria. Her income is below the threshold but she claims no benefits at all (State Pension & Private Pension only)
    What was the reason yours was refused online?

When the adviser put my details in the application was refused and he couldn't understand why, so he did it again with the same answers and it was accepted. So a bit of a mystery really.
  • laudan
    laudan Posts: 235 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    It's not the broader group your mother would qualify under. It's the core group if anything. If she recieves guaranteed pension credit then this is what would qualify her. If she does then British gas will contact her.
    This is take from the website....
    If you are a Pension credit customer you will be automatically considered for the discount and the Government will write to those who are potentially eligible for the winter 2017/2018 discount in autumn 2017.
    You may qualify for this energy discount if you are the named or partner of the account holder on 9th July 2017 (the qualifying date) and you:
    • Receive only the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit (without receiving the Savings Credit)
      OR
    • Receive the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit as well as the Savings Credit.
    If you meet the following conditions, you do not need to do anything now to get your discount in 2017/2018.

I said above she claims no Benefits she is not on Pension Credit so not sure what you. Mean by your answer
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I said above she claims no Benefits she is not on Pension Credit so not sure what you. Mean by your answer
    Then she wouldn't be eligible for the warm home discount. All energy suppliers have their own criteria.
  • laudan
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Then she wouldn't be eligible for the warm home discount. All energy suppliers have their own criteria.

We have just rang all the ask was if she lived by her self - Yes
    Income - was less than the limit
    Any medical conditions - no
    Did she need to store medicine in a fridge or need electricity for medical equipment - no
    They said because her income is under the limit & she is of pensionable able she qualifies
  • laudan
    Options
    When the adviser put my details in the application was refused and he couldn't understand why, so he did it again with the same answers and it was accepted. So a bit of a mystery really.

Thanks same for my Mam, rang & she qualifies.
  • laudan
    Options
    Did anyone who rang up & were told they qualified receive anything in writing to confirm this?
  • minimad1970
    minimad1970 Posts: 6,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Did anyone who rang up & were told they qualified receive anything in writing to confirm this?

I didn't, but then I never have before either.
  • nextyeartina
    Options
    I'm with BG and did mine online. How do I know if I qualify? X
    The £1,000 emergency fund challenge #163 - £536.16/£1000
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,819 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I’ve applied 1st time online via Scottish Power.
    I have their auto reply and await a decision.
    I read the criterea etc-maybe M.S.+PIP/WTC will qulaify for warm home discount.
    Any MSER’s know if it’s weeks or months for an answwr from Scottish Power.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Gunsh0tglitt3r
    Options
    I applied online with SSE a few months ago and recently received a letter advising I had been accepted and now to just wait until I hear from them again. In the past I've had the money allocated in November/December, and more recently, it has been applied in Feb. All dependent on how busy they are I guess. But if you receive a letter of acceptance, it will be applied.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure