MSE News: TalkTalk and Plusnet customers to be hit by price hikes

Options
"Many TalkTalk and Plusnet home phone and broadband customers will be hit by prices rises from 1 October..."
Read the full story:

TalkTalk and Plusnet customers to be hit by price hikes

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• Percy1983
    Percy1983 Posts: 5,244 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I guess those of us who have prepaid a years line rental with talk talk won't be hit as hard.

It seems they are still the cheapest so nothing can be done really.
    Have my first business premises (+4th business) 01/11/2017
    Quit day job to run 3 businesses 08/02/2017
    Started third business 25/06/2016
    Son born 13/09/2015
    Started a second business 03/08/2013
    Officially the owner of my own business since 13/01/2012
  • kwikbreaks
    kwikbreaks Posts: 9,187 Forumite
    Options
    I only scanned through the TalkTalk figures which appear to be mainly increases in telephony charges. It used to only make much financial sense to take a VOIP product like Vonage if you had cable as you get charged line rental anyway with ADSL/VDSL. It could be that these increases tip that balance as the anytime calls charge is now similar to Vonage and from memory caller Id is an extra on TalkTalk (same as VM)
  • MillicentBystander
    Options
    kwikbreaks wrote: »
    I only scanned through the TalkTalk figures which appear to be mainly increases in telephony charges. It used to only make much financial sense to take a VOIP product like Vonage if you had cable as you get charged line rental anyway with ADSL/VDSL. It could be that these increases tip that balance as the anytime calls charge is now similar to Vonage and from memory caller Id is an extra on TalkTalk (same as VM)

In actual fact the biggest %tage increase is on the broadband (up from £6.50/mth to £7.50/mth).
  • hanlou007
    hanlou007 Posts: 99 Forumite
    Options
    good look getting away from Talk talk..........
  • Stuart_W
    Stuart_W Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anyone know if PlusNet and TalkTalk will both be continuing line rental saver / line rental advance from October, or is that quietly disappearing too? Can't find any reference to it.
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Stuart_W wrote: »
    Does anyone know if PlusNet and TalkTalk will both be continuing line rental saver / line rental advance from October,...

I don't know about TalkTalk but for Plusnet:

Until October 1st £125.88 (equivalent to £10.49 per month).
    From October 1st £137.88 (equivalent to £11.49 per month)

Note that for anyone taking Line Rental Saver (as opposed to renewing an existing LRS) since May 8th it includes no calls whatsoever. LRS used to include free evening and weekend calls. Customers renewing LRS since May 8th keep these.
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am still in the first year of a TalkTalk Essentials package paying £3.25 a month.

If I don't do anything are these my options?

The price will increase to £7.50 a month as soon as the first year ends but I will be free to leave at any time

or

ring them up and ask them for a price for a new fixed term contract
  • russt_2
    Options
    Hi
    I am a talktalk BB and phone customer my total bill is about £28 a month.This with the new increase will rise to about £30.
    I have just lost my job could I argue that i want out of the contract due to the price rise ?
    Also I am a sky customer will their BB and Phone package be cheaper and would it be worth the bother of changing.
    Thanks Russt
  • neil40
    neil40 Posts: 753 Forumite
    Options
    Its getting crazy for line rental now at nearly £16 per month!
  • neil40 wrote: »
    Its getting crazy for line rental now at nearly £16 per month!

So thats a hike of 7% in line rental and calls.
    plus a 11% in my phone package cost.

It does make you wonder what the point of OfCom is.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure