Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > Shop but don't drop > anyone heard/used waeplus.co.uk (wae+) at all? (Page 7)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
anyone heard/used waeplus.co.uk (wae+) at all?
Views: 64,032
# 121
rippedoff6666
Old 24-02-2013, 8:07 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi everyone. Thanks for this threads, I found this by doing a google search for ways to complain about wasplus. We have been ripped off by them too. We bought computer goods to the value of 150, they are not refunding. So all the advice here we will take and we will report them to Trading Standards, and make our credit card company get our refund for us. It is like trying to get blood from a stone with this company, they really don't want to refund, yet they won't send our goods as they are out of stock. Furious we are, they weren't out of stock when we ordered. I do believe this is a con to make money from goods they don't stock. I hope bad things happen to this comapny, they deserve it. I'll write to Watchdog, just to make sure everyone else gets heard.
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to rippedoff6666 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 122
ph4824
Old 25-02-2013, 8:05 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

I've just signed that petition WAEareRUBBISH but once posted my details did not come up? I'm guessing someone vets thems before they go live?
The Following User Says Thank You to ph4824 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 123
WAEareRUBBISH
Old 25-02-2013, 9:49 AM
MoneySaving Convert

I think it might take time for your name to show on the petition. There are not many names there yet, I think it might have been put on Facebook, but I don't use that site so I'm not sure. The message really does need to be spread about how bad WAE+ is, and how badly they treat their customers.

I'm guessing they have hundreds of thousands of pounds in their bank account at any given time, money which has been taken where goods have not been received. They have got themselves a good thing going, illegal, but I would imagine they will have some awful tw*t explain in such a way it looks like some small error.

Will people believe their lies? I doubt it! Can't wait for the chief thief to be on Watchdog.
# 124
WAEareRUBBISH
Old 25-02-2013, 9:55 AM
MoneySaving Convert

The people who put together this petition will be very grateful for all signatures. I don't know them personally, but they have been ripped off like many of us have been by WAE+ what they are doing is a good thing, anything which puts this corrupt comapny in the spot light will help people get their money back.
# 125
ph4824
Old 26-02-2013, 9:11 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

For all the negative reviews about people not getting refunds I've never read anyone confirming they actually got their money back.

I can confirm that today I received all my money back, 8 days after I canceled my order and a total of 15 days since placing the order.
# 126
WAEareRUBBISH
Old 27-02-2013, 9:50 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph4824 View Post
I can confirm that today I received all my money back, 8 days after I canceled my order and a total of 15 days since placing the order.
That is great to hear, sounds like they are refunding to some people at least. We are almost 2 months past ordering our 'out of stock items' and still no refund.

All WAE+ have done to us is make us wait 45 days after the credit card comapany stepped in, because they can! Hohum.

Still, it is good to know people are getting thier money back.
# 127
ph4824
Old 27-02-2013, 4:09 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAEareRUBBISH View Post
All WAE+ have done to us is make us wait 45 days after the credit card comapany stepped in, because they can! Hohum.
That is infuriating! Crazy!!

Well I'm not sure I have any secret to advise but what I did was to email every day (excluding weekends) letting them know I'm not going away. I also called them a bunch of times!
# 128
WAEareRUBBISH
Old 03-03-2013, 8:02 AM
MoneySaving Convert

We got an email yesterday to say our money had been refunded on 14th Feb, although this was over two weeks ago. There was an apology:-

Dear *****,

Please accept our deepest and sincere apologies with regards to your refund as you were not happy with the service we provided.

I can now confirm you have been refunded in full and we can now close your investigation.

Your refund has been processed today and will be credited back to the debit card originally used. This will show in your account within the next 3-5 working days depending on who you bank with.

We would also like to take this opportunity to express our regrets and to assure you that we will do our best to avoid a repeat of what happened.

We really do value our customers and your custom and look forward to continuing our relationship in the near future.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Yours sincerely,

Gary Prestell
Complaints Controller
The Following User Says Thank You to WAEareRUBBISH For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 129
WAEareRUBBISH
Old 03-03-2013, 8:12 AM
MoneySaving Convert

I would like to know if others are getting this standard apology? What they don't do is give you anything for the time and stress of going through all of this.

They say they will do their best to avoid this happening again, but it has been happening, as far as you can look back on review sites, for over a year! It might be much longer, so they haven't taken steps so far to stop selling out of stock goods, or give timely refunds.

We had to fork out the same amount of money spent with WAE+ to buy from another company, and wait for refund which took two and a half months. This left us out of pocket for a considerable time. We had to send emails, make phone calls and send a letter via recorded delivery to get this refund.

So WAE+ are bad for your health, bad for your bank account, leave you out of pocket (even after refund), apologise but don't change, don't offer anything in the way of compensation to all of their ripped off customers, what you are left with is a company you will avoid like the plague and tell every single person you know to also avoid.

Great business sense they have isn't it! Greedy ungrateful nasty little b*stards who deserve to be the victims of their own undoing.
The Following User Says Thank You to WAEareRUBBISH For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 130
Claire71uk
Old 03-03-2013, 1:03 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Thumbs down

I have never had an apology.... The one received by WAEareRubbish is pro forma that seems to be sent to all.

They even declined CashBack claim worth 50 plus....they said my complete order never happened...I have resubmitted claim along with email order confirmation, proof of delivery, Internet history, credit card statements.

They lied to those who sent them customers using specific CashBack links. I would have purchased elsewhere if I understood they would deny CashBack, on top of the hassle and abusive treatment I received.

Update... My Cashback was eventually paid 50.72 and WAE + were removed as poor performers. My evidence, included web news stories which quoted them offering 8% cashback.

Last edited by Claire71uk; 20-06-2013 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Update... WAE failed
The Following User Says Thank You to Claire71uk For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 131
Protopia
Old 04-03-2013, 9:18 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Refund

I did eventually get a refund but only after submitting a claim for a chargeback to my credit card co.

And I got the same proforma email "apology".

Frankly I cannot decide whether:

1. They are simply a victim of their own success - the volume of business they are getting is simply overwhelming them and they cannot cope. In this case I would expect them to be more open about their difficulties and to ask customers to bear with them - but they don't so this does not seem like the reason.

2. They are incompetent - they are unable to keep their web site up to date with stock availability. However the overheads of processing all the refunds must be huge - so tey should have every incentive to fix this, but don't. Again this does not seem like the reason.

3. They are deliberately taking orders for products they don;t have in stock and holding back refunds to boost their cash flow.

I have no idea whether any of the above are correct. I just feel sorry for their Customer Services call centre staff who must have to deal with a lot of irate customers.

P
The Following User Says Thank You to Protopia For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 132
WAEareRUBBISH
Old 04-03-2013, 10:46 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protopia View Post
Frankly I cannot decide whether:

1. They are simply a victim of their own success - the volume of business they are getting is simply overwhelming them and they cannot cope. In this case I would expect them to be more open about their difficulties and to ask customers to bear with them - but they don't so this does not seem like the reason.

2. They are incompetent - they are unable to keep their web site up to date with stock availability. However the overheads of processing all the refunds must be huge - so tey should have every incentive to fix this, but don't. Again this does not seem like the reason.

3. They are deliberately taking orders for products they don;t have in stock and holding back refunds to boost their cash flow.

I think it has been three stages, ending in the last you mention. And greed knows no bounds. I think it will carry on until they get in trouble.

They clearly don't care about the bad name they are making for themselves enough to stop this bad practice.

At the end of the day they are leaving people out of pocket, furiously trying to claim their money back at their own expense.

Children did not receive toys for Christmas because they were out of stock, this will also happen on Birthdays etc...

WAE+ No morals.
# 133
leep6273
Old 05-03-2013, 2:17 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Just reported these bozo's to Trading Standards and got a dispute registered with my bank. If everyone does the same then may be we can get them to change there ways or get them to cease trading. Immoral charlatans. Ripping off your man in the street since god knows when.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leep6273 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 134
uzine
Old 07-03-2013, 1:19 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Buying my single din sound system from WAE was a biggest mistake I done. I have created a website so that I can show the screen print which displays that it has been 1 month and I have not yet received my item
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uzine For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 135
WAEareRUBBISH
Old 08-03-2013, 8:26 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzine View Post
Buying my single din sound system from WAE was a biggest mistake I done. I have created a website so that I can show the screen print which displays that it has been 1 month and I have not yet received my item
You are one of their many victims.

Please sign the online petition, report them to Trading Standards, force refund through your credit card company, and send a letter of complaint.

07789019 (Company reg number)
Reg Office
WAE+ LIMITED
180 NEWHALL STREET
BIRMINGHAM
ENGLAND
B3 1SJ

CRESSWELL, DARREN MR (Director 1)
27/09/2011 (Date he created the company)

2 REDHOUSE SQUARE
DUNCAN CLOSE MOULTON PARK
NORTHAMPTON
NORTHAMPTONSHIRE
UNITED KINGDOM
NN3 6WL

SLATER, BEN STEPHEN MR (Director 2 & Company secretary)
27/09/2011
APARTMENT 15 52 MASON WAY
BIRMINGHAM
UNITED KINGDOM
B15 2EE

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...nline-shoppers

Write to Watchdog at:
Watchdog, W1 NBH 07C, BBC New Broadcasting House, Portland Place, London W1A 1AA

dom @ flametv . co . uk Write to Dom
# 136
hugoman42
Old 12-03-2013, 11:57 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Concur, order a tablet, cancelled because they couldn't get it. Still waiting for refund after a month. Rubbish, avoid at all costs.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hugoman42 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 137
madwayne
Old 20-03-2013, 8:36 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default oh my god Dont waeplus

hi, wish I had seen this first, i have a considerable order with them and as everyone is stating here.

items showing in stock but when ordering saying not avilable.

WARNING DO NOT USE.

Reporting company to VISA, TRADING STANDARDS Brimingham don't want to know, Watchdog, and if I can I will report to companies house also, posted on face book the petition and this thread

they cant keep doing this to customers, BEWARE OF CHEAP PRICES.

Last edited by madwayne; 20-03-2013 at 9:20 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to madwayne For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 138
ShortRound
Old 20-03-2013, 8:56 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Talking These people should be in jail

I have the same story as everyone else. No goods, no refund, no reply's to emails.

I have complained to trading standards and started county court action to get my money back. The sooner they are shut down the better.

The Guardian have an article about them : guardian.co.uk/money/2012/nov/16/we-are-electrical-plus-complaints-new-website
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShortRound For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 139
Claire71uk
Old 21-03-2013, 10:42 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Have received an email from Birmingham Trading Standards.... They are investigating my complaint.

Send your complaints to Mike.Gutowski@birmingham.gov.uk, the more they see the more reason they will have to shut them down, or prosecute and fine.

It took Trading Standards 3 months just to respond, but I believe anyone who's mistreated by WAE+ should be heard.

May also support any credit card or bank chargebacks.

Trading Standards direct email Mike.Gutowski@birmingham.gov.uk

Best of luck everyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Claire71uk For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 140
Emanuele Ciriachi
Old 21-03-2013, 10:43 AM
MoneySaving Convert

I can confirm that, luckily, after cancelling my order 1 hour after submitting it and sending a threatening letter to a number of their addresses, they cancelled my order before taking my money.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emanuele Ciriachi For This Useful Post: Show me >>