Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Freezing - Tips and Quick Questions thread
    • 25th Oct 06, 1:26 PM
    Freezing - Tips and Quick Questions thread 25th Oct 06 at 1:26 PM
    Added by Gingham Ribbon:

We get a lot of quickfire questions about freezing, like this one, and I thought it would be a good idea to try to keep them all on one thread. So I've amended the name of this thread and any quick questions about freezing can be added to this one.

You may find that you don't even need to ask. See:-
    The Complete Cooking Collection and then scroll down to "freezing" - it covers lots of different foods.

Is it ok to freeze baked beans? :confused:

Is it also ok to freeze curry sauce ?

In addition to this - is it ok to use plastic freezer bags for runny stuff like this - as I don't have the space for boxes

Sorry if this has been covered anywhere else but I'm not too sure what is ok to freeze and isn't

many thanks

RE-FREEZING - by far the most common question these days is "Can I refreeze...???"

If you have defrosted something but want to freeze it again straight away (or after not using it all up) then refreezing is not advised.

If you have "changed the state" of the product concerned. i.e. you have cooked it in a soup/pie/curry/roast/whatever... then yes, you can safely freeze it.

Note that if you have made and frozen some soup from a previously frozen product (for example) and defrost this... then refreezing any leftover soup is not advised.

TIP:- When freezing things, if it is at all possible (and sensible) divide it into portions first. That way you should seldom have "leftover" defrosted "stuff" that you now have to find something to do with.
    by squeaky
    Last edited by squeaky; 26-08-2011 at 10:47 AM. Reason: add refreezing quickie
Page 89
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,482Posts Today

7,643Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Poor sophie from @itvMLshow hadn't realised what our show t shirts backs say when collecting me from Tory conference

• RT @hselftax: .@MartinSLewis now talking (engagingly) about the need for trust in the energy market. Fiery tone! #CPC15

• Going to my energy debate at Tory conference, protestor outside as I go in heckles "don't do it martin, you'll come out dirty"

• Follow Martin