Important Changes to Jobseekers Allowance Sanctions

Comments

• dont worry i am sure your time will come when you and your friends will be out of work lol and getting slapped in the face with a sanction.
  • csmw
    csmw Posts: 579
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    dont worry i am sure your time will come when you and your friends will be out of work lol and getting slapped in the face with a sanction.

I've worked my whole life thankyou.....and people who are slapped with sanctions are those that fail to honouir their side of a contract. Benefits are not a handout job seekers is their to help you look for work and if you dont then you should'nt recieve it.

The fact that you use the term 'lol' after everything tells me you really need to grow up and take account for your actions rather then blame the jcp staff for everything.
  • well that’s funny I thought it was a agreement not a contract and yes I agree with you we all need to work and some of us do want to work I do but you should have a moment as you are getting into that nice warm bed that there are going to be some of us non-workers that cant put any money in the gas or electric tonight and have no way of getting any food for the kids, so maybe you would like to swap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Parva
    Parva Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    yes i am (as i just told you in a private message after you asked me why i am laying into you). i have always hated having to sanction people. i have only done it 2ce and that was becuase they were obviously playing the system. You have made me realise how needed the new sanctions are. It will weed out people who are not doing what they are claiming for i.e jobseeking (jobseekers alowance name kind of gives it away). hopefully it will clear the crap out of jobcentres so that advisors arent wasting their time with people who have no intention of helping themselves. They can then use the time and resources to help the genuine ones.

I will not waste anymore time with you..in through one ear and out of the other. I just wish you all the luck in life. And believe me you will need luck and a lot of it.
    Good lord, no wonder the genuine jobseekers feel so persecuted with attitudes like that at JCP. Whilst I appreciate that there will always be scroungers it's not your job to be judge, jury and executioner! I do hope your bosses don't get wind of this thread as some of the things said by you earlier to one particular poster were vitriolic in the least, not to mention that you got the facts wrong in that particular persons case several times. Very worrying indeed.
  • csmw
    Forumite
    well that’s funny I thought it was a agreement not a contract and yes I agree with you we all need to work and some of us do want to work I do but you should have a moment as you are getting into that nice warm bed that there are going to be some of us non-workers that cant put any money in the gas or electric tonight and have no way of getting any food for the kids, so maybe you would like to swap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A contract is an agreement between parties....your jobseekers agreement is a contract between you and the department for work and pension...have you actually read it ad I think you need to take at look at it.

The fact that you are attempting to make this personal is really pathetic!! There are millions of people unemployed at the moment and most are out there day in day out looking for work and doing the best they can...and then there are people like you who instead f getting on with it, you wana slag off the jcp because they have asked you to look for work...as a condition of recieving your benefit...are you for real???

If you have children you are paid for them seperatly ie, child tax credits and child benefits so that is a sepearte issue
  • Mara69
    Mara69 Posts: 1,409 Forumite
    andy2004 wrote: »
    <snip> it seems most of the staff at the havent branch LIKE stopping people benefits, example myself, in the past 2 months I have had my benefits sanctioned 3 times.

I would suggest the problem absolutely lies with you. My son is on JSA and has never been sanctioned. But then, he can provide comprehensive evidence of his job searches, has never been late or failed to attend a meeting or appointment at the Job Centre.
    What 'support' do you think the unemployed get? I can tell you its zero support.

Financial support, maybe?

If you..
    I do not spend a FEW hours looking for work at all. I spend all day looking for work, every day

and have
    I have 20 years experience.

I would suggest you don't need their help. You know how to job search, how to keep a record of a job search. The JCP staff will have their hands full with less able job seekers.

Perhaps you could try being less aggressive and a little more amenable. Getting on your high horse and refusing to 'work for free' will not endear you to employers. Perhaps if you were a little more willing, take part in an unpaid work trial and use it as an opportunity to demonstrate your magnificent skills an employer would be encouraged to give you a chance.
  • imatt
    imatt Posts: 356
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    .....voluntary work, apprenticeships (regardless of your age) and even retraining . I was unemployed for quite a long time, and taking up voluntary work was the best thing that happened to me...gave me a feel for the routine of a work life that i had forgotten, and helped motivate me more. Everyones different i know, but at least explore other options.

The thing is, many ARE doing voluntary work as it is. Guess what? They're told after a period of time that such volunteering is no longer availble (despite it being in line with their experiences and qualifications) and they have to MWA (Mandatory Work Activity) that offers little if anything in the way of real training and all too often with nil chance of a job or even an interview at the end.

I know people like yourself who have found employment (both woring for themselves and as an employee) doing volunteering at a local community / resource centre. The effort they put in as well as the results they see is down to themselves and the support they recieve at said community centre, not the JC and certainly NOT any WP / W2W provider you care to mention.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 14 October 2012 at 6:42PM
    Hi well it looks like we are getting stuff up the back passage by the jsaboys and girls, they forced use into signing a new agreement with 5 jobs a week lol that’s fine but if there is only 3 jobs advertised a week you won’t get any money at all and you cant get any help from the legalised !!!!! ooooooo sorry the government so what is next. ow sorry and csmw you are on the wrong side of the fence. :mad::mad:

Other ways for finding a job like sending cv's on spec (whether this would work i cant say but an option), look on various firms websites for jobs.
    Just because a job isnt advetised in the local paper or on direct.gov it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
  • i didnt think there was as many of you knobs on here lol xxx
    your time is coming
  • csmw
    Forumite
    i didnt think there was as many of you knobs on here lol xxx
    your time is coming

I think someone ^^^^^ needs to go back to college and get a basic english qualification, none of your posts are even readable or make any sense
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure