October 2012 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Hello! Can I join the October 2012 Grocery Challenge?

£240 for me please - many thanks :)
    Barclaycard £tbc
    Santander £tbc
    Simply Be £tbc
    Evans £tbc
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Hi everyone. Have looked at this thread for ages and would love to join. We are a family of four with a cat. Can you put us down for £250 for October please. Looking forward to getting started :j

PP xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • Hi everyone

Coxy - well done on getting the lists sorted - I completely missed Zippy's message, sorry :o

Rosieben - thank you so much for the recipes on the front page :beer:

Zippy - sorry I missed the message at the start but Coxy was brill and sorted it out :o

Coxy - can you ut me down for £75 a week please - this won't change so if its easier for you just keep it on the list
    all the time and I'll repost if it should change [not much hope of that]

I've completely lost the plot recently with the shopping budget [we've got a new allotment so we've spent every spare moment there] so I really need to get it all back under control and start some batch cooking and being mean with money lol, otherwise DH will continue to spend like there's no tomorrow!!

Thank you everyone for all your support whilst I helped out

Helen
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Coxy - thank you for updating your list as requested, It's all perfect now. Thanks again for volunteering to help
    :A
    Zip
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Just an update on my attempt at a cheap kedgeree. It was LOVELY! Me and the kids all loved it, and it was dead cheap!
    I just made up the golden vegetable flavour rice and added a large spoonful of curry powder (mild).
    Ovenbaked 4 large smoked haddock fillets which i bought ages ago from lidl, flaked them and added to the rice, then boiled 2 large eggs and chopped them up and added them to the rice as well.
    chopped up some baby plum tomatoes and peppers, and hey presto, a dead cheap dinner!
    YUM!
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Hi can i pls be put down for £180 finished just under for sept but want few things this month towards christmas good luck everyone xxxxxx
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • Hello,
    Please may I join in?

We have £100
    this is for 2 adults (and I am 7.5 months pregnant so extra hungry right now)!

Included in our budget is all cleaning products and toiletries but not pet food.

Our food spending has been a bit ridiculous lately and we desperately need to get it under control and we need to stock up a bit rather than use up as I want to have nicely stocked cupboards and freezer for when the baby comes.
    Everything is always better after a cup of tea
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    WantToBeSE, I've added your Kedgeree to the recipe index :beer:
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • My month (5weeks) started on friday so I would like to report 3 no spend days :) I have made my own bread today and used up some fridge stuff instead of throwing things away so need to pop to Aldi tomorrow but I have a list and I am going to be good :)
    January Grocery Challenge £203.50/£200 :)
    13NSD
    February Grocery Challenge £59.20/£200
  • Allypops
    Allypops Posts: 244 Forumite
    edited 24 September 2012 at 2:49PM
    Hi all,
    Last month I tried to go from £450 to £350 and I think it was too big a drop iin one go. September's grocery total finally came in at £425. So the new plan is to cut back in stages. This month I am going to try to come in at £25 less than last month. So this month's target is :

£400

Thanks
    Allypops
    Married with 2 children
    SPC5 # 1837- -
    DMP started April 2011 34.5% paid [STRIKE]£78800[/STRIKE]
    DFD: June 2019 DFW Long hauler #286
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing