Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Butti
    Butti's Journey: A matter of loaf and death
    • 25th Jul 12, 7:49 AM
    Butti's Journey: A matter of loaf and death 25th Jul 12 at 7:49 AM
    Hello Peeps

Well here we are at my diary or my cry for help as you may like to call it! Shortly, when someone from Aaardman actually get back to me and tells me it's trade marked we may be calling it something else entirely, but in the words of a psychotic lover 'they haven't returned my calls'.

Oh dear this is going well, I'm rambling already.

So where am I in my journey.
    At the moment it feels like hurtling towards a situation in which I am waiting for Kharma to join the dots. I have four days in which to declutter, sort, paint and start repairing a hoose. On the fifth day I shall move about 170 miles away and start a new job on the seventh. As the kharmic quote is from Steve Jobs I am kinda hoping for divine intervention from him in helping join the dots. C'mon Steve.

Anyway having tired of living the high life on benefitsI am getting a job. A real permanant job down south where I am led to believe they still have jobs.

I have decided to start a diary so you can all keep me on the straight and narrow (you may prefer to call it shouting at me!) I did wonder whether to start in about a month because;
    1. I'll have been paid
    2. I'll have spent MORE MONEY on having a fitted wardrobe put in that actually works with doors that actually slide, paint, more paint and a new sink. Why do I need a new sink? Because my lovely 1970's brown version has a leak and the tap is integral to the sink. Then we let the house (we being me and the friend of a friend who is my agent who in setting deadlines has just made the job real and the timescale real and the amount of work real!)
    3. I shall be living on a narrowboat close to a pub with free wi-fi so in order to;
    a. See any Olympics
    b. Communicate with any of you lot
    I shall have to spend some time in the pub. See how I suffer for your entertainment!

But we're starting now so I'm just warning you. My debt will go UP in the short term but it has to or I will not let the house when it will start to go down.

So there we are. I'm sure a budget (or several) will pass in the next few days. I'll have to give you lot something to do .
    First job for today - some paint for the garage door! More money

Butti
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. (08/12) £22,734. (10/14) £9127 (12/14) £8530 (2/15 )£7790
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S MOB
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

246Posts Today

1,096Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • On train home from Birmingham. Had dinner by the canal there this evening. Lovely area, very sunny and picturesque.

• Fantastic run by new UK star Zharnell Hughes in @BritAthletics #BritishChamps 200m.I was v proud to present the medal http://t.co/sSSXpM1SBZ

• Ok a wee bit chuffed. Just been asked if I'd like to present a medal at #Britishchamps, someone is now missing a hand as I bit it off!

• Follow Martin