MSE News: NatWest customers in lurch after meltdown

Former_MSE_Helen
Former_MSE_Helen Posts: 2,382 Forumite
edited 4 July 2012 at 2:46PM in Budgeting & bank accounts
"Millions of NatWest and RBS customers may be left without cash after 'technical problems' struck the bank ..."
Read the full story:
NatWest customers in lurch after meltdown

See the updated story story (22/06/12):
NatWest nightmare into day three: Q&A on your rights

See the further updated story (25/06/12):
NatWest latest: bank hopeful of fix today

See the further updated story (02/07/12):
Ulster Bank crisis goes on

See the further updated story (04/07/12):
Ulster Bank crisis could last a month

OfficialStamp.gif

Comments

• davethorp
    davethorp Posts: 1,576
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Already a fairly lengthy thread discussing this here
  • DK72
    DK72 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I find it really uncanny that Natwest are claiming everything is now ok. NO it isn't. I still haven't had my accounts updated..... I keep asking who is their IT provider - why don't they announce that they will be penalising them - it may make us poor customers feel a bit better.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,829
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    From their website:
    Important Information for our customers - message timed at 16:25
    We can confirm that all account balance information has now been updated so most customers will now be able to view an up to date balance. Some services online are still unavailable and some customers may still be impacted.

We recognise this has caused significant inconvenience for our customers, and we continue to work to resolve these issues and restore a full service.

We will be keeping over 1,000 NatWest branches in all major towns and cities open until 7pm tonight to assist customers who are unable to get to their branch during working hours. Staff at our call centres are also ready to answer questions and help where they can.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • jen245
    jen245 Posts: 1,606
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I think i must be in some kind of meltdown twilight zone, as i havent had any issues at all with my accounts, yesterday or today, and my local branch was quite quiet today when i popped in :cool:
    Debt free and staying that way! :beer:
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    DK72 wrote: »
    I find it really uncanny that Natwest are claiming everything is now ok. NO it isn't. I still haven't had my accounts updated..... I keep asking who is their IT provider - why don't they announce that they will be penalising them - it may make us poor customers feel a bit better.

This is likely to be an internal IT issue so asking who their IT provider is is a pointless exercise.
  • mrbilbs
    mrbilbs Posts: 81 Forumite
    My wage should have gone in and be showing this morning. Guess what? No wage!
    :mad:
  • No money for me and at least one other friend this morning!!! According to the man at Natwest I spoke to yesterday, Natwest will do all they can to sort the problem out as soon as possible!
  • Guess what! 07.25 Friday. No overnight transactions showing. No money paid in. No updated balance. Should we believe anything banks say these days?
  • Kat4w
    Kat4w Posts: 2 Newbie
    I have checked online banking just now and my partners wages aren't showing and are due in today. What gets me mad is although there is a message on the website acknowledging the problem it doesn't give any advice as to what to do.we need some money today but what can I do?
  • notts_phil
    notts_phil Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    Well get to your branch which should be opening early prove its your payday and they will give you some cash :)
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure